Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

Works of Righteousness !

Works of Righteousness !

Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

A work is a thing done ! The word for works is ergon and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Righteousness here means:

integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting

Things that we do which are right or correct, correctness of thinking.

The word done means:

to act rightly, do well

1) to carry out, to execute

b) to do a thing unto one

1) to do to one

That word is used with works in many places as here:

Matt 7:22

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

John 7:21

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.

Believing in Christ is one of many works of Righteousness a man does, so if one says they are Justified before God because of their act of believing

The word believing, pisteuo means :

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

Thinking right or correct is a Righteousness according to the definition above for Righteousness from Tit 3:5

So those of you that insist you get saved or Justified before God based on your believing, you reject the fundamental teaching of Titus 3:5, and espouse a false teaching of Salvation by your works ! You see, being saved is not by works or acts of Righteousness which we have done !

beloved57

He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second !

Heb 10:9

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Many today are deluded into believing that there is a future time coming, the millennium they call it, when God restores and earthly jewish nation that brings back the OC system of worship, all this because they canalize OT Prophecies, especially in Ezk, but this is a most grave error, and only those whom Christ died for shall escape this deadly deception. The Truth of the matter is, since the oblation of Christ, there is no more need for such sacrifices and offerings, and His Offering has once and for all has done away with them, for God has now no pleasure in them, except for that temporal purpose that led up to Christ. In this regards look at Heb 7:18-19

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Heb 9:6-10

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

For the sake of space please read Heb 10:1-9 to clarify this point !

Now that Christ has come and offered up Himself under the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Its no more time to revert back to that which God has taken away, but now and ever since, God has been about establishing the Second, that is the New Covenant and its attending blessings to a specific People Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:6-12.

The word establish Heb 10:9 is the greek word histēmi and means:

to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set

to make firm, fix establish

Now for men to teach a reverting back, is very dishonoring to God and to Christ, the Mediator of the New Covenant. It would be insane for God to go back to a system that made nothing perfect. Also it would make no sense at all that such reverting would be commemorating of the Lord Jesus Christ and His offering, for he gave instruction for that here 1 Cor 11:23-26

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Last edited:

beloved57

Self Righteousness !

Self Righteousness !

Self Righteousness , by nature we are all this, and except a New Birth from above, we will be deceived with this ! For the scripture says not in vain Jer 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Notice what was said a few verses before ! Jer 17:5

Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

This is freewillism to the T and Self Righteousness !

Self righteousness is the thought process of men whereby we think God saves us or blesses us with Eternal Blessings based upon who we are or our performances or us meeting certain conditions. It has to do with our achievement or who we are. This thinking believe it or not is the mark of the beast in the forehead which denotes the mind, where we think or the right hand denoting how we work or perform.

This is what it means Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Folks, this mark is our own by nature self righteousness before God ! It is trusting in our own ability to perform some kind of conditions to make it right with God !

beloved57

What of water baptism ?

What of water baptism ?

Many in apostate religion have corrupted the ordinance of water baptism from it's biblical usage. Water baptism has never been a condition for salvation, but it was a confession openly of what was believed to have already taken place !

It was the answer of a good conscience, following conversion and giving evidence of it ! 1 Pet 3:21

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

It was counted for Righteousness !

It was counted for Righteousness !

Gen 15:6

And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:3

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

What was counted to Abraham for Righteousness ? The antichrist crowd have sorely abused this passage, and would have us believe that Paul is teaching here as well as Moses in the previous in Gen 15 that God counts one Righteous because of an act of believing ! You see, it cannot mean that because believing is an act of man, and God nowhere reckons man righteous because of an act of man, but only for the act of Christ. Paul writes that by the obedience of ONE, that being Christ, shall many be made Righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Believing is man's obedience Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? See Gal 5:7 also !

You see what I mean, if one is made righteous because of their believing or act of Faith, then that overturns the clear Truth of Rom 5:19 that the many are made righteous by the obedience of one, that being Jesus Christ !

So what was it that was accounted to Abraham as Righteousness ? First lets understand that it is first said that Abraham believed God ! This means God said something or revealed something to him in order for him to believe ! What was it that God revealed to him ?

God revealed to him a promise Rom 4:20-22

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Now what was the promise ? The first promise scripture gives that was made to Abraham and was continually developed was this one Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now Paul reveals to us later in the NT that this promise was the Gospel preached unto Abraham Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The Gospel revealed to Abraham was that Christ , His Seed should die for his sins 1 Cor 15:1-3

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Now, Paul also wrote that in it [The Gospel] that the Righteousness of God is Revealed to Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This Righteousness of God is made to us because God made Christ to be sin for us, why ? 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Now how was Christ made sin for us ? Was it not by imputation ? How are we made the Righteousness of God ? By Imputation.

The word imputation is the same word for counted in Rom 4:3

So you see, the word impute or counted is used in regards of sin or righteousness, that is Our sins to Christ or His Righteousness to us is what is imputed or counted.

So what was imputed to Abraham for Righteousness in Rom 4:3 ? It was Christ Righteousness, the object of His Faith after it [Christ Righteousness] was revealed to him in the Gospel Gen 12:3; Gal 3:8; Rom 1:16-17

Christ's imputed Righteousness was counted to Abraham for Righteousness and that is what Abraham believed God About !

Now for those who hold that Abraham's Faith as in his act of believing in and of itself is his righteousness, you are guilty of preaching a false gospel, a gospel of works !

beloved57

It was counted for Righteousness ! Pt 2

It was counted for Righteousness ! Pt 2

Christ is what God promised to perform and it was through Him and By Him the Abrahamic Seed was made Righteous. This is what Abraham believed and what was counted to him for Righteousness.

Rom 4:20-25

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of that promise to be performed. Now this is seen here Lk 1:67-75

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

He is the Righteousness and Holiness imputed to Abraham, the performance of the promise, that Abraham Believed God about !

That is what had been Imputed to him for Righteousness, Christ ! For Christ is the Righteousness of the believer, not their act of believing ! Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Faith imputed to him as Righteousness Rom 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

This means, instead of working or meeting conditions for Righteousness, Faith embraces the revealed Righteousness we have, by what Christ [the object of our Faith] accomplished, and His Righteousness is what was imputed, so we read Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Works here meaning nothing we have done. It is the greek word ergon and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Now believing is something done by the Mind or heart of a Man ! So it would be inconsistent with Paul's point if Abraham or us are Righteous because of our act of believing or Faith, thats works, and Righteousness is imputed without works says the scripture of truth ! Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

beloved57

If repentance and faith are conditions for man to perform in order to secure to one spiritual life, then man was not spiritually dead in sin and without the life of God as scripture declares he is by nature. Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

The word alienated is a strong word and means:

1) to alienate, estrange

2) to be shut out from one's fellowship and intimacy

belonging to another

2) foreign, strange, not of one's own family, alien, an enemy

And so man in this state could perform vital acts such as faith and repentance.

For all such acts must proceed from life. Also Jesus must have been mistaken when He said Jn 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

The point and truth is this, those vital living actions proceed from Life, a Living Faith which is opposed to a dead faith James 2:17, a Living hope and Godly repentance do proceed from from Life given in the New Birth which is a blessing of the Covenant ! 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Contrary to the Antichrist followers teaching, before man can perform anything pleasing to God, such as Faith Heb 11:6, he must have first received spiritual and resurrected life from the dead Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

beloved57

The Free Gift of Justification !

The Free Gift of Justification !

We know that Free Gift of Justification is not a offer as the antichrist followers teaches, simply by understanding Paul's analogy in Rom 5:16

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

So then just as Judgment to condemnation came to all by one, in contrast to that the Free Gift unto Justification is to all by one. Now was the Judgment to condemnation an offer ? So then neither is the free gift of Justification, if both are not an offer then the analogy looses its force of comparison !

The Free Gift through Christ's Obedience offsets the judgment and condemnation of Adam's disobedience and further more it [Christ's obedience] eliminates all the actual transgressions of the whole election of Grace ! That is it goes far beyond offsetting that one act of disobedience of Adam !

Now those who are teaching that this free gift of Justification is merely made available to all or that is an offer to all without exception are teaching antichrist doctrines ! Because they are teaching against the accomplishment of Christ's Work to the sole Justification of those He died for !

beloved57

The desire of the Righteous shall be granted !

The desire of the Righteous shall be granted !

Prov 10:24

The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.

Now who is more Righteous than the Lord Jesus Christ ? 1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The man of sin followers place the desires of men and them being granted, moreso than the Righteous God and His Christ and their desires being granted and done. For God say they does desire many things to occur that does not come to pass, as in His desire that all men be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4, yet this desire will not be granted Him !

beloved57

Scriptures that contradict man's idol freewill, that man acts independent of of God's Sovereignty !

The words of Jeremiah the Prophet Jer 10:23

23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

This scripture is against freewill of man most definitely !

The GWT O LORD, I know that the way humans act is not under their control. Humans do not direct their steps as they walk.

The DBT I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

The wise man Solomon says Prov 16:9

9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

In case you did not know, the word steps is another word for a man's will !

The word means course of life, the Lord directs a mans curse of Life. This denotes that God is in control of the thinking process that determines they choices we make to choose our course of life !

This Truth demolishes the God forsaken concept of man has a freewill, a accountable will yes, but a freewill no way !

Last edited:

ttruscott

Scriptures that contradict man's idle freewill, that man acts independent of of God's Sovereignty !

Only on earth, only on earth, only on earth...

not in our pre-earthly existence. You know, the time before the foundation of the world when He knew Jeremiah?
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Christ repudiated many who claimed his name, "I never knew thee!" So I knew thee must mean I loved and accepted thee in a personal relationship.

As for Solomon, do you forget he said:
Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto GOD who gave it.

Job 1:21 - And Job said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb and naked shall I return thither.

Obviously Job was not going to re-enter his mother's womb, right? So then why is his death described as a return to his mother's womb? Why didn't he say, Naked was I born and naked shall I die?

1 Peter 2:25 - For ye were as sheep going astray: but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

This is written to believers about their new belief being a return to Christ - how can one return to where he has never been?

Peace, Ted

beloved57

Scriptures that contradict man's idol freewill cont

Scriptures that contradict man's idol freewill cont

David perceives that God is in control of man's will so He states Ps 33:10-11

10 The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.

11 The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

That David knew of this experientially is seen by his prayer to God regarding the counsel of Ahithophel 2 Sam 15:31

31 And one told David, saying, Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom. And David said, O Lord, I pray thee, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness.

This prayer shows that David believed that God controls the wills of men, and what they can or cannot bring to pass, He believed as all True Saints do, of God's Sovereignty over mens so called Freewill !

Davids prayer here also indicates that He believed in God's control over mens wills and hearts Ps 119:36

36 Incline my heart[or will] unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.

Such a request as here gives us to know that fearing God was something not natural for men and must come from God Ps 86:11

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

David prays for a Covenant Blessing Jer 32:39

And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

Last edited:

beloved57

Unprofitableness of Duty Faith and Repentance !

Unprofitableness of Duty Faith and Repentance !

Luke 17:10

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

The Anti Christ followers are big on this doing a duty or obeying a command in order for God to save them, as though they did something to deserve it !

But look at the fate of the unprofitable servant that relies on his commandment keeping for salvation ! Matt 25:30

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

But the Natural man is always going to have that mentality that salvation comes through them paying a debt of duty, and they neglect that Jesus Christ has paid that debt which God's Chosen People owed, but they will refuse to bow to that Revelation in the Gospel of God !

beloved57

He came to save sinners, not to make them savable !

He came to save sinners, not to make them savable !

1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Many do not believe this verse even though they quote it often. What the religious world believes about this verse is that it should read:

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to make sinners savable; of whom I am chief.

However, Paul had it correct, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and so sinners He must and will save, for He is God Man ! Lets look at a few more verses Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Believe it or not folks, the sinners He came to save and shall save here are the same people !

The same also here Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

The same to save as in 1 Tim 1:15 . Now did He come to save all sinners without exception ? No He did not, for Matt 1:21 makes that pinpoint clear, however it is understood that the Father sent Him for this specific purpose,m to save sinners, that is the work the Father gave Him to do, not to attempt to do it, but to do it and finish it ! Jn 4:34

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Now either He finished the work the Father gave Him to do, which was to save sinners that were Lost, or He did not; Now if He did not save all sinners of whom the Father wanted to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4, after having finished His work, then Two things are amiss and defective of His Work #1. Christ lied when He said the words it is finished Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished or paid: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

#2. He failed to accomplish to accomplish the Fathers work which He gave Him to do; and hence scripture also lies when it states Christ was faithful to Him that appointed Him, or that the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand Heb 3:2;Isa 53:10 !

But I am here to Proclaim Loud and Clear, that when Christ died, His Father was Glorified in that matter, for His Justice was satisfied, His Law was magnified, and all the chosen sinners of God were saved. Now were the men of God sent forth to Preach Repentance and the Remission of sins, and all who Repent and Believe the Gospel do but give evidence of Having been saved by Christ's Finished Work, that Work which He said It is Finished to ! Jn 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Which work is this Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

That word seek means to Labor, to Work to Endeavor !

beloved57

What is the it which was imputed to Abraham ?

What is the it which was imputed to Abraham ?

Rom 4:20-22

What is the it here which was imputed to him for righteousness ? This word imputed is the greek word logizomai and means:

to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over

a) to take into account, to make an account of

1) metaph. to pass to one's account, to impute

2) a thing is reckoned as or to be something, i.e. as availing for or equivalent to something, as having the like force and weight

b) to number among, reckon with

c) to reckon or account

2) to reckon inward, count up or weigh the reasons, to deliberate

3) by reckoning up all the reasons, to gather or infer

a) to consider, take into account, weigh, meditate on

b) to suppose, deem, judge

c) to determine, purpose, decide

It was the object of Abraham's Faith, the Promise. What was Abraham promised ? Lk 1:67-73

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

That Promise was Christ Our Righteousness ! 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Abraham looked for the promise mercy of Christ being his Righteousness and Sanctification or Holiness before God !

That is the it that was imputed to Abraham for Righteousness, the promised mercy.

Abraham like any other believer had the Righteousness of God revealed to him by the Gospel, for it is written Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

And like it was in the day of Paul and forward the Gospel is according to Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Christ's imputed Righteousness was revealed to Abraham in the Gospel Preached to him, and that is the it, that was imputed to him for Righteousness. For only Two things are ever referred to in scripture as imputed, that be sin and Righteousness, faith is not imputed, it is given !

Rom 4:3

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Again what is the it that was counted or imputed to him for Righteousness ? It was the Promise that was believed, that was his Righteousness. God unconditionally stated to him Gen 15:1

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Now Paul asked Rom 4:4

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

God did not announce to Abraham that He was his exceeding great reward because of anything Abraham did or believed, but it was an announcement of God's Grace unto him.

God first announced this great blessing to Abraham here Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

All this being revealed to Abraham was God's Sovereign promising, and what had already been settled in His Eternal Decrees, He was now only beginning to reveal to Abraham his interest in these Eternal settlements !

Last edited:

beloved57

What is the it which was imputed to Abraham ?cont

What is the it which was imputed to Abraham ?cont

So what it is, it is that Faith merely discerns that which God hath imputed of Christ Righteousness 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Faith embraces this imputed Righteousness of God that is revealed to Faith from Faith by the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God is not offered or made available to faith, but it is revealed ! The word revealed is the greek word apokalyptō:

to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up

a) disclose, make bare

2) to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

It the Gospel, makes known or discovers to Faith that Righteousness of God that has been charged to your account because Christ was made sin for you as an Individual and because of that you have been made the Righteousness of God in Him. The disclosing of it is not the cause of it !

The fact that the Righteousness is revealed from to faith lets us know for sure that faith is not the Righteousness itself !

Last edited:

beloved57

That righteousness might be imputed unto them also

That righteousness might be imputed unto them also

Rom 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also

The whole seed Elect believes in time because Righteousness has been imputed to them also !

All down through the end of the age ! And so wherever the Righteousness of God has been imputed [2 Cor 5:21], the Spirit of God shall be given to effect Faith that it will be realized, even down to the end of the age. Now understand, the Righteousness has always been Imputed, just as their sins had always been imputed to Christ, but not the Grace of the Spirit that reveals it to them in their Lifetime according to God's Time and Purpose for them !