Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it is.

"Who is over all, God blessed for ever (ho on epi pantōn theos eulogētos). A clear statement of the deity of Christ following the remark about his humanity. This is the natural and the obvious way of punctuating the sentence."- Greek scholar A.T. Robertson- "Robertson's Word Pictures"

Anointed does not mean God like you say. King David was anointed too but he was not God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who is Christ in 1 Corinthians 10:9?

That scripture does not say any of the words you just said.

1Co 10:9 NeitherG3366 let us temptG1598 Christ,G5547 asG2531 someG5100 of themG846 alsoG2532 tempted,G3985 andG2532 were destroyedG622 ofG5259 serpents.G3789

"G5547

Χριστός
Christós; fem. christḗ, neut. christón, adj. from chríō (G5548), to anoint. Anointed, a term used in the OT applied to everyone anointed with the holy oil, primarily to the high priesthood (Lev_4:5, Lev_4:16). Also a name applied to others acting as redeemers.
(I) As an appellative and with the art. ho, the, Christós, Christ, it occurs chiefly in the Gospels and means the Messiah..."- Strongs Concordance

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Correct!

First use in the Bible is when Jacob anointed a rock which he had slept on.
King Saul was Messiah/LXX Christ.
King Cyrus of Persia was GOD's anointed/Messiah/Christ.
And many others.

So you admit that Paul did not call Jesus "God"?

popsthebuilder

You claimed that Paul still regarded himself as the chief of sinners, as if he still was doing the things that gave him that title.

Paul considered himself holy.
1 Corinthians: 9. 19. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Did you see that?

The rest pertains to obideince as I'm sure you know.

20. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21. To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. 24. Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 27. But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corinthians: 10. 4-33 speaks of both willfulness to submit to, and follow ones own selfless conscience and too speaks again of humility near the end.

Against my own wishes, I didn't post it all....I sure wanted to.

2 Corinthians: 12. 5. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. 6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. 11. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Speaking of humility
Hebrews: 2. 2. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 3. How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Sorry, more about obideince...I didn't think you would mind.

Look; St. Paul regarded himself as the chief apostle and sinner, and repeatedly states that he is humble in many ways.

He doesn't take pride in himself to me. Could you perhaps provide scripture saying he thought he himself was Holy. I don't doubt it, just don't recall running into it.

I did find good points on obideince though.

What do you think?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Stop trying to defer from your lack of excitement over Jesus' blood making the saved holy.

If you do not find that Truth humbling then you have problems.

No one should deny the truth and go against my speaking it just because it makes you feel weird.

Why would I not be happy about any whatsoever being Holy?

My point stands; we are not to regard OURSELVES as holy.

That's all there is to it.

Like it or lump it. I'm sure you'll choose the latter.

God's Truth

Why would I not be happy about any whatsoever being Holy?

My point stands; we are not to regard OURSELVES as holy.

That's all there is to it.

Like it or lump it. I'm sure you'll choose the latter.

I go by what God says and I repeat it, no matter how bad it makes you feel.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians: 9. 19. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Did you see that?

The rest pertains to obideince as I'm sure you know.

20. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21. To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. 24. Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 27. But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corinthians: 10. 4-33 speaks of both willfulness to submit to, and follow ones own selfless conscience and too speaks again of humility near the end.

Against my own wishes, I didn't post it all....I sure wanted to.

2 Corinthians: 12. 5. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. 6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. 11. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Speaking of humility
Hebrews: 2. 2. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 3. How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Sorry, more about obideince...I didn't think you would mind.

Look; St. Paul regarded himself as the chief apostle and sinner, and repeatedly states that he is humble in many ways.

He doesn't take pride in himself to me. Could you perhaps provide scripture saying he thought he himself was Holy. I don't doubt it, just don't recall running into it.

I did find good points on obideince though.

What do you think?

I already showed you many scriptures where Paul says the saved are holy and he calls us saved 'holy'.

I also gave you many scriptures where Paul boasts in himself.

popsthebuilder

Why you want to ignore the scriptures is a sad day for you.

Believe what is written and don't be embarrassed or ashamed of it just because you think you know better.

Lean not on your own understanding...
What is it you think I deny again all while denying to even answer one of any simple questions of mine?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you admit that Paul did not call Jesus "God"?

No, I absolutely do not admit that Paul did not call the Lord Jesus, "GOD".

I've only said that the words 'Messiah/Christ' do not mean 'GOD'.
But I affirm that the man called Jesus Christ is fully GOD in the flesh.

Paul said that all things were created by the Father's Son and that the Son is before all things and by the Son all things are held together. If the Son existed before anything was created then He is necessarily GOD. If the Son holds the whole creation together then He is necessarily GOD.

Col 1:13 ... his dear Son:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God....
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

popsthebuilder

I already showed you many scriptures where Paul says the saved are holy and he calls us saved 'holy'.

I also gave you many scriptures where Paul boasts in himself.
Wow.....I think it's getting to you because of your own boasting and your name...it is quite proud.

Regardless, whatever.

You deny plain simple scripture yourself all while claiming I do such and providing no rebuttal whatsoever to my own words or scriptural references, bit that I am somehow wrong without evidences.

Boring....

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, I absolutely do not admit that Paul did not call the Lord Jesus, "GOD".

I've only said that the words 'Messiah/Christ' do not mean 'GOD'.
But I affirm that the man called Jesus Christ is fully GOD in the flesh.

Paul said that all things were created by the Father's Son and that the Son is before all things and by the Son all things are held together. If the Son existed before anything was created then He is necessarily GOD. If the Son holds the whole creation together then He is necessarily GOD.

Col 1:13 ... his dear Son:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God....
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

If Jesus was fully God, he was not qualified as the Lamb because He was meant to be replacement of Adam.

And Adam sure was not God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Wow.....I think it's getting to you because of your own boasting and your name...it is quite proud.

Regardless, whatever.

You deny plain simple scripture yourself all while claiming I do such and providing no rebuttal whatsoever to my own words or scriptural references, bit that I am somehow wrong without evidences.

Boring....

GT is doing the same thing as truster is doing.

God's Truth

Regardless, whatever.

Boring....

I think you are all that in which you exposed yourself as being.

Status
Not open for further replies.