Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Nanja

Amen Sister. Pate is an excellent example of one who has a form of godliness but denys the power thereof. He makes all these posts about Christ being victorious over the world,flesh and devil, has defeated sin, then turns around and says that men and women Christ did all this for, still wind up lost, Christ death being denied its saving power and efficacy.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

I know Brother, he's exactly who I had in mind here ☺. According to Pate, a person's salvation is dependent upon on his phony freewill choice, not the efficaciousness of Christ's Blood alone for whom it was shed. He's Lost!

beloved57

Unbelief of God's Elect!

1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

False teaching tells us that people Christ died for are condemned because of their unbelief. They twist scriptures like Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

They are in darkness to what that scripture means and says.

But the fact of the matter is this, that unbelief for them Christ died for, is never an occasion for God to condemn them, but on the contrary, its the occasion for them to receive/obtain mercy. See the Elect of God was purposed by God unto unbelief so that they shall obtain mercy Rom 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The all here are all the vessels of mercy from amongst the jews and Gentiles Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

beloved57

Regarding unbelief and condemnation in John 3:18! The unbelief here is not causative of condemnation but evidential of it, they are yet under the condemnation of the law, having not be made dead to it by the Body of Christ Rom 7:4, meaning simply that Christ death was not for them!

Nanja

Regarding unbelief and condemnation in John 3:18! The unbelief here is not causative of condemnation but evidential of it, they are yet under the condemnation of the law, having not be made dead to it by the Body of Christ Rom 7:4, meaning simply that Christ death was not for them!

Exactly! They were never Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15. So they are obligated to keep the Law perfectly or suffer the second death Rev. 21:8; Mat. 25:41.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

Exactly! They were never Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15. So they are obligated to keep the Law perfectly or suffer the second death Rev. 21:8; Mat. 25:41.

For sure Sister in Grace !

beloved57

Regarding unbelief and the Wrath of God!

Most false religions do pervert this scripture to states this about the Wrath of God Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The not believing the Gospel of God's Grace isn't what occasions God's Wrath, the broken law against them does that Rom 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

So their not believing is occasioned by them still being under Gods Wrath and bound to the broken law of God, so that means that Christ never died for them and satisfied Gods Law demands against them. So therefore God's Wrath continues to abide on them!

Shasta

Yet according to what you two have said a person is already a sheep even before they believe.

Last edited:

Shasta

John 3:18 In this life everything is in a state of flux. A person who does not believe today may come to salvation tomorrow. Paul did not believe at first, not until the Lord revealed Himself to him on the Damascus road.

Evidently you are in disagreement with the Reformer Martin Luther who taught that unbelief is the ultimate sin people are judged for.

The Book of Mark agrees:

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
(Mark 16:16)

Where does Romans 7:4 say that anyone who does not believe in theistic determinism is not covered by the atonement? If that were so then every Christians for the first 300-400 years of Church history would have been damned for no one during that time believed in one petal of T.U.L.I.P.

Shasta

…30 Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household” (Acts 16:31)

The NT evangelists always expressed confidence that whoever believed in the gospel could be saved. Yet if they had been honest Calvinists they could not have been sure that this man or anyone in particular was ordained to salvation

Epoisses

Calvinism is such a twisted system of doubt and unbelief. Calvinist's know unbelief is wrong and yet they reject half of the new testament! John Calvin the false prophet of the Reformed and John Darby the false prophet of the Arminians.

Nanja

Yet according to what you two have said a person already a sheep before they believe.

Exactly, that's why they shall believe because they are His Sheep John 10:26-29.

Christ was the Surety of the Sheep from Everlasting Heb. 7:22, and He was risen from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20

The Elect, Christ's Sheep, the Beloved of the Lord, were chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13; 1 Thes. 1:4.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Epoisses

Exactly, that's why they shall believe because they are His Sheep John 10:26-29.

Christ was the Surety of the Sheep from Everlasting Heb. 7:22, and He was risen from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20

The Elect, Christ's Sheep, the Beloved of the Lord, were chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13; 1 Thes. 1:4.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

God's elect sheep also believe that Jesus is the 2nd Adam or savior of the world and he made one sacrifice for all sin for all time. Not a partial sacrifice like some kind of bean counter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Most false religions do pervert this scripture to states this about the Wrath of God Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The not believing the Gospel of God's Grace isn't what occasions God's Wrath, the broken law against them does that Rom 4:15

So their not believing is occasioned by them still being under Gods Wrath and bound to the broken law of God, so that means that Christ never died for them and satisfied Gods Law demands against them. So therefore God's Wrath continues to abide on them!
rabbit hole

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

So your 'god' isn't so loving after all :rolleyes:

Shasta

God's elect sheep also believe that Jesus is the 2nd Adam or savior of the world and he made one sacrifice for all sin for all time. Not a partial sacrifice like some kind of bean counter.

You will have to explain this.

Last edited: