Honor God's Son or Perish

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The whole Bible is about Christ and his Gospel.
Do you understand what you are saying and if it is correct, or how it is if it is?

Do you teach about Christ and his Gospel from the (whole) Bible?

Do you know what the Bible teaches?

Do you know what Jesus taught?

Are you able to explain what you know from scripture? Do you rightly understand it?

Do you worship the God of the Bible? Do you obey God and His Son?

Have you grown in your understanding of God, His Son, the Bible, His word?

Do you proclaim the gospel in truth?

We can learn about God and Jesus Christ His Son from the Bible.

What does it mean to obey the gospel?

Are you saved?

Are you justified by faith in God and Jesus Christ?

Are you born again? To be born again is to be born of the Spirit of God.

Does being born again mean you are saved?

Romans 8:24 NASB - For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

Ephesians 2:5 NASB - even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Ephesians 2:8 NASB - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Are you already saved? If a person has faith are they saved? If they have faith does the Spirit of God dwell in them? Is a person only saved if the Spirit of God dwells in them? Is it possible to have faith and not have the Holy Spirit and yet be saved?

How is a person saved? Is it possible or true that only God can save a person? What does it mean for a person to be saved before they die? Is it your understanding that the Bible teaches that a person can (and must) be saved before they die? If it is true that a person must be saved before they die (for what? for what reason or purpose?), what does this mean? What are the consequences of not being saved? What are the consequences of having sinned? Can a person only be saved when their life ends? God is the Judge, and God has appointed His Son Jesus to be the Judge. Yet, salvation is not by works. Yet, is a person saved before they die, or when they die? Is it possible to be saved when you die or must you be saved before you die?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you understand what you are saying and if it is correct, or how it is if it is?

Robert Pate cannot possibly answer your questions authoritatively, for his views are based upon the sandy foundation that Scripture contains error:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

Further, Robert's pretense of being willing to "engage" and thus be examined extends itself only to waving off any such proffered examination. Robert essentially is blogging at TOL. Period. Anything offered up in challenge to his blogged posts is akin to just adding reader's comments to an internet blog post, with no obligation upon the author to actually defend his posts. Robert just wants his hobby horse opinions to be seen, not examined, nor defended when so examined.

Nevertheless, this will not deter Robert's penchant for public proclamations, for he is his own Pope, speaking ex cathedra, as he dons his purple vestments, with mitre atop his head declaring his truth from his throne in the basement of his humble home. :AMR:

AMR

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Robert Pate cannot possibly answer your questions authoritatively, for his views are based upon the sandy foundation that Scripture contains error:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

Further, Robert's pretense of being willing to "engage" and thus be examined extends itself only to waving off any such proferred examination. Robert essentially is blogging at TOL. Period. Anything offered up in challenge to his blogged posts is akin to adding comments to an internet blog post, with no obligation upon the author to actually defend his posts. Robert just wants his hobby horse opinions to be seen, not examined, nor defended when so examined.

Nevertheless, this will not deter Robert's penchant for public proclamations, for he is his own Pope, speaking ex cathedra, as he dons his purple vestments, with mitre atop his head declaring his truth from his throne in the basement of his humble home. :AMR:

AMR
No.

Robert Pate

Banned
Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Most of you think that this is religion. You have found religion and you think that religion is the way, the truth and the life and that no one can come to the Father but by the way of religion.

You love your religion more than you love Christ. Some like AMR even names himself "Mr Religion".

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself who is a sinner.

Religious people like AMR and other Calvinist say and do nothing to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The reason for this is because it is all about them, who are sinners.

The Gospel is NOT about us. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and how he has justified ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and how by his doing and dying he has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

But that means little to nothing for you religious folk. You are more interested in what you do and not in what God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Most of you think that this is religion. You have found religion and you think that religion is the way, the truth and the life and that no one can come to the Father but by the way of religion.

You love your religion more than you love Christ. Some like AMR even names himself "Mr Religion".

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself who is a sinner.

Religious people like AMR and other Calvinist say and do nothing to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The reason for this is because it is all about them, who are sinners.

The Gospel is NOT about us. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and how he has justified ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and how by his doing and dying he has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

But that means little to nothing for you religious folk. You are more interested in what you do and not in what God has done for you in Jesus Christ.
No.

You are not talking about me here.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Further, Robert's pretense of being willing to "engage" and thus be examined extends itself only to waving off any such proffered examination. Robert essentially is blogging at TOL. Period. Anything offered up in challenge to his blogged posts is akin to just adding reader's comments to an internet blog post, with no obligation upon the author to actually defend his posts. Robert just wants his hobby horse opinions to be seen, not examined, nor defended when so examined.

AMR

As I noted above, which Robert Pate now confirms, with yet another irrelevant blog entry, overlooking the charges laid at his feet, just moving onward to more blogging of his opinions.

Robert sits in a darkened corner of his home not seeing his readers comprised of persons with whom to actually dialog. Rather they are but the audience for his ongoing redundant spiels. No matter how much the audience lobs tomatoes and banana peels in his direction, Robert just presses onward with droll recitation of his prepared script. You see, TOL is Robert's stage and we are expected only to show up and listen, never to be heard and acknowledged.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can stop here. I don't know what to say to you to help. I don't know what you want to know of me. Shalom.
Jacob,

You can resolve the matter by explaining a wee bit more behind your single word response to my post, "No," such that the reader may understand exactly what your "No" meant. Being taciturn is no excuse for acting obtuse.

AMR

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

You can resolve the matter by explaining a wee bit more behind your single word response to my post, "No," such that the reader may understand exactly what your "No" meant. Being taciturn is no excuse for acting obtuse.

AMR
I don't understand your words here.

I simply did not agree with you or your post.

I encourage you to read the Bible, that you would learn and understand of God.

Do you read the Bible?

You have a lot of thoughts and ideas. Can you go with scripture rather than your Theology?

Can you read Torah?

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand your words here.

I simply did not agree with you or your post.

I encourage you to read the Bible, that you would learn and understand of God.

Do you read the Bible?

You have a lot of thoughts and ideas. Can you go with scripture rather than your Theology?

Can you read Torah?

The Torah is obsolete - old news

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Torah is obsolete - old news
I don't know why you say this.

God gave us, His people Israel, the Torah.

Do you know what the Torah is?

The word means instruction.

The Torah is the first five books, also called the Written Torah.

The word torah is found in the Torah, the scriptures, the Bible. It is a Hebrew word.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't know why you say this.

God gave us, His people Israel, the Torah.

Do you know what the Torah is?

The word means instruction.

The Torah is the first five books, also called the Written Torah.

The word torah is found in the Torah, the scriptures, the Bible. It is a Hebrew word.

If you are led by the Spirit of Christ you don't need the Torah.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Torah is God's word.

Do you want to explain your statement?

Are you thinking of a Bible verse or scripture?

The Torah is no longer God's word, which is the law. It has been replaced with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the new Torah and the new Covenant. The old Covenant and the law have been abolished.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances; for as to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

Your old Jewish religion is obsolete and is passing away, Hebrews 8:13.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Torah is no longer God's word, which is the law. It has been replaced with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the new Torah and the new Covenant. The old Covenant and the law have been abolished.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances; for as to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

Your old Jewish religion is obsolete and is passing away, Hebrews 8:13.
See 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB.