How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

Sonnet

Ephesians 1:4-5, 11
"Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will ... also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will."

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

A lot of people on here have a warped idea of what election is, not wanting to accept that is very much intrinsic with predestination and not universal.

The Bible has plenty to say of the world hating God, and those are the people who ARE NOT THE ELECT.

Do the math, hombres, Calvinism is the gospel.

So you share this with unbelievers? You tell them, essentially, that God elects and passes by WITHOUT ANY CONSIDERATION OF THE PERSON?

Do you?

Sonnet

Ephesians 1:4-5, 11
"Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will ... also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will."

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

A lot of people on here have a warped idea of what election is, not wanting to accept that is very much intrinsic with predestination and not universal.

The Bible has plenty to say of the world hating God, and those are the people who ARE NOT THE ELECT.

Do the math, hombres, Calvinism is the gospel.

It does not say God determined who would believe. It is, rather, saying that those in him would become holy and blameless.

Sonnet

You dont believe or understand what Peter wrote !

Here is God's election and predestination:

1 Peter 1:29-20
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake

Those in Him are 'chosen' because Jesus was chosen.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Peter said that he was elect by the foreknowledge of God not by a fiat declaration before the world began.

Calvinism is a false gospel that perverts the faith of Jesus Christ.

You all and your constant hinging on 'foreknowledge' to get over on 'predestination'- it is obvious that these words were both meant to give a like message, and the message is that predestination trumps your free will because man's free will is depraved and cursed. Those not elected cannot seek after God.

The only thing 'perverted' is you all's constant obsession with hating sound theology- all bent out of shape because you want to believe in a god who, with merely 'foreknowledge', created all this suffering nonetheless willingly rather than having a purpose to it all.

Sonnet

You all and your constant hinging on 'foreknowledge' to get over on 'predestination'- it is obvious that these words were both meant to give a like message, and the message is that predestination trumps your free will because man's free will is depraved and cursed. Those not elected cannot seek after God.

The only thing 'perverted' is you all's constant obsession with hating sound theology- all bent out of shape because you want to believe in a god who, with merely 'foreknowledge', created all this suffering nonetheless willingly rather than having a purpose to it all.

God created worthless creatures then?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God created worthless creatures then?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God creates calamity to punish sin just as He creates covenants to make peace. Everybody has their worth, and that worth can include being the darkness to the light.

Sonnet

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Nothing in that scripture that says God double predestines to salvation and reprobation.

God creates calamity to punish sin just as He creates covenants to make peace.

But you are unable to rebut the charge that God is behind the very sin you speak of.

Everybody has their worth, and that worth can include being the darkness to the light.

As long as it's someone else in the darkness? Seriously?

beloved57

God creates calamity to punish sin just as He creates covenants to make peace. Everybody has their worth, and that worth can include being the darkness to the light.

God created evil men to be punished for sin. They are the wicked Prov 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

The same are the vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

God purposely created them for wrath and eternal destruction for their sins.

Sonnet

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

You have misinterpreted Romans 9.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes, man is depraved.

Correct in terms of doing so always - but not correct in terms of ability.

“There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away,

TulipBee - what did they turn away from?

Agreed.

The message of wisdom for the mature believe would not be understood by the unbeliever - yes that is correct. Go back to verses 1-5 for the gospel of Christ crucified.

Yes.

Regarding Acts 13:48 - contrast that with the passage on Jews: v.46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

The Gentiles, in contrast, did not reject it and considered themselves worthy. 'Tetagmenoi' may be translated in this context.

It doesn't say that.

No, God chose that those in Him would be holy and blameless.

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

You could have emphasised: 'and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.'

Called to a 'holy life' - and?

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Indeed. What of it?

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Those foreknow are predestined to be conformed to his image. Not sure how this helps your theology.

Those in him are predestined - not who would be in him.

Same point.

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Those who received him became children of God, being born again. The 'born again' bit is all god's doing.

Why does this assist your theology?
You speak lots of semi pelagianism. False theology.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I for the most part agree with what you propose

But

Double predestination is a minor error in the Calvinist ranks in that it fails to acknowledge that it was technically man that is responsible for Original Sin.

It's splitting hairs, really, but there is a relatively substantial, theological impact nonetheless.

beloved57

I for the most part agree with what you propose

But

Double predestination is a minor error in the Calvinist ranks in that it fails to acknowledge that it was technically man that is responsible for Original Sin.

It's splitting hairs, really, but there is a relatively substantial, theological impact nonetheless.
Who is responsible for man?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Epoisses

If God is omniscient then he knows ever free will decision before they happen. Ever think of that, numbskull!

Epoisses

You are a living example of an unbelieving child of wrath. The purpose of God in having you post here is to show his real children the terrible dangers of false theology. You're an example of someone who has made ship-wreck of their faith.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If God is omniscient then he knows ever free will decision before they happen. Ever think of that, numbskull!

God could never change His mind because if He knew beforehand He would change it, He would make that choice to begin with.

Therefore, God is incapable of making mistakes, and therefore if all He saw was 'good', than even the wicked carry a divine purpose for an ultimate good.

It's predestination on a proverbial platter, I would suggest you come to terms with it :rolleyes:

Epoisses

God could never change His mind because if He knew beforehand His choice, He would have already made it.

Therefore, God is incapable of making mistakes, and therefore if all He saw was 'good', than even the wicked carry a divine purpose for an ultimate good.

It's predestination on a proverbial platter, I would suggest you come to terms with it :rolleyes:

I know you didn't get what I said because you're brainless.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I know you didn't get what I said because you're brainless.

You're free will is depraved in not being of the elect, who persevere by God's will.

I've put this entire matter, plain as day, on the table in a hundred different ways, and you all can't do anything but beat around the bush and repeat the same old things.

Epoisses

You're free will is depraved in not being of the elect, who persevere by God's will.

I've put this entire matter, plain as day, on the table in a hundred different ways, and you all can't do anything but beat around the bush and repeat the same old things.

Arminius taught that the will of man is depraved. Our will to choose right from wrong is entirely dependent on God's free grace. It's sad that Calninists know so little about historical Arminianism.