Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

So a man's salvation is not dependent on what he believes?

Absolutely 100% not. The principle by which a man is saved is trust. It is the trust of Messiah that justifies and then passes from Him to the sinner in regeneration. Trust is the proof of regeneration and not the cause of it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It isn't made up. Look at the scriptures I gave you. Spell out the scripture about Christ in the desert and prove it isn't God.

I am waiting.

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

Exodus 17:2
Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Psalm 106:14
But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Psalm 95:9
"When your fathers tested Me, They tried Me, though they had seen My work.

Now show where those scriptures mean the anointed, as anyone else can be.

Already done:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?124392-Foundation&p=5003382&viewfull=1#post5003382

Truster

How can it be nonsense when it's the truth.

When we have planted a seed into the ground what happens? God has to send the sun and the rain on that ground for the seed to grow from the darkness into the light.

Can we control the natural sun and the rain no just as we can't do it spiritually unless God's word is coming every day and using the Son to show it's beauty? once it comes into the light.

John 3:8

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

You are applying scriptures to yourself. They don't apply to you.

God's Truth

He loves and knows us, it's us not loving and knowing him, God loves the whole world!

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You cannot dismiss scripture just because you do not understand it.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,
John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and
1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

God loves those who love Him. God doesn't even know you personally if you do not obey.

marhig

You cannot dismiss scripture just because you do not understand it.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,
John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and
1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

God loves those who love Him. God doesn't even know you personally if you do not obey.
So do you really believe the God doesn't love everyone? Wouldn't you care for others even if they didn't know God?

God's Truth

Absolutely 100% not. The principle by which a man is saved is trust. It is the trust of Messiah that justifies and then passes from Him to the sinner in regeneration. Trust is the proof of regeneration and not the cause of it.

2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Truster

So a man's salvation is not dependent on what he believes?

You used the last will and testament example last week and I recognised the teaching. I was suspicious at the time that you were just repeating something you'd read and did not understand. Your question here has proven me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.