Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How about giving us biblical support for Tithing in the New Testament? Can we pry some bible out of you on that deception?

Paul plainly teaches that ministers ought to be compensated.

And
10% was what God willed toward the upkeep of the Jewish temple. Or in other words, 10% of all economical assets were to go to the faith.

clefty

Jesus was Jew, why would expect not to see Jewish things?

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lol...I was being sarcastic on that point as that is a standard response I get from Christians regarding anything from the Old Testament which for them they claim doesn't matter...made null and void by their misinterpretation of....Paul I guess?

This whole Christmas thingy makes me laugh as Christians don't keep what is required of them-Sabbath yet insist and defend that which is not only NOT asked for but forbidden them-Christmas...

Sabbath is for Jews is the standard response...

The church has worked very hard to distance itself from the church in the wilderness...

And Jews have only been all too helpful...

Never mind there is no longer jews or Gentiles in Him...no Christmas ham either...lol

Just His people Israel...

clefty

Nope. No power at all.

I don't use a fir tree for worship at all.
IT's A FIR TREE, just sitting there not doing nothing at all, not speaking, not seeing, not knowing.
I see it as it is ----- a fir tree. Not an idol, not a god.

Yup Jeremiah makes that very point...doesn't even specify it is to worship but just bring it in...decorate it and nail it down...lol...and that is what pagans do

Yeah, it's scripture.
with qualifiers you ignore

So is this:

Romans 8:38-39 KJV
(38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
(39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

Ain't no non speaking, non seeing, non knowing fir tree ever gonna separate me from Christ.

I think you are forgetting just who's righteousness saved you.
(HINT - it wasn't your righteousness.)

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

Willful sin will indeed separate you...you think LORD LORD! Is enough?

all men don't let go of willful sin...(it is a blast ya know)...to accept the free gift...why you test Him?

Ya gotta let go of your carnal stuff to accept His gift...

keypurr

Lol...I was being sarcastic on that point as that is a standard response I get from Christians regarding anything from the Old Testament which for them they claim doesn't matter...made null and void by their misinterpretation of....Paul I guess?

This whole Christmas thingy makes me laugh as Christians don't keep what is required of them-Sabbath yet insist and defend that which is not only NOT asked for but forbidden them-Christmas...

Sabbath is for Jews is the standard response...

The church has worked very hard to distance itself from the church in the wilderness...

And Jews have only been all too helpful...

Never mind there is no longer jews or Gentiles in Him...no Christmas ham either...lol

Just His people Israel...

Spiritual

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup Jeremiah makes that very point...doesn't even specify it is to worship but just bring it in...decorate it and nail it down...lol...and that is what pagans do

with qualifiers you ignore

Willful sin will indeed separate you...you think LORD LORD! Is enough?

all men don't let go of willful sin...(it is a blast ya know)...to accept the free gift...why you test Him?

Ya gotta let go of your carnal stuff to accept His gift...
I really do wish folks would just read the scriptures.
Jeremiah 10:1-5 KJV
(1) Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
(2) Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
(3) For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
(4) They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
(5) They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.​

I ain't afraid of no do nothing, say nothing, know nothing fir tree, because that's all it is to me ---- a do nothing fir tree.
Quit being afraid of a do nothing fir tree, it can't hurt you.
See it as the Spirit sees it, a do nothing fir tree that has no power, instead of viewing it with carnal eyes as the pagan's did.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I really do wish folks would just read the scriptures.

Jeremiah 10:1-5 KJV
(1) Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
(2) Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
(3) For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
(4) They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
(5) They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.​

I ain't afraid of no do nothing, say nothing, know nothing fir tree, because that's all it is to me ---- a do nothing fir tree.
Quit being afraid of a fir tree, it can't hurt you.

looks like we're all good as long as we don't fasten it with nails and with hammers :idunno:

Mickiel

I really wish you would read scripture, instead of relying on internet links to tell you what scripture says.

Matthew 23:23 KJV
(23) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

This verse is not a command to tithe. Come now, you have to give us more. This is a serious debate , not a one meaningless verse show. Notice;

http://www.letusreason.org/doct54.htm

Summary: This site shows that the new Testament Church NEVER required tithing, NEVER commanded it, never received instructions from Christ to Tithe , or from the Apostles. Oh the church was not against giving, but it was against giving based on compulsion to give , or commandments to give , or giving from fear of a so called "Curse" ,all of which many churches now use as tactics. To try and intimidate the people to give 10% of their incomes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
looks like we're all good as long as we don't fasten it with nails and with hammers :idunno:
I would get into the bit about what "cutteth" means, but folks are gonna believe what they want to. But cutteth is tied in with covenant.
They have a covenant with the made idol because they think that hunk of wood can actually do something as their god.

And the word "workmen" isn't talking about just swinging an axe as a lumberjack. They are skilled craftsmen/carpenters/engravers/masons.
Is 44:12 uses the same Hebrew words translated with workman as "smith" and axe as "tongs".

I mean, come on folks, we have Israel cutting down trees and covering those hunks of wood with silver and gold for the temple and it's furniture.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
^6 days and no biblical support for Christmas , Easter or the Trinity. This is a public shame.

I tell you what ,I'll give you Christians another one, give me biblical support for "Tithing in the New Testament."

In my study, the original church did not Tithe at all, not for 300 years after Christ died. Show me anyone Tithing in the new Testament.

Hello.

Why do you assume that all Christians believe that they are obligated to tithe?

Mickiel

Tithing is a hoax, an old covenant practice that was eliminated.

Notice;

https://thetithinghoax.wordpress.com/

Summary ; A stunning website , done by a Black woman no less. She gets into how many churches have made God out to be a "Mafia Boss " when it comes to members giving their money. Using fear tactics and lies to force the believers to give. A well done site with videos as well.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Tithing is a hoax, an old covenant practice that was eliminated.

Notice;

https://thetithinghoax.wordpress.com/

Summary ; A stunning website , done by a Black woman no less. She gets into how many churches have made God out to be a "Mafia Boss " when it comes to members giving their money. Using fear tactics and lies to force the believers to give. A well done site with videos as well.

Perhaps you should start an anti-tithing crusade.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really wish you would read scripture, instead of relying on internet links to tell you what scripture says.

Matthew 23:23 KJV
(23) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

This verse is not a command to tithe.
Yes it is.
Jesus is saying that they did pay tithes, but were neglecting other things they should have been doing as well.
Jesus tells them that they should be doing both (paying tithes and not neglecting the other things they should have been doing).

Come now, you have to give us more. This is a serious debate , not a one meaningless verse show.
None of scripture is meaningless.
I see where part of your problem lies.