Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Mickiel

Can I get 1 scripture to support Christmas , Easter or the Trinity?

I mean in the presence of God , Jesus and the angels watching , will you Christians please , please give us biblical support for these practices? Don't do it for me , just show your God you can do it.

clefty

does that include duck decoys?

It would appear so yes? I mean they are a likeness...and it is clear make no image...no likeness...of anything...

I tend to think Ducks would agree. So I stand with the obedient...even if it's just ducks. LOL

I don't worship my Christmas tree

do you?
I haven't seen yours...

and I know you don't worship it...heathens and pagans don't either...they tell me "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," they merely "venerate" the object...they worship the one represented by the tree...they merely use the tree to "go through to its prototype"..."as the movement toward the image does not terminate in it as image, but tends toward that whose image it is..." This is what the heathens and pagans insist...http://www.awakentoprayer.org/Catholic_Tradition_art.html

clefty

is that what he's been waiting for?

ok fine

HEY YOU! I COMMAND YOU TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!

now go away

LOL...you didn't cite it...

Guess my subtle joke was missed...His desire for a commandment to keep Christmas is not in scripture...poor guy...thinks Christians only do things they are commanded to do in the scriptures...maybe I should tell him that Christians have for awhile now done many things not in scripture...Sunday keeping is another one...not one text commanding that...yeah gonna have to tell him...

clefty

I mean in the presence of God , Jesus and the angels watching , will you Christians please , please give us biblical support for these practices? Don't do it for me , just show your God you can do it.

Pssst! Hey Mickiel thought I should tell you...but Christians don't do things because they are commanded to do so by scripture...or given an example by His life...for awhile now...

Keeping part of Sunday and not a whole seventh day Sabbath is a good example...

Thought you should know...

Peace

P.S. Kinda like written for you...

Nothing is said in the Bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday. We know of the change only from the tradition of the Church—a fact handed down to us from earliest times by the living voice of the Church. That is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholics, who say that they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the Bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic Church.

Source: The Faith Explained, Third Edition, by Leo J. Trese, 1965, Fides/Claretian, 14th printing, 2005, ISBN 1 889334 29 4, pg. 246.

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/notsun.htm

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
dude :nono:

never go full retard
ROFL!
Only a full retard would ask Christians for biblical support of GOD ordaining a birthday party on Dec 25th.
I knew he was a trolling jokester as soon as he presented that nonsense.

And that "I'm a loner" cliche. Baaahaaahaaahaaa!
How many times over the years has TOL heard that zinger (as if if meant squat!)?

Oh! And let's not forget ......"If you insult me then you are not as good a person as I am".
That one always cracks me up!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Beg, little man, beg!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why start another Trinity thread? There is one with over four thousand responses. I'm quite sure you will find more than one scriptural response there.

Mickiel

Pssst! Hey Mickiel thought I should tell you...but Christians don't do things because they are commanded to do so by scripture...or given an example by His life...for awhile now...

Keeping part of Sunday and not a whole seventh day Sabbath is a good example...

Thought you should know...

Peace

P.S. Kinda like written for you...

Nothing is said in the Bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday. We know of the change only from the tradition of the Church—a fact handed down to us from earliest times by the living voice of the Church. That is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholics, who say that they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the Bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic Church.

Source: The Faith Explained, Third Edition, by Leo J. Trese, 1965, Fides/Claretian, 14th printing, 2005, ISBN 1 889334 29 4, pg. 246.

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/notsun.htm

Yea I know , its like looking at the twilight zone , you wonder if their in another reality; their spoiled , the religion has been on top too long , and they have lost their zeal for the real truth. I think God wanted it to be like this , because he is setting things up for a real people of God to come. Not plastic traditional comfortable people ,but a people with a zeal for God ,not according to Christian knowledge. A people who will love everybody and each other. These people got all kinds of things in them. Jealously , envy , spite , anger , selfishness , busy bodies , not lovers of scriptures , traditional and greedy. They jump on you , gang upon you , and pacify each others faults like a clan.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Guess my subtle joke was missed...His desire for a commandment to keep Christmas is not in scripture
His folly is that he's not sharp enough to notice that no one has disagreed with that.

Sooooooo ...... about all you do is ......

Proverbs 26:5 KJV
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think God wanted it to be like this ,
Ooooo, this should be good!
:popcorn:

because he is setting things up for a real people of God to come. Not plastic traditional comfortable people ,but a people with a zeal for God ,not according to Christian knowledge. A people who will love everybody and each other. These people got all kinds of things in them. Jealously , envy , spite , anger , selfishness , busy bodies , not lovers of scriptures , traditional and greedy. They jump on you , gang upon you , and pacify each others faults like a clan.
Sooooooo, you think it's supposed to be this way PER GOD, and yet you complain about the way GOD set it up?

You got very low grades in reasoning and debating skills, didn't ya?

6days

Moving the goal post I see.

You couldn't find a single person here that says that Dec 25th is a biblically ordained holy holiday that GOD commanded.
You were just arguing against your own imagination.
Being so unsuccessful in finding anyone here that believes in your strawman, you now want to change the goal and stab at the air again.

Here's a thought ........ how about you actually find someone here that believes Dec 25th was ordained by GOD as a holy holiday to be celebrated, and then you might have a leg to stand on.
As it is now, you are just flopping around with no legs.
Haha... you go girl!!

6days

Mickiel said:
It is as I expected , no Christian can provide what is not there. One cannot give biblical support, when none exist.....
You keep repeating your strawman arguments. Christians have provided numerous reasons why we celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of our Lord.
What we haven't seen Biblical support for is your religious views tied in with the links you provided earlier to a cult.

Mickiel

Maybe I should ask for opinions instead of bible proof and support?

I feel guilty for asking for bible, I guess that was the wrong approach?

Goodness ,how do you get the truth nowadays??

clefty

Maybe I should ask for opinions instead of bible proof and support?

I feel guilty for asking for bible, I guess that was the wrong approach?

Goodness ,how do you get the truth nowadays??

Notice how they haven't answered why they celebrate something not allowed to them...something something prohibited them...

There are plenty of commandments NOT to do as they do...or the pagans...there are also plenty to live JUST AS He did...and it doesn't seem like His bday was that important...to anybody in scripture...

Even in the New Testament if a new believer warned the kosher meat being enjoyed was offered to idols...the believing brethren were to cease from eating it in offense...

Not to lead another astray...apparently doing as the pagans do is not ok

Maybe that is WHY there is no baby Jesus bday party cake recipe and DJ playlist...

But around here I fear a poster warning of defiled meat would be mocked rediculed and chastised for not going along to get along...I mean it's no big deal right?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the loser just has a hatred for fir trees and doesn't want any of them to ever look purdy.

That's kinda mean-spirited. Them poor fir trees never did nothing to you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notice how they haven't answered why they celebrate not something that is commanded of them, but why do they celebrate something prohibited them...

There are plenty of commandments NOT to do as they do...or the pagans...there are also plenty to live JUST AS He did...and it doesn't seem like His bday was that important...to anybody in scripture...
Yeah, sure.

Now pay attention ....

1 Corinthians 6:12 KJV
(12) All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23 KJV
(23) All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Ain't no little fir tree got any power over me.
Sad that you let one have power over you.