How Religion Perverts the Gospel and the Lordship of Jesus Christ

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not many are going to be saved, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Maybe you should try to find out why Jesus said that.

Pate the merciful

The Revelator says that it will be impossible for any man to count the redeemed.

Jesus said MANY will come from the east and from the west, He said God's house [which is not small] will be FILLED.

So when you read Matt.17:4 you have to balance it with these other scriptures which would seem to say different.

John Wesley was one who "found it" and he went straight down to the broad path and dragged in a multitude....fifty years Wesley preached seeking and saving.

Of course he being Anglican is probably on your excluded list.

It was Peter who asked "Lord will few be saved?"

Jesus said the same to him as He did when they walked along the beach and Peter turned and asked "what about this man?"

Jesus said "mind your own business"....that is what Jesus is saying

"YOU seek to enter by the narrow gate, never mind about who else is to be saved THAT is MY business"

If Christians get their own walk with God sorted out they can win souls.....the truth is a narrow path but it is the path of soulwinning victory.

Nanja

Today is a day of salvation but the millennial Sabbath is not a day of salvation.

No one can keep God's law without the Holy Spirit so God gives them his Holy Spirit.

God will yet make a new covenant with Israel and Judah.

No new covenant with ethnic israel.

When the scriptures speak of Israel and Judah they refer to Christ's Church.

~~~~~

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anything after the resurrection of Christ is considered to be the last days. We are living in the last days.

I didn't say last days, I said Last Day.

He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:48 NKJV)

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink." (John 7:37 NKJV)​

The Last Day of salvation is the Eighth Day.

Also on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the LORD for seven days. On the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest. (Leviticus 23:39 NKJV)​

The first day of the seven days of Sukkot is a Sabbath and the Eighth Day is a Sabbath.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No new covenant with ethnic israel.

When the scriptures speak of Israel and Judah they refer to Christ's Church.

Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:31-32 NKJV)​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is that?

What does scripture say.

Romans 10:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Show me where scripture says that you can be saved after death.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you think God is wrong?

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

Peter said, "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10 NKJV)

Paul said, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1 (NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Show me where scripture says that you can be saved after death.

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works by the things which were written in the books. (Revelation 20:12 NKJV)​

Nanja

Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:31-32 NKJV)​

The House of Israel and the House of Judah are those Christ died for
jew and Gentile from all the nations of the earth:

Jer. 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother,
saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto
the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity,
and I will remember their sin no more

The only ones who have forgiveness of sins are those who were Chosen in Union with Christ,
their Covenant Head and Surety from everlasting to have forgiveness of sins
Eph. 1:4-7:
The Elect Church Eph. 5:25, the Bride of Christ!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works by the things which were written in the books. (Revelation 20:12 NKJV)​

They will not be saved! That is the Great White throne Judgement. No rewards here. Christians have already been judged at the Bema Judgement Seat of Christ. Understand? The following link may be helpful. www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_144.cfm

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
They will not be saved! That is the Great White throne Judgement. No rewards here. Christians have already been judged at the Bema Judgement Seat of Christ. Understand?

No one can be judged until after they die.

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment. (Hebrews 9:27 NKJV)

The Books (Bible) will be opened to their understanding and the Book of Life is open to them. (Revelation 20:12 NKJV)

He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:48 NKJV)​

Obviously they can't be judged by Jesus' words until they know what he said personally and through his apostles.

genuineoriginal

Peter said, "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10 NKJV)

Paul said, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1 (NKJV)​

I assume you believe that means yes.

So, if you think God was wrong about man's ability to keep His Law, what else do you think God was wrong about?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I assume you believe that means yes.

So, if you think God was wrong about man's ability to keep His Law, what else do you think God was wrong about?

The problem with the law was not with God, it was with the people.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV)

Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. (Galatians 3:21-22 NKJV)​

genuineoriginal

The problem with the law was not with God, it was with the people.
Yes, we have already established that you believe God was wrong when He said people were able to keep His law.

Is God permitted to be wrong?
If God found out He was wrong, would God be permitted to change His mind and try something else?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, we have already established that you believe God was wrong when He said people were able to keep His law.

Anyone could keep the law, all they needed was his Spirit which was available to them. Paul claimed there was none righteous in the context of the law so your argument is with him not me.

genuineoriginal

Anyone could keep the law, all they needed was his Spirit which was available to them.
We agree on this point.

Paul claimed there was none righteous in the context of the law so your argument is with him not me.
Paul quoted a phrase from Psalm 14.
Psalm 14 also includes this phrase, "God is in the generation of the righteous".
If there were none that do righteous, then God could not be in the generation of the righteous.

The problem is not with Paul, it is with the people that misunderstand what Paul was saying.

Robert Pate

Banned
We agree on this point.

Paul quoted a phrase from Psalm 14.
Psalm 14 also includes this phrase, "God is in the generation of the righteous".
If there were none that do righteous, then God could not be in the generation of the righteous.

The problem is not with Paul, it is with the people that misunderstand what Paul was saying.

Paul makes it very clear that there is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.