Honor God's Son or Perish

Robert Pate

Banned
Exactly why I told you to read Romans 2. You are as religious as anyone I have seen on TOL and you refuse to renounce Pateism and trust in Christ alone. Romans 2 should speak loudly to you but you are dull of hearing.
As I told you before, several times; if you refuse to substantiate your claims, then you are a liar. Plain and simple, because you like complicated religion.

All of your accusations are false. I teach the Gospel, which is a very simple message that even a child can understand.

I don't have a religion, nor am I associated with a denomination.

If I go to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not my own.

fishrovmen

All of your accusations are false. I teach the Gospel, which is a very simple message that even a child can understand.

I don't have a religion, nor am I associated with a denomination.

If I go to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not my own.

It is very obvious that you are extremely religious and you refuse to renounce your religion.
You need to trust in Christ for your salvation for there is no other name given among men by which we must be saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is very obvious that you are extremely religious and you refuse to renounce your religion.
You need to trust in Christ for your salvation for there is no other name given among men by which we must be saved.

All that you say that I need to do, I have already done. Are you related to B57.

beloved57

All that you say that I need to do, I have already done. Are you related to B57.

You don't believe in the Christ of scripture, since you believe that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways.That's a denial that He's a Saviour.

musterion

2 Cor 5:16

How does one honor the Son today when seeking to know Him as He was in the flesh is ruled out?

musterion

By believing in him and in what he has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. Jesus is honored by our faith in him.

So where must we go in the Bible to learn to do this, since the parts where He was yet in the flesh are ruled out for that purpose? 2 Cor 5:16

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The "US" is those that heard the Gospel and believed.

The "THEM" are probably Christ rejecting Jews that heard the Gospel, but did not believe.
I encourage you to read it again. Read Hebrews through. The author of Hebrews appears to be talking about something before Christ. What can we learn here?

Robert Pate

Banned
So where must we go in the Bible to learn to do this, since the parts where He was yet in the flesh are ruled out for that purpose? 2 Cor 5:16

"But the hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the father in Spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks those to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth" John 4:23, 24.

Robert Pate

Banned
I encourage you to read it again. Read Hebrews through. The author of Hebrews appears to be talking about something before Christ. What can we learn here?

Before Christ the Hebrews practiced Judaism. A religion of law and works. Many had trouble believing Paul's Gospel and living by faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Before Christ the Hebrews practiced Judaism. A religion of law and works. Many had trouble believing Paul's Gospel and living by faith.
Do you understand that through Paul's ministry Gentiles came to

believe?

This translation, the NASB, which I grew up with, or have grown up with, speaks of the obedience of faith. Does this mean that faith is obedience?

I know we are to obey God and Christ.

Romans 1:5 NASB - through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 16:26 NASB - but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Robert Pate,

What do you think about the gospel and the new covenant?

I understand the new covenant to be for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, God's law written upon minds and hearts.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you understand that through Paul's ministry Gentiles came to

believe?

This translation, the NASB, which I grew up with, or have grown up with, speaks of the obedience of faith. Does this mean that faith is obedience?

I know we are to obey God and Christ.

Romans 1:5 NASB - through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 16:26 NASB - but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

There is a correct way to believe and have faith. I have trouble with the NASB. I like the KJV.

To live by the Spirit is to live in and by the Gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is a correct way to believe and have faith.
I know the verse speaks of faith, but I was thinking of what is the obedience of faith and whether or not it is faith, but to say so in quoting these verses leaves out the word obedience. I would like to know what the obedience of faith is.
I have trouble with the NASB. I like the KJV.
Romans 1:5 KJV - By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

To live by the Spirit is to live in and by the Gospel.
Why do you say this?

Robert Pate

Banned
I know the verse speaks of faith, but I was thinking of what is the obedience of faith and whether or not it is faith, but to say so in quoting these verses leaves out the word obedience. I would like to know what the obedience of faith is.Romans 1:5 KJV - By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Why do you say this?

The whole Bible is about Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
So trusting in Christ is a one time event? What religion did you renounce?

At one time I was... "The Chief of All Pharisees" That is, until I discovered the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was then that all of my religious chains fell off and I became God's free man.

beloved57

At one time I was... "The Chief of All Pharisees" That is, until I discovered the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was then that all of my religious chains fell off and I became God's free man.

You teach against and speak evil against the Gospel of Christ. You don't believe His doing and dying saved them He did it for.