Genesis 1 made more sensible and scientific

6days

username said:
6days said:
I think day the angels we're created on day 1.
But, the serpent in the garden would have been some time after day 7 it would seem.

Chapter and verse?
I don't think there is chapter and verse that gives a definite answer to that question. (Neither did I)

However, *Ex. 20:11 tells us "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them"

Various verse tell us that angels are created being such as Colossians 1:16

So.....it would seem possible from those verses that angels we're created in the six days of creation. If so, then it must have been day 1 because of Job 38.

username said:
Bonus question: If the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was created on the third day, and everything that God created on days 1-6 was "good" only (Gen 1:31), then does that mean that the knowledge of evil is good?
Bonus answer... given by Stripe.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Not sure.... possibly. What do you think?
The Bible does tell us that the heavens, earth and everything in them was made in six days. Angels are created beings... they didn't exist throughout eternity.

I see your point.
I will have to investigate.

Thanks

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The problem with fundamentalist Christians and Muslims is that they take their metaphoric sacred language literally.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The problem with fundamentalist Christians and Muslims is that they take their metaphoric sacred language literally.

A fundamentalist Christian will turn the other cheek and give him his cloak. A fundamentalist muslim will chop your head off.

But you keep pretending like they are similar at the core.

lifeisgood

'Made' and 'Formed' have two separate Meanings
The Hebrew words that "made" and "formed" are translated from are two completely different words with two completely different definitions!

The term "made" is translated from Hebrew word #6213, which basically means "to prepare," and the word "formed" is translated from Hebrew word #3335, which means "to form, fashion, frame."

In other words, God "prepared" every living thing in Genesis 1, but did not actually bring it into physical form until Genesis 2!

God has told us, in His Word, that "made" and "formed" are two separate and distinct events:

Isaiah 44:2 --- "Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb..."

Isaiah 45:18 --- "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it;"

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/1-2.html

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
A fundamentalist Christian will turn the other cheek and give him his cloak. A fundamentalist muslim will chop your head off.

But you keep pretending like they are similar at the core.

Nicky, I am shocked to hear you suggest a fundamentalist Christian would actually show charity. How unlike you. Perhaps there is hope for you after all.

6days

Annabenedetti said:
Are you a fundamentalist Christian?
Yes.... are you?

Heb. 10:23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful"

The term 'fundamentalist' is usually used in a derogatory manner, but as Christians we are commanded to hold unswervingly to truth. There is only one way to God... through the blood of Jesus Christ. I will not be moderate nor compromise on that. I am a fundamentalist Christian.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The term 'fundamentalist' is usually used in a derogatory manner

For the same reason "Pharisee" is usually used in a derogatory manner. Not all Pharisees were contemptable, and not all fundamentalists are contemptable. Most probably aren't. It's a matter of which ones make the most noise.

6days

Lifeisgood said:
Made' and 'Formed' have two separate Meanings
The Hebrew words that "made" and "formed" are translated from are two completely different words with two completely different definitions!*

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/1-2.html

Your information comes from a website that is trying to find middle ground between the Bible and evolutionism. What they do is compromise on what God says.

The two words ( bara / create and asah /make) are used interchangeably throughout scripture. For example Genesis 1:26 says "make man" and verse 27 says "create man".

In six days God created everything. It was not a re-do like some evolutionists want you to believe.*

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Your information comes from a website that is trying to find middle ground between the Bible and evolutionism. What they do is compromise on what God says.

The two words ( bara / create and asah /make) are used interchangeably throughout scripture. For example Genesis 1:26 says "make man" and verse 27 says "create man".

In six days God created everything. It was not a re-do like some evolutionists want you to believe.*

You like the term "evolutionism". can we use the term "Biblism
for your position? Would seem appropriate.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The term 'fundamentalist' is usually used in a derogatory manner, but as Christians we are commanded to hold unswervingly to truth. There is only one way to God... through the blood of Jesus Christ. I will not be moderate nor compromise on that. I am a fundamentalist Christian.

You don't have to be a fundamentalist Christian to believe that the way to God is through the blood of Jesus Christ. Non-fudamentalist Evangelicals also believe that. Catholics believe that.

"Oh blood and water, which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us, we trust in you." -- Catholic prayer.

SaulToPaul 2

When did Ezekiel 28:17 happen?

Yes, I agree. There are many things that do not fit the Garden of Eden of Genesis 1.

But my brotherhood with Nick M, the Magnificent, and Stripe in the Body of Christ is much more important to me than winning an argument about something neither of us can absolutely prove.

I hope Jerry Shugart is reading.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Hey think about this. When you get yourself banned at age 47. that may be a bit of immaturity, but at age 77, there really is something wrong.

What is your problem?