How the Gospel Works

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't even know that Jesus washes us. You are in a bad way.

Paul taught that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1. After we are justified by faith we are considered to be washed in the blood of Christ. However, there is no washing before justification, nor is there any indwelling of the Holy Spirit until you are justified. God must see us as perfect and complete "In Christ" before he imparts the Holy Spirit.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Do you mean,

"I have no idea if they CAN be saved" ?

If so you're dead wrong. ALL, without exception, CAN be saved. That's what the Bible says. That's what grace means. All CAN be reconciled. But TULIP denies that flatly (Limited Atonement). You can't believe both, Lon. Pick one, but stop pretending both can be true. They can't.

Not if they're reprobates. The Blood was not shed for them (Limited Atonement) and they will receive no Irresistible Grace to quicken and believe. They have ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE.

There is if they're reprobated. You're imploring them to do something God specifically intended they not do.

You can preach it, they can believe it, but it's absolutely fruitless if they're reprobated, and that by the God of Calvinism's decree.

Do you see the box you've trapped yourself in?

No Calvinist preaches reprobation.

Our Gospel message is that, as creatures, we all share the sinful condition caused by Adam, that requires repentance and faith to be saved . . which is beyond any of our willful control to obey . . so the answer to the tragic dilemma is the sending of the last Adam, Jesus Christ, and trusting in His righteousness alone.

That is a Gospel of hard fact with revelation of Godly grace.

What Gospel do you proclaim? The lie that God loves all men, but it is up to the sinner to access that love? The lie that grace is found only through human decision? That if a person does not make the right decision, that is the reason they will burn in hell?

Doesn't sound right or biblical to me at all . . .

God's Truth

Paul taught that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1. After we are justified by faith we are considered to be washed in the blood of Christ.

At least you finally admit it. Remember when you were going against that truth?

However, there is no washing before justification, nor is there any indwelling of the Holy Spirit until you are justified.

No kidding?

God must see us as perfect and complete "In Christ" before he imparts the Holy Spirit.

Where did you get that from? Show the scripture or admit you made it up, or admit you got it from someone who made it up.

We are cleaned by Jesus and justified AFTER we believe that his blood washes us clean of the sins we repent of doing---and even then he doesn't save anyone until he CHOOSES to do so.

glorydaz

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Do you really want to say what you did about my speaking of eating Jesus?

Absolutely mindless babbling. You say it means to obey. You ignore what is written.

It means to BELIEVE. But, you've been told....I don't expect you to listen. :chew:

John 6:29,35,40,47.

God's Truth

Absolutely mindless babbling. You say it means to obey. You ignore what is written.

It means to BELIEVE. But, you've been told....I don't expect you to listen. :chew:

John 6:29,35,40,47.

You called it mindless babbling BEFORE I said it was obeying.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
..... because I eat of him everyday.
More mindless babbling by God's UNtruth.

And no, believing is as drinking his blood.

glorydaz

In their sin nature they didn't do what God said to do and start with CIRCUMCISION in the flesh.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Yep, mindless babbling. You adulterate God's word worse than anyone I have ever seen. :nono:

glorydaz

You called it mindless babbling BEFORE I said it was obeying.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
..... because I eat of him everyday.
More mindless babbling by God's UNtruth.

And no, believing is as drinking his blood.

Ah, playing ignorant. Sadly for you, oh foolish one, you are on record saying it's obedience hundreds of times. Go look those up and get back to me. :chuckle:

God's Truth

Yep, mindless babbling. You adulterate God's word worse than anyone I have ever seen. :nono:

In their sin nature they didn't do what God said to do and start with CIRCUMCISION in the flesh.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Read the scripture more carefully. It says PLAINLY that were dead in their sins in their Uncircumcised flesh.

The Jews took care of their sin nature by doing the purification/ceremonial works.

God's Truth

Ah, playing ignorant. Sadly for you, oh foolish one, you are on record saying it's obedience hundreds of times. Go look those up and get back to me. :chuckle:

Prove it that believing Jesus is as eating.

You called it mindless babbling to speak of eating Jesus and obeying him.

glorydaz

Prove it that believing Jesus is as eating.

You called it mindless babbling to speak of eating Jesus and obeying him.

Read the verse in context....don't skip to the end and make up your own story. I gave you the verses. Get out your Bible and read the entire chapter. I doubt you've ever done so.

God's Truth

If getting rid of the "sin nature" was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

:mock: God's UNtruth

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where did I say get RID of the sin nature? Stop making up things.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

God's Truth

Read the verse in context....don't skip to the end and make up your own story. I gave you the verses. Get out your Bible and read the entire chapter. I doubt you've ever done so.

It doesn't say what you claim.

We EAT and DRINK.

We don't just drink.

How do you DRINK the Manna from heaven? LOL