Free will is simply....

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Catholic families baptize their kids while they're still infants. Makes sense why they do that, given what you say here.

It’s definitely not worth arguing since many loving good men and women have lost children. But when people start getting into it and then diss each other I bring this up. Because if it’s true that everyone is born dead and already condemned then it fuels the predestination doctrine.

What I end up with as a moderate Calvinist aka 4 point C’st. Is the question; How can God be just and fair if there are those who lived and died without hearing of Him and His free gift of salvation?

However, our proper attitude towards God is as follows; God in His love reaches into the mass of humanity and saved some.

The improper attitude is to force a created being’s understanding of right or wrong upon God’s workings because they are based in the human emotions and are looking up from the creation’s vantage point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I repeat, Catholic means universal. You are talking about the cult Roman Catholics.
Catholics are those who've been confirmed by Catholic clergy, and received their first Holy Communion. 'Those who believe in Christ' are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

Truster

Catholics are those who've been confirmed by Catholic clergy, and received their first Holy Communion. 'Those who believe in Christ' are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

Catholic means universal and nothing else. When used with the term Roman it denotes the Roman Catholic cult. That is a fact.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Catholic means universal and nothing else. When used with the term Roman it denotes the Roman Catholic cult. That is a fact.

The word Catholic means Catholic Church; however, the word 'catholic' means all-embracing, universal

Idolater

It’s definitely not worth arguing since many loving good men and women have lost children. But when people start getting into it and then diss each other I bring this up. Because if it’s true that everyone is born dead and already condemned then it fuels the predestination doctrine.
Doesn't it also equally fuel baptizing infants?
What I end up with as a moderate Calvinist aka 4 point C’st. Is the question; How can God be just and fair if there are those who lived and died without hearing of Him and His free gift of salvation?
John 5:46-47 KJV "had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" Luke 16:31 KJV "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." I think they hear the Gospel after death. There will still be those who will choose to not believe, even in that case, because there are those who wouldn't believe even 'though one rose from the dead.' One did!
However, our proper attitude towards God is as follows; God in His love reaches into the mass of humanity and saved some.

The improper attitude is to force a created being’s understanding of right or wrong upon God’s workings because they are based in the human emotions and are looking up from the creation’s vantage point.

from my iPhone
All those He saves are individual members of the one Body of Christ, the Church. They are all 'those who believe in Christ.'

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Limbo of Infants (Latin limbus infantium or limbus puerorum) is a hypothesis about the permanent status of the unbaptized who die in infancy, too young to have committed personal sins, but not having been freed from original sin.

Recent Catholic theological speculation tends to stress the hope, though not the certainty, that these infants may attain heaven instead of the supposed state of Limbo.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo
While the Catholic Church has a defined doctrine on original sin, it has none on the eternal fate of unbaptized infants, leaving theologians free to propose different theories, which magisterium is free to accept or reject. Limbo is one such theory

Limbo is one defense that the sin of Adam is visited on the children, yet Limbo is not scripture, even the Catholics reject it in part today.

Original sin dies with Christ and what remains is the human will to sin.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Try reading the posts before posting.

Sometimes it is just not going to work out that way. What I said was true.

Also, the first Christians were not Romans, and later, the Roman Optimates, who feared the German tribes used Christianity to control a more powerful enemy. This was when Christianity became a means of social control.

Idolater

The term church is English and its meaning is pagan. The true term is ecclesia.
Not in my non-Catholic Bible it's not. Are you suggesting that Christ was speaking Greek or Latin in Matthew 16:18 KJV?

Truster

Proverbs 5:22
"His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins".

In vain doth he think to disentangle himself from his lusts by repenting when he grows in years, and to escape punishments; for he is in perfect bondage to his lusts, and is neither able nor willing to set himself at liberty; and if he do escape the rage of a jealous husband, and the sentence of the magistrate, yet he shall be infallibly overtaken by the righteous judgment of God.(MP)

Free will might allow a man to be fooled by religion, but free will does not deliver a man from his sin.

Truster

Not in my non-Catholic Bible it's not. Are you suggesting that Christ was speaking Greek or Latin in Matthew 16:18 KJV?

Ecclesia is a singular transliterated noun and refers to the congregation of Messianists and corresponds to the Hebrew word congregation. Ecclesia means a congregation or assembly of people that have been called out. Called out of darkness into light and called out of death unto life. It hasn't happened to you or you would love the truth instead of opposing it.

"...and upon this rock I shall build my ecclesia..."