Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

So the Bible was being ironic with that first part?

If you have repented (stopped sinning - your definition), then there would be no more sinning from you because you have repented (stopped sinning - your definition).
So you are either going to have to say you have not repented (stopped sinning - your definition), or you are going to have to change your definition of "repented".

No, the Bible tells the truth and I repeat what it says.

Truster

Do you think Tambora forgot how you before said she was not saved? Why not remind her?

Still waiting.

For a definitive answer as to what "you" think sin is.

Do you sin.. Yes/No

Give a reason for the hope that is in you or the hopelessness you feel.

Still waiting.

Do you sin.. Yes/No

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't worry, God is keeping track, and all will be exposed in the Light.
There is nothing to expose in Christ Jesus.
And that's where I am because I trust in HIS righteousness and obedience, not mine.

Remember, GT, it is by the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT HINT HINT - Pay close attention, GT.
That one does not include the righteousness and obedience of YOU, GT.

God's Truth

What a hateful comment that was uncalled for. All of your sins will be brought to light and punished as they should be as you refused to see your sins as you gleefully point to unknown sins in others whom you have never met.

You call God's Word hateful.

Ephesians 5:13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible--and everything that is illuminated
becomes a light.

If you could see, you would see that you spoke against the Truth.

God's Truth

And that's where I am because I trust in HIS righteousness and obedience, not mine.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT HINT HINT - Pay close attention, GT.
That one does not include the righteousness and obedience of YOU, GT.

Jesus obeyed and tells us to obey too.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus obeyed
Yep. And it is by HIS obedience, not yours, that saves.
and tells us to obey too.
But you kept sinning and had to keep repenting.
In other words, you failed.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.
If you sinned after the first time your repented (and you did), you are a failure.

So whose obedience are you going to rely on now, GT???????
Are you finally going to rely on the one, or are you still going to plug your own obedience in there?

marhig

OK, you still sin.

So let's back up a second.

Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT turning from sins?
Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT doing the will of GOD?
Here's the difference, a wrong thought could enter my mind, I might do something wrong then realise later, say something that is wrong without thinking, etc. These are sins that I didn't do intentionally. When I realise I've done wrong, I go to God and say sorry and put it right if i can.

What I can't do, is stand there and knowing it's wrong to do something before God and do it regardless. Can you?

I can't sleep but I'm going back to try :)

marhig

I don't know how Marhig will answer. But I don't keep a tally of my sins or my so called "good works". Nor do I try and catorgorize sins into willful and unwillful.
ALL my sins needed to be dealt with, and they were by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
So I have no need to keep a tally of which side of the scales is level enough.
Here you go

2 Corinthians 5

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done I have body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad

Ok I'm off

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But everything can be tested by the light and thus be shown in its true colors; for whatever shines of itself is light.
And Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

But the Lord Jesus Christ still paid thefullprice for every single one of my sins, leaving me with nothing to pay.
The ones I remember and the ones I don't remember, the ones I did willfully and the ones I did in ignorance.
Every single one of them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here you go

2 Corinthians 5

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done I have body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Here you go.

MY obedience and righteousness is not even in the equation.

Truster

But everything can be tested by the light and thus be shown in its true colors; for whatever shines of itself is light.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us*.

us* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

A few weeks after my conversion I told a friend that I was thinking of going to the police station and reporting my sins missing. This is something you can't understand. The lack of guilt is tangible.

God's Truth

Still waiting.

Do you sin.. Yes/No

Still waiting.

Do you sin.. Yes/No

I will give you an example.

It is sin to tell people they cannot believe in God after being taught.

It is sin to tell others that they cannot repent of their sins.

God's Truth

That is not what scripture says. Paul warns you to obey:

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and

God's Truth

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us*.

us* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

God's Truth

If you keep sinning, then God will remember, so you will have to repent of your sins even after a person is saved. The saved work out their salvation, they train themselves.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's the difference, a wrong thought could enter my mind, I might do something wrong then realise later, say something that is wrong without thinking, etc. These are sins that I didn't do intentionally. When I realise I've done wrong, I go to God and say sorry and put it right if i can.
You sin. I get that. No problem with that.

What I can't do, is stand there and knowing it's wrong to do something before God and do it regardless. Can you?
I trust that the Lord Jesus Christ paid the debt IN FULL.
That is is by HIS obedience and righteousness, and none of mine. (Romans 5:18-19)

In other words, in Christ I have no debt at all.
And if I were to think I did, then it would not be grace (UNMERITED favor).

Romans 4:4-6 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

And let me add verse 6 so you can see about David.

(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

David was not imputed righteousness because of his deeds (his deeds were atrocious and they deserved death that the law GOD prescribed says should have happened to him).
He stopped doing that sin for the simple fact that the man was dead and David could murder him no more.
David murdered that man because he coveted and lusted after his wife and had sex with her and got her pregnant.
But he did not stop coveting her and having sex with her.

And STILL, GOD imputed righteousness to him.
Not because of David's regret, but because David fully trusted in the only one that could save - the Lord and Savior. (Romans 5:18-19)

I can't sleep but I'm going back to try :)
Sweet dreams.
TOL will still be here tomorrow.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not what scripture says.
Yes it is.

Here it is again for you, GT.

How do you get that it is not by the righteousness and obedience of one, when that is exactly what scripture says?????

Oh, I forgot, you don't believe scripture and always want to add your own righteousness and obedience in there.

Well, at least it there for others to see your glaring error.

That one still ain't you, GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.