How do we know which scriptures are inspired by God?

Ben Masada

Let's hear the word of God on this matter, 'All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,' 2Timothy 3:16.

You say, "Let's hear the Word of God" and quote the NT in 2 Tim. 3:16. The NT is not the Word of God but of Paul's and his Hellenistic followers. BTW, every time Jesus referred to the Scriptures as the Word of God, he had the Tanach in mind. The NT he never even dreamed it would ever rise.

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
1217_my-brain-5-percent-names-3-percent-phone-numbers-2-percent-stuff-i-should-know-for-school-90-percent-song-lyrics_500-303.jpg

JOB 18:14 His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
JOB 18:15 It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because [it is] none of his: brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
JOB 18:16 His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off.
JOB 18:17 His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street.
JOB 18:18 He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.

(90% of the Human Brain is designed to respond to the information contained in the written word (or Spiritual Intelligence), the other 10% is the natural limit of practical intelligence (or IQ). 10% is the limit of intellectual curiosity and higher learning........................Jesus was called the "King of the Jews" or "King of Terrors", non-whites in particular, have tendencies of hurting themselves and developing fatal depression (versus their natural inclination of critical depression) as a result of the information contained in the written word/bible. It is an element of the hyperdimensional (higher than 5 dimension) processes, the gospel's program is designed to afford ................ euthanasia, by necessity and as a consequence of the Sign of Divorce both through freewill and involuntary. When Genetic Dan promotes suicide with the Antichrist or as it is now with all the nations, it is also involuntary, as much as it is apart of freewill. You will establish an assisted suicide program soon, to help tolerate these peoples until you are given the order to euthanize the problem globally)

(the scientific community as well as the law enforcement community and the political community have been playing a game of turncoating facts and figures ............ sin is the only sense of authority satan has in the gospel's program, satan does not have spiritual authority, so satan is stuck with only 10%, by its reckoning. Notice the methods of attack, with the Antichrist, inces*/rap*/murde*, chemical and electrical treatments, designed to make me more like the non-whites, and to authenticate Suicide by Antichrist, however, we will settle the score of Suicide by Antichrist soon................not many questions need to be asked, just one question: Race Relations Globally)

(Jesus was a High Priest before the Gospel's Program, that points to the Book of Job, then Jesus became lower than the Angels and gave his body to corruption that is the creation of the "Twenty Tribes" of the Lord's Body in the book of Genesis 5 and 11) (Nightly Walk tonight to help keep these people tamed, 9/11/2016, we'll need to see what becomes necessary).

Ben Masada

How do we know which scriptures are inspired by God!

Easy! Check them out. If they speak according to the Law and the Prophets, they surely are inspired by God. (Isaiah 8:20) If not, it is all from the mind of Paul.

beameup

How do we know which scriptures are inspired by God!

Easy! Check them out. If they speak according to the Law and the Prophets, they surely are inspired by God. (Isaiah 8:20) If not, it is all from the mind of Paul.

Ben, the Tanakh is loaded with information concerning Yeshua Messiah.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me,
that ye might have life.
- John 5:39-40

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Krsto

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

How do we know which New Testament scriptures are inspired of God? Paul is only referring to the Old Testament in this verse.

6days

How do we know which New Testament scriptures are inspired of God? Paul is only referring to the Old Testament in this verse.
No, I think Paul knew he was being lead by the spirit writing divinely inspired scripture. He said, "If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment." 1 Cor. 14:37. Also, In 2 Pet. 3:16 Peter referring to Paul's writing compared it to other scripture. He said "speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do. also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

Krsto

No, I think Paul knew he was being lead by the spirit writing divinely inspired scripture. He said, "If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment." 1 Cor. 14:37. Also, In 2 Pet. 3:16 Peter referring to Paul's writing compared it to other scripture. He said "speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do. also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

The most you can say with any certainty from what you quoted is that Paul thought his position on that one issue was from God. I've said the same thing about some of my positions but that doesn't mean I think everything I write is from God. As for Peter, he calls Paul's writings, uhm, WRITINGS. Which writings by whom are considered important enough to be distorted by unstable and untaught we simply don't know.

Krsto

What is it about ALL that you do not understand

I don't understand why you think he's talking about anything other than what was already considered to be canonical, which was the OT. The NT canon was not established for another 400 years, and even then Christians were free to consider any of the 400 or so "scriptures" to be authoritative or not. For example, for most of that time the epistles of Clement and Ignacious were considered on par with Paul's epistles. They of course gradually lost authority in the eyes of the people after the councils left them off their list of approved writings for their liturgy.

Krsto

Bs"d

So you are like a blind man, groping around in the darkness.

Your religion is nothing more than an accident of birth.

Maybe about time to start using your brain?

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Those who live in peace with others are led of God and are not groping in the darkness. They are living in the light. Those who have your Old Testament scriptures to guide them are not groping in the dark but living in the light, if they follow the Word. Those who read the Quran and are convicted to treat all men with dignity are not groping around in the dark but are living in the light. It really isn't that hard and it really doesn't depend on knowing which books have God's stamp of approval. It's a faith walk my friend.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The same spirit which laces the scriptures also laced them into canon- Jesus states directly that the Spirit will come to aid us, and a proper canon is part of that.

Elia

Bs"d

After all is said and done, it comes down to this: Christians have nothing but blind faith in the words of a carpenter of 2000 years ago to build their religion on.

This is on the same level as believing that an illiterate child rapist was a prophet of God.