Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

I not condemning "people" I'm condemning YOU. I'm telling YOU to repent and trust in the evangelism of salvation that is conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
You've condemned my too, and anyone else that doesn't mindlessly agree with you.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

The nature of the word repentance makes it impossible that the Eternal Almighty should or indeed could repent. Therefore there must be a seed of confusion set by the translators and that is the case.

Jonah 3:10 should read as, "Elohim sighed of the evil..."

Jeremiah 18:10 "shall sigh of the good".

These both from nâcham to sigh or to breath strongly. Something all parents do with their children. There is another type of sigh and this can be understood as that sigh of love, that swooning that parents have at other times.
Repent is to see one's sin in the presence of light. Elohim is without sin and so there can be no need for Him to repent. Using the term repent has led to much confusion and many opinions. The fact of the matter is simple. The sigh of a Father over unruly or rebellious children fits the bill perfectly. In the 17 times repented is used in the OT sigh is what the original meaning conveys.

My pleasure.
Sorry, but I'm not seeing sigh.

peace
9988e09019e712de363617fab761e073.jpg
16a3c568e0a7275a9bd90a52861daf4a.jpg
1cf82000368b08c79bc12c9fe8114ae4.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Online searches dont normally give results other than what the secular compliers bother finding out. People are called to repent, but the Almighty sighs...get it?
Are you saying you have some special knowledge about a language that people who study it for a living don't?

popsthebuilder

Galatians 5:6 KJV

Got that? trust that "works" (exercise) by love.
Galatians: 5. 7. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 9. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 13. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh. 17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

A thing being brought about through love doesn't make love an exercise. It is an emotional. That we can exercise or not.

popsthebuilder

Online searches dont normally give results other than what the secular compliers bother finding out. People are called to repent, but the Almighty sighs...get it?
It's an Interlinear with every possible meaning of every word.

You didn't recognize it for some reason.

ClimateSanity

Madists say we do not have to repent from SINS.

They say 'repent' means we merely have to change our mind about God.

NONSENSE! Even the demons know God is One, and they are not saved.

We have to change our mind sins.

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."
John 8:21 Again He said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for Me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come."
Luke 13:2 To this He replied, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered this fate?

Luke 13:4 Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam collapsed on them: Do you think that they were more sinful than all the others living in Jerusalem?
Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
John 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."
John 8:11 "No one, Lord." she answered. "Neither do I condemn you." Jesus declared. "Now go and sin no more."
Are you saying we must repent of sins before we can be saved? I mean stop committing acts of sin. If that is what you mean, your list of verses do not support you.

God's Truth

Galatians 5:6 KJV

Got that? trust that "works" (exercise) by love.

Faith is expressed by love means that you cannot not obey God.
Jesus is love, His words are love.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know about that. I will not speak softly when Jesus' servants are insulted and belittled. They are doing that to Jesus, not any of us. Jesus says so.
It's ok, Meshak.
Your supporters don't give a flip if you teach errors about scripture or insult others, just as long as your words are a tad nicer.

Truster

Faith is expressed by love means that you cannot not obey God.
Jesus is love, His words are love.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

You really messed that up. What you proved is a complete lack of spiritual understanding in juggling words to suit your opinion. You don't care about the truth, because the truth has never set you free.

God's Truth

If you think you can "change your mind" in repentance then do it. I'll be able to tell when it happens, because the first utterance will be, " I didn't do anything". That is the sign of true repentance.

Repent means to think of all the sins we have ever done and be utterly sorry for it and to have every intention of stopping every one of them. You have to stop your sins. How do you ever get that obeying God is wrong? We are the servants not God.

God's Truth

You really messed that up. What you proved is a complete lack of spiritual understanding in juggling words to suit your opinion. You don't care about the truth, because the truth has never set you free.

You act like an accuser because you act for the accuser. Want proof? Read what you write as a lame excuse for a defense. All you got is an accusation. Do you think the Bible flippantly calls Satan the accuser? Do you think that the Bible is being iffy about people being ensnared to work for Satan? I can tell what you are by your bad fruit.

popsthebuilder

I'm not interested in every possible meaning. Only the correct meaning it the context of the text.
Good.

It is a study tool that shows the Hebrew and the most basic unmolested translation, and also alternative meanings.

Sigh doesn't mean repent, nor is it mentioned in the Interlinear as a possible match for repent.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.