Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

I am sorry meshak, but I must disagree.

I find that a complete reading of the chapters and books asosiated with St. Paul, in no particular order, and with no preconceived bias whatsoever due to ones own interactions with man, leads to the conclusion that he indeed does speak towards not only humility, but servitude, as in thankful, joyful, obideince.

Perhaps we could maybe bring up some sections, or reference some, to show the reasons we may understand the scriptures in such a way?

peace friend

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

peace friend and then mule. Hypocrite.

God's Truth

Through carnal eyes it is, obviously, but Paul and David had something else that was conveyed by the Mind of the Spirit.

No, the Bible says plainly 'heart', and it is where are feelings reside, and the Holy Spirit. It is also where sin comes from.

glorydaz

So you get it that Paul tells us many things to do and not to do?

I get what you never will. You see the law everywhere you look. Paul tells us we are not under the law, but under Grace. He gives guidance to the church....he teaches us about the liberty we have in Christ Jesus, and explains what it means to be a member of the body of Christ.

You couldn't even understand what Paul is saying in this verse. That's clear from what you just said. Happy is he that does not put himself back under the law...for it condemneth. Just look what it's done to you. :nono:

Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.​

Truster

No, the Bible says plainly 'heart', and it is where are feelings reside, and the Holy Spirit. It is also where sin comes from.

You sound just like Humpty Dumpty when he said, "words mean what I say they mean and nothing else" ...."and all the King's horses and all the King's men, couldn't put Humpty together again."

Selah.

Truster

Paul never calls himself a sinner in Christ.

He did not keep doing the sins that earned him the self given name chief of sinners.

Do you really think that he did?

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." and so on...

God's Truth

I get what you never will. You see the law everywhere you look. Paul tells us we are not under the law, but under Grace.

Paul says we are under God's law.

He gives guidance to the church....he teaches us about the liberty we have in Christ Jesus, and explains what it means to be a member of the body of Christ.

You couldn't even understand what Paul is saying in this verse. That's clear from what you just said. Happy is he that does not put himself back under the law...for it condemneth. Just look what it's done to you. :nono:
That is about eating meat and drinking wine.

God's Truth

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." and so on...

Paul is speaking about when he was not saved, when he was a faithless person under the oldlaw. He is speaking in a very exaggerated way to get the point across concerning what it was like before being saved.

God's Truth

You sound just like Humpty Dumpty when he said, "words mean what I say they mean and nothing else" ...."and all the King's horses and all the King's men, couldn't put Humpty together again."

Selah.

The word heart means the organ in our body that pumps blood.

Truster

Paul is speaking about when he was not saved, when he was a faithless person under the oldlaw. He is speaking in a very exaggerated way to get the point across concerning what it was like before being saved.

Paul was speaking about himself after his conversion, because before he was saved he considered himself "according to the law perfect".

Philippians 3:6kjv

God's Truth

Can you imagine Paul doing horrific sinful things, yet preaching Christ died for our sins?

Romans 2:14 As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Do you really think Paul is going to be the cause of people blaspheming God?!!!

Can you imagine Paul putting hands on others and others keeping his filthy stained in corruption handkerchief to have a healing?

Jude 1:23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Acts 19:12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

God's Truth

Paul had the peaceful fruit of righteousness. See Hebrews 12:11.

Isaiah 32:17
The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.

2 Timothy 4:8
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Truster

PS

what Paul was suffering from is termed besetting sin and it's something the redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners have until the moment we die. You are obviously a stranger to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.