Honor God's Son or Perish

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What in my post did you disagree with specifically?

AMR
What you said, and that is all.

You are wrong to speak against Robert to him or to me in responding to me in this post you have made. You either don't understand what you have done, or you understand and you are justifying yourself and continuing in it. If you have something to say to Robert you ought to communicate that to him and not to me. Don't want to make me carry the burden of what you are saying and don't force me to accept your opinion of someone else. If you want to warn someone warn them. But you ought to speak the truth of scripture. You are doing something akin to gossip, but here you are using a post to pit people against each other. Robert Pate can respond to my post and questions of him if he wants to. Do you want to answer the questions I have asked him or can we leave it at that I have asked him some questions? I don't know if he will answer or not. That is up to him. It is not up to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
After Jesus fulfilled the law (Torah) he abolished it.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances (The Law) which was contrary to us (No one could do it or keep it) and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:15.

He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Are you contradicting that or saying something different or both? Are you responding to that part of what Jesus said in what I quoted? Do you believe I have a misunderstanding of the scripture I am here quoting?

Are you attacking Jesus and the Jewish Scriptures? Do you accept the New Testament as Jewish? Do you believe Jesus observed and taught the Law?

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What you said, and that is all.

You are wrong to speak against Robert..

You injected yourself into my discussion. You now complain how I am wrong to question you when you entered the discussion. If you do not want to be questioned, please refrain from driving by a discussion without grasping the full history, then weighing in, especially cryptically so.

As to the propriety of my post, it is well within proper behavior. Robert holds himself forth as the arbiter of truth, publicly declaring those that disagree with his "truth" as lost, hell-bound, and sin bent. That just will not do and I mean to challenge him and his many errors whenever I am so moved to do so.

AMR

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You injected yourself into my discussion. You now complain how I am wrong to question you when you entered the discussion. If you do not want to be questioned, please refrain from driving by a discussion without grasping the full history, then weighing in, especially cryptically so.

As to the propriety of my post, it is well within proper behavior. Robert holds himself forth as the arbiter of truth, publicly declaring those that disagree with his "truth" as lost, hell-bound, and sin bent. That just will not do and I mean to challenge him and his many errors whenever I am so moved to do so.

AMR
No.

Look back if you need to. You were responding to my post instead of letting Robert Pate respond.

No means no.

Robert Pate

Banned
He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Are you contradicting that or saying something different or both? Are you responding to that part of what Jesus said in what I quoted? Do you believe I have a misunderstanding of the scripture I am here quoting?

Are you attacking Jesus and the Jewish Scriptures? Do you accept the New Testament as Jewish? Do you believe Jesus observed and taught the Law?

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

It was not Jesus's mission to abolish the law. His mission was to provide salvation for fallen humanity.

The law must be abolished or no one can be saved. To be under the law is to be under judgment and condemnation. Where there is no law there is no judgment. Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law and then abolished it. We are longer subject to the law. This is why Paul wrote... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 We now live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not by rules, laws or religion. Those things are of the flesh and are not of the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was not Jesus's mission to abolish the law. His mission was to provide salvation for fallen humanity.

The law must be abolished or no one can be saved. To be under the law is to be under judgment and condemnation. Where there is no law there is no judgment. Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law and then abolished it. We are longer subject to the law. This is why Paul wrote... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 We now live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not by rules, laws or religion. Those things are of the flesh and are not of the Spirit.
No. You are incorrect. I don't know where your ideas come from. I do know you are misinterpreting scripture.

Salvation is by grace through faith. Start there.

SimpleMan77

Hypothetically a career assassin hears that living your life without Jesus means you're lost, and that Jesus died for him. He fully believes, embracing God's forgiveness (the righteousness of Jesus is now applied to his life).

He comes to you and says "I've believed, now what?"

What do you say?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hypothetically a career assassin hears that living your life without Jesus means you're lost, and that Jesus died for him. He fully believes, embracing God's forgiveness (the righteousness of Jesus is now applied to his life).

What do you say?

Did you repent? Do you acknowledge Jesus as Lord? Do you live life the way God wants you to? Did you know that the wages or penalty of sin is death, but that the free gift of God in Christ Jesus is eternal life?

The penalty for murder is what according to the Law? What is a capital offense, a capital crime? What is capital punishment? What is civil law?

Do you have God's Spirit dwelling in you? Do you still sin? Are you saved? Have you been baptised?

Do you attend a church?

Do you understand about the city of refuge?

1 John 3:15 NASB - 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Does the penalty of the Law apply to those who are saved and forgiven in Christ? What does scripture say about this?

Does the church try or convict criminals? Or, is that the role of the state?

If you see someone committing a crime, do you correct the person or report what they have done?

If a person commits a sin, can you pray for that person? What is a, or the, sin leading to death?

1 John 5:16-17 NASB - 16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.

James 5:16 NASB - 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

1 Peter 2:24 NASB - 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Do you know about the command of God, one of the Ten Commandments, that says you shall not murder/kill?

Exodus 20:13 NASB - 13 "You shall not murder.

Deuteronomy 5:17 NASB - 17 'You shall not murder.

Romans 13:9 NASB - 9 For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Matthew 5:21-24 NASB - 21 "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.' 22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. 23 "Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

Matthew 19:18 NASB - 18 Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

beloved57

You reject the Gospel, and you dont believe Christ death alone saved them He died for. I know this because you teach sinners Christ died for will perish in their sins anyways !

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Luke 12:10 NASB - 10 "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

Robert Pate

Banned
Luke 12:10 NASB - 10 "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable.

To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. No one will be saved that rejects the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus is our justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
No. You are incorrect. I don't know where your ideas come from. I do know you are misinterpreting scripture.

Salvation is by grace through faith. Start there.

I am just telling you what Paul said about the law. Do you believe Paul?

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under a CURSE; for it is written, Cursed is everyone that does not continue to do everything that is written in the book of the law. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident for, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 3:10, 11.

Are you able to receive that Jacob?

SimpleMan77

What do you say?

[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] see the above question. This new convert is asking for direction for what to do now that he believes.

What do you say?

Robert Pate

Banned
[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] see the above question. This new convert is asking for direction for what to do now that he believes.

What do you say?

Paul said, "The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable.

To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. No one will be saved that rejects the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus is our justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

We can learn more scripture, and grow in our understanding of scripture.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am just telling you what Paul said about the law. Do you believe Paul?

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under a CURSE; for it is written, Cursed is everyone that does not continue to do everything that is written in the book of the law. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident for, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 3:10, 11.

Are you able to receive that Jacob?

I do believe Paul. The gospel did not begin with him. He is the Apostle to the Gentiles. There is only one gospel. However, consider that the truth has been proclaimed to both Jew and Gentile. "He who worked effectually". Galatians 2:7-10 NASB.

I accept the scripture Robert Pate.

Do you accept the law as good? No one is saved by the law. You can find these things in scripture.

Do you obey God's commands?

You are justified by the blood of Jesus. You are justified by faith. You cannot be justified by the Law.

Jesus never sinned.

We should not sin either.

Do you obey God?

What is the role of the Holy Spirit in your life, and in the life of the believer?

Do you believe that all believers have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them?

There are those who believe, and profess or have faith. We are not to judge, but we do know that salvation is important. In what way can we judge? Can or does anyone judge anyone?

God is the Judge, and He appointed Jesus to be the judge.

How are we to understand Romans 8:1-2 NASB?

How does a person know if they are saved?

Can you help someone to know if they are saved? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Assurance of salvation, eternal security, once saved always saved.

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Is this for the individual?

See Romans 13:11 NASB. These verses should be read in context.

What does it mean to be sealed by the Holy Spirit?

Are you baptised? Are you baptised by the Holy Spirit?

What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit? What about for the Holy Spirit to come upon someone?

Do all who believe or have faith have the Holy Spirit?

Romans 8:9 NASB.

If you are under grace you are not under law. We should obey God. We should obey God's Law, even His commands, and the governing authorities.

See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

The new covenant came in Jesus Christ.

How do you know what prophesies of scripture have been fulfilled? How can we grow in our understanding of scripture?

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

musterion

I do believe Paul. The gospel did not begin with him.

Then what did, and why?

Paul said something distinctive about his ministry had not before been revealed by God to anyone, but had been revealed THROUGH (not "by") Paul.

Do you know what that previously hidden information (musterion) was?