Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Only if it's in English of course. Are you familiar with James Strong. You don't come across as being so.

Of course I know of Mr. Strong. Only an imbecile would ask such a question. Strong is not an author of the Bible. He makes mistakes in his writing because he is influenced by false teachings.

God's Truth

Only a complete hypocrite calls a man, he derides as an enemy, "friend" :vomit:

Maybe he is calling himself a friend, for the rebuke of a wise man is better than a friend who says nothing to you about your falseness.

I myself would never ever call such an enemy of God a 'friend', but I would call myself your friend, if you would repent.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The nature of the word repentance makes it impossible that the Eternal Almighty should or indeed could repent. Therefore there must be a seed of confusion set by the translators and that is the case.

Jonah 3:10 should read as, "Elohim sighed of the evil..."

Jeremiah 18:10 "shall sigh of the good".

These both from nâcham to sigh or to breath strongly. Something all parents do with their children. There is another type of sigh and this can be understood as that sigh of love, that swooning that parents have at other times.
Repent is to see one's sin in the presence of light. Elohim is without sin and so there can be no need for Him to repent. Using the term repent has led to much confusion and many opinions. The fact of the matter is simple. The sigh of a Father over unruly or rebellious children fits the bill perfectly. In the 17 times repented is used in the OT sigh is what the original meaning conveys.

My pleasure.
No sir, there is nothing wrong with the translation in those two verses, as well as in the several other verses that say GOD repented.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Truster,

Perhaps I was wrong about you all and forgave you too quickly. Being 'saved' and continuing in your sins is not acceptable. But, glorydaz said you don't continue in your sins. Well, is it true, or not? I mean, God knows the answer. Otherwise, God's Truth and Meshak are right about you. You look down on someone who remembers the commandments given by Jesus, and you do not love your neighbor as you love yourself? Those who keep the commandments Jesus spoke of, they are the victors. Those who wallow in the sins have something to strive for. Like, are you lying to us? That's a sin right there. Don't ever think that someone who keeps the commandments isn't 'saved,' just as you. You like to puff up the words Paul spoke to us, when you shouldn't. You are not above everyone else, so don't think that. Just wondering, kind sir.

Being 'saved' and then doing whatever in the heck you want to is not better than keeping the rules. Jesus said if we keep the two most important ones, the others would fall into place. Don't even think that someone who keeps the commandments of Jesus are inferior, or anything else that Paul said. You are misled, when you think that I am misled.

He Knows The Answers,

Michael

Truster

Maybe he is calling himself a friend, for the rebuke of a wise man is better than a friend who says nothing to you about your falseness.

I myself would never ever call such an enemy of God a 'friend', but I would call myself your friend, if you would repent.

Who is that an impersonation of?

ClimateSanity

Repent of what?

Truster

No sir, there is nothing wrong with the translation in those two verses, as well as in the several other verses that say GOD repented.

No my dear,

that's just a big fat opinion based on a desire to be right. Without any clarification from scripture or from any understanding of nuances in the Hebrew language.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You just went against Tambora and what she thought her perfect defense against repenting of sins.
Foolish woman.
GOD does not repent of sins, but He does repent.
Your definition of repented meaning "stopped sinning" is just as bogus as it has always been.

God's Truth

Dear Truster,

Perhaps I was wrong about you all and forgave you too quickly. Being 'saved' and continuing in your sins is not acceptable. But, glorydaz said you don't continue in your sins. Well, is it true, or not? I mean, God knows the answer. Otherwise, God's Truth and Meshak are right about you. You look down on someone who remembers the commandments given by Jesus, and you do not love your neighbor as you love yourself? Those who keep the commandments Jesus spoke of, they are the victors. Those who wallow in the sins have something to strive for. Like, are you lying to us? That's a sin right there. Don't ever think that someone who keeps the commandments isn't 'saved,' just as you. You like to puff up the words Paul spoke to us, when you shouldn't. You are not above everyone else, so don't think that. Just wondering, kind sir.

He Knows The Answers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

That is good advice to Truster. The problem with Truster is that he says we who obey are not obeying, since we say 'we have to obey'. He says our obeying is evil since we obey not Truster. He says we have to believe that the words in the Bible don't mean what they say, and that only he knows the true meaning of the words. He is Calvinistic in his teachings, and his defense of his beliefs are slander, lies, and accusations.
He says it is not him obeying God, but God obeying through him, through Truster that is.
He understands not the Way and is himself a preacher of Hell, he is a worker of Satan.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Repent means to think of all the sins we have ever done and be utterly sorry for it and to have every intention of stopping every one of them. You have to stop your sins.
Foolish woman.
One can repent and it have nothing to do with sins.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No my dear,

that's just a big fat opinion based on a desire to be right. Without any clarification from scripture or from any understanding of nuances in the Hebrew language.
No little buddy, that is from learning both Hebrew and Greek, along with a lifetime of studying scripture.
So I don't need to rely on some internet site to tell me what it says or means.

God's Truth

No little buddy, that is from learning both Hebrew and Greek, along with a lifetime of studying scripture.
So I don't need to rely on some internet site to tell me what it says or means.

The way you both operate with trying to pervert your opponent is disgusting and not from God. "Little buddy", "fool", etc. Truster thrives off of slander too.

God's Truth

That is not what MADist teach.

That is not what MADist teach.

But we have grown accustomed to your lies.

Your denial means NOTHING. Madists do say we do not have to repent from sins. If you would like to prove me wrong right now, then SAY, RIGHT HERE, and RIGHT NOW that we have to repent of our sins.

I am waiting. Why in the world have you been going against us if you believe we have to obey by repenting of our sins?!

As for the other thing you deny, tell us here if repent means to change your mind about God, or does it mean repent of your sins.

To the Reader, I have gone through this many times with the madists. They go against me for saying we have to repent of our sins, and then when I say 'the madists say we do not have to repent of our sins' they then merely deny it. It is as if they deliberately try to confuse the situation. If Tambora wants to clear up what she believes and prove I am a liar, as she says I am, then let her now say plainly that Madists believe we have to repent from our sins.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As for the other thing you deny, tell us here if repent means to change your mind about God,
You would be close if you hadn't added this.
It can be a change of mind or direction about anything, not just sins and GOD.

Matthew 21:28-29 KJV
(28) But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
(29) He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

He has changed his mind and has gone in a different direction.

"Repent" is a change, and that change can be about many things, and does NOT have to be about a change of mind about GOD or sin.

And as has already been shown several times, GOD repents, and it it not GOD changing His mind about Himself or that He stopped sinning.

or does it mean repent of your sins.
GOD repented, buffoon.
He is not repenting of sins.

This ain't rocket science.
And the word meaning can be deduced through scripture and how it is used.
And as we have clearly seen, the word itself does not mean "stopped sinning" as you have repeatedly claimed on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.