Have you been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Living Word Of God is Christ, a person you can commune with, not a book. Notice how practically all of your proof-texting from this book, doesn't even come from Christ or His 12 apostles. Why is that? Why do you cite someone as your main reference, that wasn't one of the 12 apostles of Christ? You rely on paper and ink, because you lack faith and the Spirit of God. The Word of God is a person, not a book. The book is only profitable and good for instruction in righteousness, provided you're an actual born again disciple of Christ, a member of His body. Otherwise, the bible will kill you. It's poison fruit for the unregenerate mind. It only increases your delusion and hypocrisy, until it destroys you.

The Bible is both law and Gospel. Since Christians are not under the law only the Gospel should be of interest. The law says to do something. The Gospel says that Jesus Christ has done something to free us from the demands of the law. The Bible is a witness to the Christ Event. If we didn't have the Bible we would not know what Christ has done for us.

RealityJerk

There is only one eternal destiny for all saved men--

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

All that exists.

RealityJerk

The Bible is both law and Gospel. Since Christians are not under the law only the Gospel should be of interest. The law says to do something. The Gospel says that Jesus Christ has done something to free us from the demands of the law. The Bible is a witness to the Christ Event. If we didn't have the Bible we would not know what Christ has done for us.

So no one knew what Jesus did for them until the 4th century, when the NT was officially introduced to Christendom? Papias in the 1st century, one of the earliest church fathers, knew nothing of an NT book. It's through the preaching of the gospel that the elect are drawn to Christ, the true Word of God. A person, not a book, that you can actually commune with and know, through His Holy Spirit. The written word is only profitable, if it instructs in righteousness. The only infallible word that exists is the person of Jesus Christ, not a man written and copied book. I personally didn't come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by reading the bible. Some can come to that by reading a written account of the gospel, but it's not a necessary component. The spirit filled and anointed gospel preacher, is YHWH's instrument to draw out the elect from the nations. The holy spirit does most of the work, not a book or collection of writings.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The books of the law (the law and the prophets) contain references to all subjects of the new testament.

David and Jesus loved the law, why not you?

Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psa 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Psa 119:3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Psa 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
Psa 119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Psa 119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
Psa 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psa 119:8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The NT is much to do with the endings, like peaks of mountains but they sit on great under pinning.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
So no one knew what Jesus did for them until the 4th century, when the NT was officially introduced to Christendom? Papias in the 1st century, one of the earliest church fathers, knew nothing of an NT book. It's through the preaching of the gospel that the elect are drawn to Christ, the true Word of God. A person, not a book, that you can actually commune with and know, through His Holy Spirit. The written word is only profitable, if it instructs in righteousness. The only infallible word that exists is the person of Jesus Christ, not a man written and copied book. I personally didn't come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by reading the bible. Some can come to that by reading a written account of the gospel, but it's not a necessary component. The spirit filled and anointed gospel preacher, is YHWH's instrument to draw out the elect from the nations. The holy spirit does most of the work, not a book or collection of writings.

If it was not for the writings of the apostle Paul I would not know what the Gospel is. I would not know that I have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You can't trust in word of mouth teaching simply because men are sinners and distort the word of God. The apostles were witnesses to the Christ event. By not reading what they heard and saw you are depriving yourself of valuable spiritual information.

God's Truth

If it was not for the writings of the apostle Paul I would not know what the Gospel is. I would not know that I have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You can't trust in word of mouth teaching simply because men are sinners and distort the word of God. The apostles were witnesses to the Christ event. By not reading what they heard and saw you are depriving yourself of valuable spiritual information.

Jesus, when he walked the earth, he taught how to get reconciled to God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus, when he walked the earth, he taught how to get reconciled to God.

No he didn't. Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law serves two purposes.

1. It reveals the nature and the righteousness of God.
2. It reveals the sinful nature of fallen man, Romans 7:7-12.

God's Truth

No he didn't. Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law serves two purposes.

1. It reveals the nature and the righteousness of God.
2. It reveals the sinful nature of fallen man, Romans 7:7-12.

Jesus taught the new law, the law of the Spirit.

You speak against Jesus and I hope one day you can repent.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus taught the new law, the law of the Spirit.

You speak against Jesus and I hope one day you can repent.

The law of the Spirit is the Gospel. It is not laws or rules.

In the Gospel we have been perfected by Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. We have been made to sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

What you are striving to become is already mine in Christ. You have NOT entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

RealityJerk

The books of the law (the law and the prophets) contain references to all subjects of the new testament.

David and Jesus loved the law, why not you?

Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psa 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Psa 119:3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Psa 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
Psa 119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Psa 119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
Psa 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psa 119:8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The NT is much to do with the endings, like peaks of mountains but they sit on great under pinning.

LA

Do you execute people who commit adultery, fornication, acts of homosexuality? If a person becomes an apostate, by worshiping a God, other than YHWH, you are obligated under the law, to kill him or her. If one of your children becomes an idolater, you are to be the first to kill them (your son tells you he's converted to the Hare Krishnas, and starts chanting Hare Krishna, you have to take out your shotgun and blow his head off, for YHWH's sake). If your brother dies without siring children, are you willing to marry his widow (your former sister in law) and have children with her? That's part of the law. Are you open to polygamy? There are laws of polygamy.

If two men are fighting, and one of their wives grabs the other's testicles, she is to be punished by having her hand cut off. Similar to the Muslim practice of cutting off the hand of the thief. If your daughter is raped, she must marry her rapist. There are laws that condone slavery and the corporeal punishment of slaves, beating them with a rod. If you beat your male or female slave and you injure them, you won't be punished, but if you kill them, then and only then, will you be punished. The punishment will not be execution, because the slave is your property. It's not a capital crime to beat your slave to death, under the law, and it's not a crime at all to beat the foolish slave with a rod. Male or female.

Have you had enough? In other words, what part of the law are you keeping and what are you conveniently ignoring? Are your cheery picking, the parts of the law that conform to your modern, western sentiments and rejecting that which offends you? There are 613 laws, which ones apply to you and which ones don't? Who determines what does and doesn't apply now? You? Your pastor? The pope? Who?

God's Truth

The law of the Spirit is the Gospel. It is not laws or rules.

Jesus taught the law of the Spirit and where do you ever get that it is not a law? The scriptures say it is a LAW.

The new law is the law of the Spirit; see Romans 8:2.

In the Gospel we have been perfected by Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. We have been made to sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

After being accepted, and that is after obeying by repenting of your sins.

What you are striving to become is already mine in Christ. You have NOT entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

You having no understanding and condemning me who is one who is obviously saved proves that you are not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you execute people who commit adultery, fornication, acts of homosexuality? If a person becomes an apostate, by worshiping a God, other than YHWH, you are obligated under the law, to kill him or her. If one of your children becomes an idolater, you are to be the first to kill them (your son tells you he's converted to the Hare Krishnas, and starts chanting Hare Krishna, you have to take out your shotgun and blow his head off, for YHWH's sake). If your brother dies without siring children, are you willing to marry his widow (your former sister in law) and have children with her? That's part of the law. Are you open to polygamy? There are laws of polygamy.

If two men are fighting, and one of their wives grabs the other's testicles, she is to be punished by having her hand cut off. Similar to the Muslim practice of cutting off the hand of the thief. If your daughter is raped, she must marry her rapist. There are laws that condone slavery and the corporeal punishment of slaves, beating them with a rod. If you beat your male or female slave and you injure them, you won't be punished, but if you kill them, then and only then, will you be punished. The punishment will not be execution, because the slave is your property. It's not a capital crime to beat your slave to death, under the law, and it's not a crime at all to beat the foolish slave with a rod. Male or female.

Have you had enough? In other words, what part of the law are you keeping and what are you conveniently ignoring? Are your cheery picking, the parts of the law that conform to your modern, western sentiments and rejecting that which offends you? There are 613 laws, which ones apply to you and which ones don't? Who determines what does and doesn't apply now? You? Your pastor? The pope? Who?

Jesus interpreted the law correctly for us as we are to understand it under the new covenant.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus interpreted the law correctly for us as we are to understand it under the new covenant.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA

There are no laws or rules under the New Covenant because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The law and the Jewish religion have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus is the New Covenant.

God's Truth

There are no laws or rules under the New Covenant because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The law and the Jewish religion have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus is the New Covenant.

The just shall live by faith versus the Jews who do the purification works.

None of that supports your do not obey gospel.

RealityJerk

LA

Nothing you cited above excuses you from breaking any of God's commandments. The fact that he made looking at another man's wife with lust in your heart a sin, doesn't nullify the law that requires adulterers be executed. You still have to grow a beard if you're a man, you still have to keep all of the kosher laws and keep the Sabbath. You still have to keep all of the holy days..etc. Nothing Jesus supposedly said above, nullifies the Torah, according to the book you so ardently proclaim as "God's inerrant, infallible word".

Has heaven and earth past away? No. Hence you have to keep the law and you can't cheery pick.

Epoisses

Nothing you cited above excuses you from breaking any of God's commandments. The fact that he made looking at another man's wife with lust in your heart a sin, doesn't nullify the law that requires adulterers be executed. You still have to grow a beard if you're a man, you still have to keep all of the kosher laws and keep the Sabbath. You still have to keep all of the holy days..etc. Nothing Jesus supposedly said above, nullifies the Torah, according to the book you so ardently proclaim as "God's inerrant, infallible word".

Has heaven and earth past away? No. Hence you have to keep the law and you can't cheery pick.

Has the law been fulfilled? yea, 2000 years ago so it has passed away for believers in Christ.

God's love can prevent murder, adultery and theft a thousand times better than 'thou shalt not'.

Robert Pate

Banned
The just shall live by faith versus the Jews who do the purification works.

None of that supports your do not obey gospel.

What you are trying to do in the flesh Jesus has ALREADY done for us. You need to stop trying to be good enough and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Has the law been fulfilled? yea, 2000 years ago so it has passed away for believers in Christ.

God's love can prevent murder, adultery and theft a thousand times better than 'thou shalt not'.

Right, the law does not prevent sin, it encourages it, Romans 7:7-12.