God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgood

I am debating here and even now. I agree that you don't debate, but neither did AMR.

ROFLSmiley.gif

ROFLSmiley.gif

Right Divider

Body part
I am willing to believe what Jesus said, that the Father was greater than He.

Aren’t you?
I believe that.

You're trying to muddy the waters with two different things.

When it comes to understanding the Bible (and many other things), we must understand the difficult things in light of the clear things. The facts that the Word was God [John 1:1] (clear and unambiguous) and the Word was made flesh [John 1:14] (again clear and unambiguous) make it crystal clear that the LORD Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. Since God knows all things, we understand Mark 13:32 in this light.

Since Jesus is God and God knows all, the only logical conclusion to Jesus' statement is that He was speaking from a human perspective. Since Jesus it BOTH God and man, He can speak from either perspective.

When Paul says that Jesus was "born under the law" [Gal 4:4], this is another example of the human perspective.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I believe that.

You're trying to muddy the waters with two different things.

When it comes to understanding the Bible (and many other things), we must understand the difficult things in light of the clear things. The facts that the Word was God [John 1:1] (clear and unambiguous) and Word was made flesh [John 1:14] (again clear and unambiguous) make it crystal clear that the LORD Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. Since God knows all things, we understand Mark 13:32 in this light.

Since Jesus is God and God knows all, the only logical conclusion to Jesus' statement is that He was speaking from a human perspective. Since Jesus it BOTH God and man, He can speak from either perspective.

When Paul says that Jesus was "born under the law" [Gal 4:4], this is another example of the human perspective.

You are changing it to what I said. Good for you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Objectifying 'God'..................

Objectifying 'God'..................

~*~*~

We would continue to expand from this original address here & here, and say -

It is probably better for you to come to know and realize the 'God' within your own 'being' and see yourself as an extension of IT, since your own being (identity) and personality has its source from this Original Being as there is no 'other'. All this objectifying of 'God' in various ways or assuming Jesus to be 'God' or 'God' to be Jesus may be helpful to some, but ultimately whatever meaning or value it has as an analogy or teaching tool, will be to awaken one's own communion with this same Spirit-Father, who is also the Father of Jesus as well, and so we come back to a Unitarian context of relationship, for all presonalities are ALL the offspring of One Universal Father-Mother-God, no matter what doctrinal gymnastics or metaphysics are entertained,...a 'son' is still a 'son' of a 'father', and a 'daughter' as well, being progeny of one kind or anything, and this must be so within the context of 'relationship', or else our use of the language of such relationships are of no use.

In this context 'God' is the Universal Subject yes,...but this 'God' is the very ground of all subjectivity and objectivity, whose infinite unity transcends all dualities, yet includes their inter-play. Again, the only 'God' worth knowing because that 'God' is the source and essence of all real value and meaning, is the ONE that IS (now filling all and being all). - this 'God' is everlastingly omnipresent, as the sole Identity of reality itself, including all that is absolute, and all that is relative. The ultimate revelation of the glory of God is when God is realized as being 'all in all', because there is no place empty of Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
~*~*~

We would continue to expand from this original address here & here, and say -

It is probably better for you to come to know and realize the 'God' within your own 'being' and see yourself as an extension of IT, since your own being (identity) and personality has its source from this Original Being as there is no 'other'. All this objectifying of 'God' in various ways or assuming Jesus to be 'God' or 'God' to be Jesus may be helpful to some, but ultimately whatever meaning or value it has as an analogy or teaching tool, will be to awaken one's own communion with this same Spirit-Father, who is also the Father of Jesus as well, and so we come back to a Unitarian context of relationship, for all presonalities are ALL the offspring of One Universal Father-Mother-God, no matter what doctrinal gymnastics or metaphysics are entertained,...a 'son' is still a 'son' of a 'father', and a 'daughter' as well, being progeny of one kind or anything, and this must be so within the context of 'relationship', or else our use of the language of such relationships are of no use.

In this context 'God' is the Universal Subject yes,...but this 'God' is the very ground of all subjectivity and objectivity, whose infinite unity transcends all dualities, yet includes their inter-play. Again, the only 'God' worth knowing because that 'God' is the source and essence of all real value and meaning, is the ONE that IS (now filling all and being all). - this 'God' is everlastingly omnipresent, as the sole Identity of reality itself, including all that is absolute, and all that is relative. The ultimate revelation of the glory of God is when God is realized as being 'all in all', because there is no place empty of Him.
Keep your Urantia garbage in the Urantia thread please. God is God, you and I are not, end of story.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Keep your Urantia garbage in the Urantia thread please. God is God, you and I are not, end of story.

What I wrote has nothing to do with Urantia. If you have something actually intelligent to add or address within the points I shared, you can do so, but you will not treat my commentary with such contempt when it is based on ignorance and presumption. You'll have to do much better than that, and for one, do without the pious arrogant pointificating attitude.

Your response to my discourse as exploring the subject philosophically shows you have misconceived the main points, as no claims were made with any human soul being 'God', nor assuming to take away God's glory, but that we all as individual souls and personalities have a universal Spirit Father, an original Parent-Source, whom Jesus also calls his Father and God, a Presence greater than himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.