Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is my incomplete understanding. Repentance means to see yourself in God's eyes in regards to sin. You feel great sorrow for the spiritual condition you are in and then a feeling of utter helplessness to overcome your condition.

Sent from my XT1254 using TOL mobile app
I kinda agree, but kinda don't.

I do believe we are to see ourselves as GOD sees us. In GOD's eyes we are blameless because the Lord Jesus Christ is blameless. and He is the one that stands in our place at judgment.
Reminesant of the spotless lamb that stood in for the sins of GOD's people and received the penalty of death so the people could live.
That doesn't make me feel helpless, it makes me feel joyful.

But if you mean "helpless" in the sense that I could not have done what Christ accomplished for me, then yeah. But only for a second before that great joy sank in.
The law condemns to death, but the spotless lamb was the one that the sins of GOD's people were placed upon and was put to death so GOD's people could live.

ClimateSanity

I kinda agree, but kinda don't.

I do believe we are to see ourselves as GOD sees us. In GOD's eyes we are blameless because the Lord Jesus Christ is blameless. and He is the one that stands in our place at judgment.
Reminesant of the spotless lamb that stood in for the sins of GOD's people and received the penalty of death so the people could live.
That doesn't make me feel helpless, it makes me feel joyful.

But if you mean "helpless" in the sense that I could not have done what Christ accomplished for me, then yeah. But only for a second before that great joy sank in.
The law condemns to death, but the spotless lamb was the one that the sins of GOD's people were placed upon and was put to death so GOD's people could live.
It's difficult to describe. All I know for sure, is that I recognize it when I see it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does that mean that you no longer sin?

Nope I still sin, but hopefully, by the power of the Spirit not wilfully!
OK, you still sin.

So let's back up a second.

If we change our mind then surely we should be regretting living wrong and turn from our sins!

When Jesus told us to repent, he meant that we are to turn from our sins. And live by the will of God!
Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT turning from sins?
Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT doing the will of GOD?

God's Truth

OK, you still sin.

So let's back up a second.

Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT turning from sins?
Wouldn't you think that "still sinning" is NOT doing the will of GOD?

The Bible says we are not to sin again, but IF we do, then we can find forgiveness.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Funny how that works eh Tambora?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many times an hour do you sin?
I don't know how Marhig will answer. But I don't keep a tally of my sins or my so called "good works". Nor do I try and catorgorize sins into willful and unwillful.
ALL my sins needed to be dealt with, and they were by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
So I have no need to keep a tally of which side of the scales is level enough.

God's Truth

I don't know how Marhig will answer. But I don't keep a tally of my sins or my so called "good works". Nor do I try and catorgorize sins into willful and unwillful.
ALL my sins needed to be dealt with, and they were by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Don't worry, God is keeping track, and all will be exposed in the Light.

Truster

Tambora,

Could you tell me the difference between king Saul and his sin from that of king David and his sins?

The sin was the same and deserved condemnation. However the men were different. Saul was an unrepentant sinner set for destruction by the hand of Yah Veh Elohim. David was set for repentance.

God's Truth

The sin was the same and deserved condemnation. However the men were different. Saul was an unrepentant sinner set for destruction by the hand of Yah Veh Elohim. David was set for repentance.

No, God did not make David repent. God forgave David because he repented.

You have an evil teaching for sure.

Truster

I was utilizing hyperbole.

ClimateSanity

Don't worry, God is keeping track, and all will be exposed in the Light.
What a hateful comment that was uncalled for. All of your sins will be brought to light and punished as they should be as you refused to see your sins as you gleefully point to unknown sins in others whom you have never met.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible says we are not to sin again, So why do you still sin? but IF we do, then we can find forgiveness.
So the Bible was being ironic with that first part?

If you have repented (stopped sinning - your definition), then there would be no more sinning from you because you have repented (stopped sinning - your definition).
So you are either going to have to say you have not repented (stopped sinning - your definition), or you are going to have to change your definition of "repented".

Status
Not open for further replies.