Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

You are speaking from the view point of your own perceived perfection. :vomit:

Paul says his body is a slave so that while he saves others he won't be disqualified.

1 Corinthians 9:27
but I hit hard and straight at my own body and lead it off into slavery, lest possibly, after I have been a herald to others, I should myself be rejected.

Truster

Paul says his body is a slave so that while he saves others he won't be disqualified.

1 Corinthians 9:27
but I hit hard and straight at my own body and lead it off into slavery, lest possibly, after I have been a herald to others, I should myself be rejected.

Do you sin?

God's Truth

Do you really believe that after Jesus saved Paul, that he did not do good but rather he did evil? Do you really believe that Paul is speaking of his life AFTER Jesus saved him? Do you really believe that Paul, having died to sin, still has sin living in him? That is nonsense! You have allowed yourself this benefit of blindness to this passage.

Truster

Do you really believe that after Jesus saved Paul, that he did not do good but rather he did evil? Do you really believe that Paul is speaking of his life AFTER Jesus saved him? Do you really believe that Paul, having died to sin, still has sin living in him? That is nonsense! You have allowed yourself this benefit of blindness to this passage.

You think you've "stopped sinning".

marhig

Hi Marhig,

Paul believed and obeyed Jesus, and then Jesus saved him by giving him the Holy Spirit. He then spent his life obeying God and preaching the gospel.

But Paul couldn't clean his heart without the Holy Spirit, and this is what I mean, it's the Spirit within that's holy, not us. Yes he cleanses our heart, but we still sin, (hopefully not wilfully) and without him we would be much much worse. It's only by the power of God that we can do anything. So what I mean is, it's Christ in and through us that people should be seeing and not us, and that is how we are seen as holy. Do you see what I'm trying to say? It's probably the way I'm explaining myself.

GT I'm not getting at you, I'm only trying to explain myself, so please don't think that I am.

God's Truth

But Paul couldn't clean his heart without the Holy Spirit, and this is what I mean, it's the Spirit within that's holy, not us. Yes he cleanses our heart, but we still sin, (hopefully not wilfully) and without him we would be much much worse. It's only by the power of God that we can do anything. So what I mean is, it's Christ in and through us that people should be seeing and not us, and that is how we are seen as holy. Do you see what I'm trying to say? It's probably the way I'm explaining myself.

GT I'm not getting at you, I'm only trying to explain myself, so please don't think that I am.

No, the Bible says plainly, clearly that Jesus makes 'us' holy.

I go only by the scriptures and not by what other people say or feel.

The saved are plainly told the we are made holy by Jesus' suffering, body, and blood.

Paul plainly calls the saved 'holy', and 'saints'.

One has to trust God and not try to make what He says null.

Truster

The Eternal restrains most people from gross sin otherwise we'd all be locked in our homes out of fear. Restraint of sin is not deliverance from sin.

Add restraint from sin to the general revelation and you have a false salvation.

Selah.

Truster

The saved are plainly told the we are made holy by Jesus' suffering, body, and blood.

Motor mouth.

marhig

I see that the blood of Christ as his life within, and that's how we are cleansed.

So we'll have to disagree on this as I don't see myself as holy at all, as I know that my flesh is like. It's only Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit within me that is holy.

But I'm not going to argue over it, I only wanted to explain what I was trying to say.

marhig

The Eternal restrains most people from gross sin otherwise we'd all be locked in our homes out of fear. Restraint of sin is not deliverance from sin.

Add restraint from sin to the general revelation and you have a false salvation.

Selah.
If God is restraining us, then he is delivering us from it!

What do you think it means to be not of this world?

God's Truth

I see that the blood of Christ as his life within, after that's how we are cleansed.

So we'll have to disagree on this as I don't see myself as holy at all, as I know that my flesh is like. It's only Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit within me that is holy.

But I'm not going to argue over it, I only wanted to explain what I was trying to say.

I understand what you are saying. I see you as having misplaced humility and you are lessening the effect of Christ' suffering and blood. You refuse to believe what is plainly written, and you are arguing about my standing up for the truth.

I hope that was not too rough for you. I just wanted to defend the scriptures.

Status
Not open for further replies.