How are we saved?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Well that remains to be seen.
Whether or not you are saved "remains to be seen"?
But you sure seem to be confident of yourself.
I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. Why wouldn't a believer be confident in their salvation accomplished by the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place? Why would I bne ashamed of the testimony of our Lord and of His prisoner Paul? I'm not called to be ashamed of either and I'm sooooo not!

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few chosen.
Those parables pertain to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 22:1-2 KJV), not our inheritance (Ephesians 2:6 KJV). In the dispensation of the grace of God, God will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Timothy 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Are you saved?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And where did your post even come from? Abraham was not the topic nor the law of Moses.

Someone said this: "The power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV no longer qualified to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV/ the gospel God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to (Romans 2:16 KJV)."

A statement of the obvious. No one claims that a person must become a Jew to be saved by grace.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Someone said this: "The power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV no longer qualified to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV/ the gospel God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to (Romans 2:16 KJV)."

A statement of the obvious. No one claims that a person must become a Jew to be saved by grace.

Nor did I. Step off.

marhig

Salvation by grace through faith (Christ's faith) is the gift of God.

We are justified by the faith OF Christ Galatians 2:16 KJV. Is that what you are trying to say?Your statement here does not resemble someone who believes that they are already saved and already justified. Why not?

We're saved through faith in God and Christ by the grace of God.

What do you mean when you say justified through the faith of Christ?

By our preaching!

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

By the testimony of our Lord and of His prisoner Paul!

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

We can't see the life of Christ through preaching, we hear the word through preaching but we are to also live it out. There are many preachers who are false and who don't live by the will of God, thus they are workers of iniquity, like the pharasees.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Luke 21

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed.are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

The Lord while on earth preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years before He died. That is not the gospel by which we are saved today.

Yes it is!

Also, how were the Samaritans who came to Jesus through the woman at the well saved? They were gentiles, not Jews and they heard the gospel through Jesus?

They all preached resurrection, not "that Christ died for our sins" as the gospel by which we are saved. Just look at what Peter, when he had all the house of Israel present in Acts 2 preached. It is void of the good news "how that Christ died for our sins". It's just not there. And there's a reason why it wasn't there. It was a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).
They all preached the gospel of God, not the gospel of Christ. Nope. The gospel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John has not been preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations or the end would have come (Matthew 24:14 KJV). That's more proof that the gospel Paul preached is not the same, as his gospel was preached to every creature which is under heaven (Colossians 1:23 KJV).

So what about being saved by the grace of God through faith? I thought this is how we are saved?

And what about the gentiles that heard the gospel through Peter and the other apostles how were they saved?

How can the eunuch have been saved if he heard the word through Philip and not Paul?

Truth-

Is it written in the NT?

I'm sure it was, the Messiah quoted scriptures that had his Father's name. Mat 4:10 Then saith Yehowshuwa unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship YEHOWAH thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
John 17:25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me
John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare

heir

TOL Subscriber
We're saved through faith in God and Christ by the grace of God.
Our salvation is by grace through the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV).

What do you mean when you say justified through the faith of Christ?
Justification is not by our faith, but by the faith OF the Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians 2:16 KJV)

heir

TOL Subscriber
We can't see the life of Christ through preaching,
1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV
we hear the word through preaching but we are to also live it out.
Romans 10:17 KJV
There are many preachers who are false and who don't live by the will of God, thus they are workers of iniquity, like the pharasees.
Deceitful workers today are those who would add requirements to salvation when eternal life is the gift of God.
Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
The Lord will never say that to one person today who has trusted the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation( 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV).
2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
All scripture is for us, but it's not all to us or about us. We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes it is!
No, it's not. The gospel that saves today was a mystery then.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath

marhig

Our salvation is by grace through the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV).

Justification is not by our faith, but by the faith OF the Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians 2:16 KJV)

I'm sorry, but that's not what the scriptures you have quoted say!

marhig

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJVRomans 10:17 KJV
Deceitful workers today are those who would add requirements to salvation when eternal life is the gift of God.
The Lord will never say that to one person today who has trusted the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation( 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV).
All scripture is for us, but it's not all to us or about us. We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.
Deceitful workers are those who don't live by the will of God and are all mouth and no action!

marhig

No, it's not. The gospel that saves today was a mystery then.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath

And it was made manifest through Jesus Christ and then through his apostles. There is only one gospel, not two!

Do you know when the revelation of the mystery is? It certainly isn't a second gospel! It's this.

Colossians 1:1

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

God's Truth

Salvation is a sovereign act of the Almighty. In which the sinner contributes nothing until equipped to do so. By that time regeneration has taken place, trust and repentance have been granted and received and the sinner, being alive in Messiah, basks in the blessed gifts he has received.

God doesn't save unbelievers.

Show the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

We are told many times to believe.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
S-u-r-r-e-n-d-e-r ALL, oh Child of Christ!!!!

S-u-r-r-e-n-d-e-r ALL, oh Child of Christ!!!!

It's God's works. Just like Jesus did God's works, we do Jesus' works.

John 4:34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Hello GT,

You believe God is ONE. You also believe God was in Heaven, while on earth as His Son and you understand the meaning of this verse; John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

I would like to point out a thought. We know Jesus is God. We also have affirmation that He created everything; Col. 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Now, when you speak of "Doing the will of Him Who sent Me" from John 4:34, are you aware you are referring to the very work of Creation. God sent His Son to complete creation as we know it. Nowhere in the Genesis Creation account does God declare His work finished. That's because He rested from His "Work", at a chosen stopping place. Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

GT, Jesus finished His work of Creation here... John 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

To destroy is called perdition. There is the Son of God and there is the son of Perdition. Judas was the literal "Son of Perdition" in the Gospels. When God is physically present in flesh He democraticly allows His opposition to do the same. We see this here; Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

Jesus came in Flesh for these purposes... (Heb. 2:14, 1 Co. 15:54f, 56 and 1 Tim. 3:16)

Per 1 Co. 15:56, we know that the Law was the empowering force of Satan. Jesus freed us from its curse. (Gal. 3:13)

The Law is based on "OBEY" (Dt. 6:25, 31:26) Romans 3:20 ... and Gal. 2:16f

You are exalting perdition of God's Creation by glorifying Obedience. (Gal. 2:18)

If you keep adding Obedience past perpetually admitting you are a sinner and are perpetually in need of Justification by God's work of Creation, Death, Burial and Resurrection... ALONE... you will be under this... Hebrews 10:26-29

26 If anyone sins deliberately by rejecting the Savior after knowing the truth of forgiveness, this sin is not covered by Christ’s death; there is no way to get rid of it. 27 There will be nothing to look forward to but the terrible punishment of God’s awful anger, which will consume all his enemies. 28 A man who refused to obey the laws given by Moses was killed without mercy if there were two or three witnesses to his sin. 29 Think how much more terrible the punishment will be for those who have trampled underfoot the Son of God and treated his cleansing blood as though it were common and unhallowed, and insulted and outraged the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to his people.

You are the imperfect CREATION, not the PERFECT CREATOR. You can create nothing from nothing. God Created Everything from His provision and is everything. Especially HIS free gift of salvation! He made a way for us where there was no way.

By denying that salvation is a free gift that only depends on Jesus' Obedience (Php. 2:8), you are being adversarial to Jesus! You are becoming a daughter of perdition that is destroying His ultimate work and self sacrifice.

Do you see this?

When we boast of one another, we aren't boasting of one another's OBEDIENCE, but our weakness and Jesus' limitless Love for imperfect us! We boast of our failure and glorify His perfection! (2 Co. 12:9) And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

He is our OBEY and OBEDIENCE! You are a CHRISTIAN, not a student of Charles Taze Russel and his demonic "Scripture Studies".

Wake up child of God! WAKE UP! Say it!!! We are weak and HE alone is Strong!

Pick up that Divine BROAD SWORD of yours and CUT the Sepents head off! Tell Him that it doesn't depend on you, it DEPENDS ON JESUS AND SO DO YOU!!!

Tell Satan that... (Romans 8:38f) "You GT" are ... "persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate ... "you" ... from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Say it GT! Tell that old Obedience Freak, the Devil to "Get thee behind you"!

Let GO! Boast in Jesus Work ALONE!

Do it!

giphy.gif

SURRENDER ALL TO JESUS!!!

Last edited: