How the Gospel Works

glorydaz

Where did I say get RID of the sin nature? Stop making up things.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

"The Jews took care of their sin nature by doing the purification/ceremonial works."

Guess I'll just leave you to explain away your mind boggling statements however you want. "Taking care" of a sin nature has got to be a topic of it's very own. Write a book on it for all I care.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Put your husband on. He cannot be as ignorant and lying as you are.

O.K. Bud. The husband is on. Stop calling my wife a liar.
I will never agree with your false beliefs, so there will be no future conversations.

TOL permanently banned me years ago and at that time, I gave up on TOL as a realistic or ripe field of witness, where one could spread the Gospel and name of Jesus Christ.

I have not been proven wrong. TOL is nothing but a tree full of wicked birds.

Yourself included.

ReaderHalf

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

We are to EAT and DRINK.

Both are partaking. You partake of the water from the Rock. You partake of the manna from heaven.

We partake of the Gospel of Grace when we believe.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:​

God's Truth

Both are partaking. You partake of the water from the Rock. You partake of the manna from heaven.

We partake of the Gospel of Grace when we believe.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:​

I told you that. We drink and eat. You gave an argument for only drinking.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with the article that Adam & Eve were saved.

But #1 seems to conflict with what many Calvinists say.

Was not the covenant of grace (the seed of the woman) for all of mankind, as Eve was the mother of all living (Gen 3:20) ?
Covenants have parties to what is being promised and required. I think you are assuming the covenant of grace is being made to all mankind.

Man stands in specific relations to God by means of covenant and headship. In Adam under the covenant of works we are accounted as covenant breakers but in Christ under the covenant of grace we are accounted covenant keepers. Romans 5:12-21 articulates this with such clarity that it cannot be contradicted without perverting the plain meaning of words.

The Pauline two Adam construction, upon which covenant theology is so firmly founded, only speaks of two heads, and thus only allows for two covenants.

The covenant of works was made with Adam, and in him with all his seed. The covenant being made with Adam, as a public person, not for himself only, but for his posterity; all mankind descending from him by ordinary generation, sinned in him, and fell with him in that first transgression. See: Acts 17:26; Gen. 2:16-17; Rom. 5:12-20; 1 Cor. 15:21-22.

The covenant of grace was made with Christ, (Gal. 3:16; Rom. 5:15-21; Isa. 53:10-11) and in him with all the elect. His grace is revealed in the covenant of grace by God freely providing and making available to sinners a mediator and through him life and salvation. God uses faith as the only way for sinners to become united to him. He promises and gives his Holy Spirit to all his elect in order to bring about this faith in them along with all the other saving graces and in order to make it possible for them to be holy and obedient, as proof of the truth of their faith and thankfulness to God and as the way he has established for them to be saved. See: Gen. 3:15; Isa. 42:6; John 6:27; 1 John 5:11-12; John 3:16; John 1:12; Prov. 1:23; 2 Cor. 4:13; Gal. 5:22-23; Ezek. 36:27; Jas. 2:18, 22; 2 Cor. 5:14-15; Eph. 2:10.

We do not speak of a covenant made with Adam and a separate covenant made with his seed. It is the transgression of Adam which is imputed to the seed. Likewise we should not speak of a covenant made with Christ and a separate covenant made with the elect. It is the righteousness of Christ which is imputed to the elect. See Heb. 13:20, 21; by the terms of the one everlasting covenant Christ was raised from the dead and believers are made perfect in every good work.

By the arrangement of the one covenant, works, Adam and his posterity are condemned; by arrangement of the other covenant, grace, Christ and His elect are justified.

The apostle explicitly says that Christ is the seed contemplated in the covenant made with Abraham, Gal. 3:16. He is likewise the seed of the promise made to David. In all the promises of the OT Christ is preached as coming Redeemer. As the fathers trust in the promises they were engrafted into Christ, and hence into the covenant of grace.

It is quite clear, when stated in its biblical character, that the elect were "contracted for" not "contracted with" in the covenant of grace. Christ is their Mediator and Surety. Those terms indicate that man is not a party to this covenant, but merely a recipient of Christ's undertaking for them. Hence the New Testament uses the word diatheke instead of suntheke.

The history of redemption is the history of the outworking of these two covenants.

AMR

musterion

Limited Atonement (TULIP) precludes the Gospel of grace being preached as Paul preached it. One cannot in good conscience say to anyone and everyone one meets, "Christ died for OUR sins." If they're not elect, He absolutely did NOT die for their sins and you're lying - and making God a liar - when you tell them that He DID die for them.

That is why so called "hyper-Calvinists" (actually consistent Calvinists) tend not to preach to the lost. They do not want to risk creating false faith and false hope in reprobates. They're in a minority of Calvinists who at least try to act in accordance with what all TULIP Calvinists say they believe.

But if one believes, as Paul taught, that the Cross has made reconciliation possible for every single person on earth without exception, then one can preach Paul's gospel in good conscience to anyone and everyone because it IS true and it DOES apply to everyone who hears it.

musterion

Tell us the difference. What do you eat from Jesus, and what do you drink from Jesus?

She's already a member of Him. She is of His Body. His life is her life. She's seated with Him at the right hand in the heavenlies in Him.

If you actually believed these things you would not have asked her that foolish question.

God's Truth

She's already a member of Him. She is of His Body. His life is her life. She's seated with Him at the right hand in the heavenlies in Him.

If you actually believed these things you would not have asked her that foolish question.

I am not asking about her personally.

We are debating the gospel.

I asked how one eats and how one drinks Christ.

Cross Reference

Since you struggle with aBrakel, please read what I have posted above.

AMR

My only struggle seems to be my inabality to wade through your learned "longeneer" convoluted conclusions.

Redemption is not about two covenants but a new foundation God provided for man by Jesus Christ by His shed blood.. Since any new spiritual foundation would be a provision for a new creation, man who has been born again is by such a birth enabled to build upon this new foundation, the whole process generating an intimate relationship with God per John 17:3.

It can be said that Redemption is man's second chance for eternal life as purposed By God, set in Himself which Adam failed to produce for Him.

Just a reminder:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" Titus 3:5 (KJV)

Zeke

Since you struggle with aBrakel, please read what I have posted above.

AMR

You reached for the educational prowess of historical theology yet missed the basic building blocks of the teaching.

The recondite methodology of the ancient scriptural poets has caught and deceived modern scholarship. For when taken as factual occurrence and objective history, the "fabulous representation" of ancient books appears ridiculous, in spite of the fact that zealous pietism from the third century forward strove to make its conversion of myth into history as plausible and possible. Modern estimate of ancient intelligence has been based on the view that the writers of the old books believed in their myths as veridical fact! Do we not have the secret here of the moderns' mean opinion of ancient intelligence? It has been assumed that antiquity was so childish as to believe its own myths! But the childishness is all on our part, for such a baseless ascription. These seers and sages of an early age were more deeply instructed in the profound truths of our life than we yet are! But they consigned their wisdom to books--when it was entrusted to writing at all--under the forms of a disguise. And not in sixteen centuries has the western mind been astute enough to penetrate this veil and unmask the marvels of truth and knowledge lying beneath. Right here is found the reason why Christian theology has failed to solve the cabalistic enigma of the meaning of its own doctrinal material. For it approached ancient archaic literature with a preconception of its arrant inferiority, which precluded the imputation to it of merit or profundity. Nor did it rest until it had reduced the body of arcane writing to veritable nonsense, forcing upon the myths and upon their subtle devisers an alleged sense that was a frightful travesty of their true but hidden connotation. And it is easily demonstrable that certain weird manifestations cropping out in the life of medieval Christendom, and having repercussions down to this present, were engendered as the outcome of the general obfuscation of western mentality by the perversion of its heritage of spiritual wisdom to a jargon of incomprehensible theological absurdity.

God's Truth

There is no such gospel that says we cannot obey God after being taught about Him.

There is no such gospel that says we cannot follow directions and be saved.

Faith only and Calvinists teach those two errors.