Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

Because you said you can't see yourself getting saved without the Holy Spirit.

Since when do people get saved without the Holy Spirit?
GT, I've just been speaking to my mum, and she has explained it brilliantly. This is exactly how I feel too.

This is what my mum said

When it says be ye holy as your heavenly father is holy doesn't mean holy in the flesh it means holy before God trying to keep the heart right before God and giving Gods word as he's giving you, giving you the holy things as Jesus said without the father I can do nothing but with his father he can do everything being holy in the spirit but humble in the flesh.

The devil has it wrong through his people he's being holy in the flesh but evil in the spirit.

I thought that was a great way to explain it :)

ClimateSanity

No one gets saved unless they do what the Way says, the Way tells us how to get saved.

He says to believe and repent and to call upon him.

After we are saved, we have his Spirit living in us, and the love we have in us compels us to obey.

God does not obey for us. God does not make us obey.
As I said....no holy spirit needed for you.....just obedience.

God's Truth

GT, I've just been speaking to my mum, and she has explained it brilliantly. This is exactly how I feel too.

This is what my mum said

When it says be ye holy as your heavenly father is holy doesn't mean holy in the flesh it means holy before God trying to keep the heart right before God and giving Gods word as he's giving you, giving you the holy things as Jesus said without the father I can do nothing but with his father he can do everything being holy in the spirit but humble in the flesh.

The devil has it wrong through his people he's being holy in the flesh but evil in the spirit.

I thought that was a great way to explain it :)

With all due respect to your mum, the Bible says to be holy in spirit and in the flesh.

marhig

I don't get it? We are talking about being saved. Who is thinking we can be holy without God?
That's what I mean, we can't, so it's only him that is holy. He's teaching and guiding us from within, and we have to obey him.

There's no point in going on and on, I've said what I mean, and I've tried to explain what I believe. And that's all I can do. I'm not going to argue over it.

I have to do what I believe is right before God, just as you do.

God's Truth

Well, you will have to see me as your believe me to be, but I know that once I start seeing myself as holy, then that's the day a start to fall.
Why would believing God's word make you fall?
I would think that a person believing God's word that they are holy that it would make them more careful, or responsible.
Because I know my flesh and I know that without God that I would be worse than most people, so I can't say that I am holy in anyway whatsoever.

We are to forget what is behind.

But I'm talking about myself and no-one else. I walk along when I'm out and about, and I don't see myself as better than any other person, no-one at all and I believe that no-one is better than me either.

Well when you are out and about, you cannot always tell who is saved and who is not.

And I love that, because that means I can talk to anyone about God whosoever they are when I get the chance.

My mum said a good thing to me when I was younger, she said that we are only dust, but once we have the Spirit of God within our hearts we are then like gold dust.

She means that it's all the workings of God that creates the new creature. And we must obey what he tells us to do.

Sounds like good advice from your mum. I wish my mom was still alive. She passed away when I was 24.

God's Truth

That's what I mean, we can't, so it's only him that is holy. He's teaching and guiding us from within, and we have to obey him.

There's no point in going on and on, I've said what I mean, and I've tried to explain what I believe. And that's all I can do. I'm not going to argue over it.

I have to do what I believe is right before God, just as you do.

I only believe and do what God says. His words are Spirit and life.

marhig

Why would believing God's word make you fall?
I would think that a person believing God's word that they are holy that it would make them more careful, or responsible.

We are to forget what is behind.

Well when you are out and about, you cannot always tell who is saved and who is not.

Sounds like good advice from your mum. I wish my mom was still alive. She passed away when I was 24.

I can believe all I want, but it's the doing of God's word that stops me from falling and by the power of his Spirit! Listening to him and obeying him and he strengthens me to overcome.

And I don't think about who is saved or not. I don't look at others like that. I just look at everyone in that God loves them all and that he wants them all back.

I was walking in town one day and it was packed, really busy. I hadn't known God long and my heart and mind was thinking about him and as I was looking at all the people, a sudden overwhelming feeling came over me, like a strong feeling of love and compassion, and I looked around at all the people and thought "God wants you all back" I saw for the first time that God loves everybody. And I thought he just wants us to love him back. And honestly when I realised how much love God has for us all, and how much he cares, tears started streaming down my face, and I had this overwhelming emotion filling me, and since then I don't look at anyone differently, and I care about everyone whoever they are. Because I know that God loves us all.

He shines the sun and sends the rain on all of us, and we should love and care for one another as he loves us.

And yes, I'm blessed having my mum :) I'm sorry you lost your mum so young x

God's Truth

I can believe all I want, but it's the doing of God's word that stops me from falling and by the power of his Spirit! Listening to him and obeying him and he strengthens me to overcome.

And I don't think about who is saved or not. I don't look at others like that. I just look at everyone in that God loves them all and that he wants them all back.

I was walking in town one day and it was packed, really busy. I hadn't known God long and my heart and mind was thinking about him and as I was looking at all the people, a sudden overwhelming feeling came over me, like a strong feeling of love and compassion, and I looked around at all the people and thought "God wants you all back" I saw for the first time that God loves everybody. And I thought he just wants us to love him back. And honestly when I realised how much love God has for us all, and how much he cares, tears started streaming down my face, and I had this overwhelming emotion filling me, and since then I don't look at anyone differently, and I care about everyone whoever they are. Because I know that God loves us all.

He shines the sun and sends the rain on all of us, and we should love and care for one another as he loves us.

That is really beautiful what you say. God does want everyone saved.
However, God does not know personally those who reject Him. We are known by God and loved by God when we love/obey Jesus.

John 16:27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Paul says may those who do not love the Lord be cursed.

1 Corinthians 16:22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be cursed! Come, Lord!

Paul does say though to love everyone, and especially the believers.

Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

So while I do not walk around trying to figure out who is saved are not, I do know that the saved are different and those living sinful lives rejecting Christ are in danger.

I remember not long after I got saved, I was driving in my car to get groceries; I was in the parking lot and there were a lot of people around walking in and walking out of the store. All of a sudden it was like I could hear every negative and sinful thoughts they all were thinking. I believe God drew my attention to what they all might be thinking because He did not want my thoughts to be like theirs anymore. So I trained myself to only think of what is lovely and true.

But anyways, you got me thinking about that from what you said. lol
That is another reason why I try to get others here to stop running me down when they discuss the scriptures. It is a constant attack on my thoughts and I just really want to talk about the scriptures with the joy that it gives me.
And yes, I'm blessed having my mum :) I'm sorry you lost your mum so young x
Thank you.

marhig

That is really beautiful what you say. God does want everyone saved.
However, God does not know personally those who reject Him. We are known by God and loved by God when we love/obey Jesus.

John 16:27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Paul says may those who do not love the Lord be cursed.

1 Corinthians 16:22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be cursed! Come, Lord!

Paul does say though to love everyone, and especially the believers.

Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

So while I do not walk around trying to figure out who is saved are not, I do know that the saved are different and those living sinful lives rejecting Christ are in danger.

I remember not long after I got saved, I was driving in my car to get groceries; I was in the parking lot and there were a lot of people around walking in and walking out of the store. All of a sudden it was like I could hear every negative and sinful thoughts they all were thinking. I believe God drew my attention to what they all might be thinking because He did not want my thoughts to be like theirs anymore. So I trained myself to only think of what is lovely and true.

But anyways, you got me thinking about that from what you said. lol
That is another reason why I try to get others here to stop running me down when they discuss the scriptures. It is a constant attack on my thoughts and I just really want to talk about the scriptures with the joy that it gives me.

Thank you.

I look at it this way, God loves us so much that he sent Christ Jesus to preach the gospel and save sinners. So he loves everyone and wants us all back.

But yes, it's those who reject God that God is most angry with, those who know the truth and don't live by his will.

And yes, those rejecting God in any way are in danger because they are throwing away such a blessing, I just hope that one day they will know the truth, and all the we can do is try and be there for them live it and speak it, and keep hoping and praying that one day they will know God. Everything is in his hands though, so we just speak the word and live by it, and then leave everything else to him.

I have to go, speak to you soon :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
GT,

this is my plea to you.

Please don't be so offended when you think you are being attacked especially who are trying to support your effort to spread obedience to Jesus. They are super minority. It is not good to chase away those super minority just because your feelings got hurt.

We are all trying to be true to God and Jesus. We should over look non-essential things.

We need to try to be humble with what we say and deeds.

God looks into our hearts whether we are sincerely serving Him or just for our own emotions or egos..

It seems that pops decided to leave the forum.

I would like you to try to make amend with him.

love in Christ.

hitomi

Status
Not open for further replies.