How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Arminius taught that the will of man is depraved. Our will to choose right from wrong is entirely dependent on God's free grace. It's sad that Calninists know so little about historical Arminianism.

Yeah, because them Methodists are so intelligent :freak:

Arminius said a lot of things, much of which was just mirrored opposition from Calvin's theology. Like you all :)

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeah, because them Methodists are so intelligent :freak:

Arminius said a lot of things, much of which was just mirrored opposition from Calvin's theology. Like you all :)

I think that we need to forget about who said what.

The only guide that we have is the Bible. There is no revelation outside of the Bible.

The Bible says that we have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If Jesus has reconciled us to God then what does it matter about what some one says.

beloved57

I think that we need to forget about who said what.

The only guide that we have is the Bible. There is no revelation outside of the Bible.

The Bible says that we have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If Jesus has reconciled us to God then what does it matter about what some one says.
You don't believe the scripture. You teach salvation by works and you deny that Christ death alone saved them He died for.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

You don't believe or have faith that Jesus has reconciled you to God. You seem to think that John Calvin has reconciled you to God.
You don't believe that Christ blood saved them He died for. You are in unbelief to this day.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
The God of Calvinism is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant.

It is NOT humanly possible to have faith in a God that condemns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. Which is NOT their fault.

beloved57

The God of Calvinism is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant.

It is NOT humanly possible to have faith in a God that condemns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. Which is NOT their fault.
You hate the God of scripture!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stupid statement!

I never mentioned Calvin, that's only a diversional tactic used by the sons of the devil.

I know you don't believe the scriptures!

~~~~~

You don't have to, He rolls off of you like water off a duck's wings.

Nanja

You don't have to, He rolls off of you like water off a duck's wings.

After reading your nonsensical and unbiblical comments over the last three years, it's obvious that your understanding of the scriptures is NIL.
You're blinded to the Truth according to God's Will 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

beloved57

After reading your nonsensical and unbiblical comments over the last three years, it's obvious that your understanding of the scriptures is NIL.
You're blinded to the Truth according to God's Will 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

Amen, he believes in a salvation by works also, by the arm of man.

Sonnet

Exactly, and an abomination to God.

~~~~~

No - faith is not work. If we are unable to exercise faith then we become a worthless creation.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

You appear to be the harbinger of very bad news as opposed to good news. You are telling the world the Christ refused some men the opportunity of salvation.

Nanja

No - faith is not work.

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints Titus 1:1.

But faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2041&t=KJV

So, first a person is Born of the Spirit Gal. 5:22, then the good work of faith / believing pleases God which they do with their new mind / heart Ezek. 36:26.

Titus 3:5
Not by works (ergon) of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

~~~~~

beloved57

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints Titus 1:1.

But faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2041&t=KJV

So, first a person is Born of the Spirit Gal. 5:22, then the good work of faith / believing pleases God which they do with their new mind / heart Ezek. 36:26.

Titus 3:5
Not by works (ergon) of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

~~~~~
You are right, Faith is a work, either effected by the Spirit or by the flesh. It is either the fruit of the Spirit or of the flesh.