How Religion Perverts the Gospel and the Lordship of Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Answer the question:

What scripture declares that man's will overrides God's Will Dan. 4:35?

~~~~~
Never said that. You need to read Genesis Chapter 3 and then tell me that God purposefully had Adam sin. Is that what you believe. I will say it again. You need to study the Word to show yourself approved, rightly dividing the Word of truth. Read the following in Capitalized bold letters. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD GAVE MAN FREE WILL? If you don't you have a complete misunderstanding of the Word of God.

Nanja

Never said that. You need to read Genesis Chapter 3 and then tell me that God purposefully had Adam sin. Is that what you believe. I will say it again. You need to study the Word to show yourself approved, rightly dividing the Word of truth. Read the following in Capitalized bold letters. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD GAVE MAN FREE WILL? If you don't you have a complete misunderstanding of the Word of God.

Nanja
So then, if there's nothing that God doesn't know about His Creation,
man's will was never free to begin with, but totally under the jurisdiction of God.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing:
and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven,
and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nanja

~~~~~

If God knew beforehand that Adam would sin, He approved. If this is so, how do you in your twisted theology deal with the fact that God cannot sin?

beloved57

Nanja

~~~~~

Excellent scripture but the enemies of God and Truth ignore it and promote a myth!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Reload this Page How Religion Perverts the Gospel and the Lordship of Jesus Christ

God may know how we as individuals may choose to exercise our freewill but that doesn't detract from the fact that we still have the ability to exercise it.

The "perversion" comes when the preservation of the Church as an institution takes precedence over its role in the world, as exemplified by Christ. In many ways Christianity has become a victim of its own success and has been co-opted by the temptations of wealth
, power and the illusion of success in a material world.

"Perversion" can also come when we assume that we have the monopoly on interpreting the Word of God and start passing judgement on others. We can voice our opinions about where we may differ, but the Bible is quite explicit about the perils of self-righteousness and judging the faith of others.

Nanja

Excellent scripture but the enemies of God and Truth ignore it and promote a myth!

Exactly! Those who believe that their Salvation rests in a freewill decision they make,
do not believe in and serve the Sovereign God of the scriptures who rules over all;
but a god of their own darkened understanding Eph. 4:18 who rules according to
the imaginary freewill of the created thing.

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly! Those who believe that their Salvation rests in a freewill decision they make,
do not believe in and serve the Sovereign God of the scriptures who rules over all;
but a god of their own darkened understanding Eph. 4:18 who rules according to
the imaginary freewill of the created thing.

~~~~~

Amen!

genuineoriginal

There is nothing that God doesn't know about His Creation.

Do you believe that to be a true statement?

~~~~~

Do you want an answer from Greek philosophy, or from the Bible?

Genesis 18:20-21
20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.​

genuineoriginal

By the Grace of God, I surely do believe that Jesus Christ is LORD!

If You truly believe that, then you should have no contention with the Word of God which states:

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,

Man's will determines nothing.

GOD WILLS ALL THINGS!

~~~~~

You seem to have found a verse that you don't understand.

The verse does not say "God wills all things", like you seem to think it says.

The verse says "God does according to His will".

In modern English, we would say that God does whatever He wants and no one can stop Him.

This is referring to both His Power as the Almighty and to His free will ability to choose what He wants to do instead of God having to follow some predetermined fate.

Since you and Nanja are promoting a myth that neither God nor man has free will, you have just declared that you both are enemies of God and Truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
By the Grace of God, I surely do believe that Jesus Christ is LORD!

If You truly believe that, then you should have no contention with the Word of God which states:

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,

Man's will determines nothing.

GOD WILLS ALL THINGS!

~~~~~

The devil also believes that Jesus Christ is Lord.

beloved57

genuine

Since you and Nanja are promoting a myth that neither God nor man has free will, you have just declared that you both are enemies of God and Truth.

Slanderer, please show us a post or a quote where either of us stated that God doesnt have Freewill !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tulip Truths are the Gospel!

Nope, you are one confused dude. Read the true Gospel here;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Nanja

How many times do you have to be told? TULIP is not the Gospel, it's an acronym.

The acronym T.U.L.IP. is the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ:

T - Total Depravity (Radical Corruption; Jer. 17:9)
U - Unconditional Election (Sovereign Election; Rom. 9:11)
L - Limited Atonement (Particular Redemption; Mat. 1:21)
I - Irresistible Grace (Effectual Election; Ezek. 36:26-27)
P - Perseverance of the Saints (The Preservation of the Saints; Rom. 8:30; 1Pet. 5:10: Jude 1:24-25)

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

The acronym T.U.L.IP. is the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ:

T - Total Depravity (Radical Corruption; Jer. 17:9)
U - Unconditional Election (Sovereign Election; Rom. 9:11)
L - Limited Atonement (Particular Redemption; Mat. 1:21)
I - Irresistible Grace (Effectual Election; Ezek. 36:26-27)
P - Perseverance of the Saints (The Preservation of the Saints; Rom. 8:30; 1Pet. 5:10: Jude 1:24-25)

~~~~~

None of that is the Gospel.

About free will. Did you not by your own free will chose to embrace Calvinism?