Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

So, you two can either imagine Paul is saying he's the worst sinner, or he used to be the worst sinner, but you should look at the next verse where he explains he is the "FIRST" of a pattern to them who would come thereafter believing unto eternal life.

1 Timothy 1:14-16KJV

And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.​
I don't deny any of what he says. My emphasis on the subject of St. Paul and Christ at this time is their utter humility that nearly everyone seems unwilling to even admit.

This is a sad day indeed.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I don't deny any of what he says. My emphasis on the subject of St. Paul and Christ at this time is their utter humility that nearly everyone seems unwilling to even admit.

This is a sad day indeed.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Why you want to ignore the scriptures is a sad day for you.

Believe what is written and don't be embarrassed or ashamed of it just because you think you know better.

Lean not on your own understanding...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul was and still is a good teacher.
The problem was, Paul was dealing with dunderheads like many of us here on TOL are.

It is clear that you and Paul don't agree because you say Jesus is God but Paul did not. He called Jesus' Father "God" and Jesus is "Lord".

glorydaz

The New Testament says we are to obey the civil laws.

The Holy Spirit doesn't tell me to stop at stop signs...not does He tell me not to lie about my age....nor does He tell me not to murder or steal or shoot up heroin. He knows what it means to be a new creature....unlike you and those others who look to themselves for salvation.

Do you have any other great words of wisdom you think you need to convey over and over again, world without end, Amen?

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit doesn't tell me to stop at stop signs...not does He tell me not to lie about my age....nor does He tell me not to murder or steal or shoot up heroin. He knows what it means to be a new creature....unlike you and those others who look to themselves for salvation.

Do you have any other great words of wisdom you think you need to convey over and over again, world without end, Amen?

If the Holy Spirit doesn't have to tell us anything, then what are all those do this' and do thats' in the Bible?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Rom 9:5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

That's strange,

This is what I found:

Romans 9:5New King James Version (NKJV)

5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

It is not the same as yours. And it is not addressing Jesus is God.

God's Truth

That's strange,

This is what I found:

5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

Christ means God.

There is nothing wrong with calling the Christ 'God'.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's strange,

This is what I found:

Yes, it is.

"Who is over all, God blessed for ever (ho on epi pantōn theos eulogētos). A clear statement of the deity of Christ following the remark about his humanity. This is the natural and the obvious way of punctuating the sentence."- Greek scholar A.T. Robertson- "Robertson's Word Pictures"

glorydaz

That's strange,

This is what I found:

See? You can't even see it when it's sitting right in front of your face. That is blind, indeed.

God's Truth

Well... I would welcome your support concerning Christ's deity, but we've been over this before....Christ/Christos/Mashiach/Messiah does not mean GOD...it means 'anointed'.

Who is Christ in 1 Corinthians 10:9?

That scripture does not say any of the words you just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.