Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Not exactly. You worded differently.

You even try to change what the scripture says.

I have access to 20 translations and I check for the best translations on each verse of scripture. I also have access to translations in 15 languages so I check verses against them as well. I want to know exactly what was said and what was understood by those who first heard or read the words.

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life trusted.

God's Truth

trust, believe, have faith, and be faithful should be seen as synonymous in my opinion.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

...except that the word is believe. We are told to believe so many times. Truster changes words and it is very suspicious. He also changed the word 'repent' to something else too.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Acts 13:48New International Version (NIV)

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Ok, I have to apologize to truster. It is the same.

However, this verse is so vague. I don't believe how truster is reading is out of context with Jesus' word.

that's why I don't believe everything what is being said because it is not clear.

Regardless, I apologize for wrongful accusation. Please forgive me, truster.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

...except that the word is believe. We are told to believe so many times. Truster changes words and it is very suspicious. He also changed the word 'repent' to something else too.

In this case the words are interchangable.

I do agree that he mis-defines the term repent or repentant or repentance.

peace friend
9ec171b68e808ced5ced563915f391d7.jpg
04b0f563d6fc353c02d0db1567515c3c.jpg
157bbe5543da96b8e40fd43aad9f7859.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 13:48New International Version (NIV)

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Ok, I have to apologize to truster. It is the same.

However, this verse is so vague. I don't believe how truster is reading is out of context with Jesus' word.

that's why I don't believe everything what is being said because it is not clear.
That's because you don't trust most of what scripture says, Meshak.
You have no faith in the word of GOD.

God's Truth

In this case the words are interchangable.

I do agree that he mis-defines the term repent or repentant or repentance.

They trusted God for what? I am suspicious why he changes the word. I believe the Bible and I can find no translation that says 'trust'.

So again, trusted God for what? Why not they believed?

popsthebuilder

They trusted God for what? I am suspicious why he changes the word. I believe the Bible and I can find no translation that says 'trust'.

So again, trusted God for what? Why not they believed?
I showed scripture showing what I was trying to say.

To trust in GOD is to have faith in GOD is to believe in GOD.

But in actuality there seems to be a difference in the minds of many about what scripture means when it says believe. To beleive is to be devout, to me. I stand by my words friend; the two are interchangable.

I cannot speak for the motives or spirit of "truster". I will not continually assume to know their faith. When they post it will be known.

peace friend

popsthebuilder

what do you say about my reply to you, pops?
Please excuse my confusion, but which one are you referring to?

I will say your zeal and ability to spot bias within self is admirable.

I am glad we are in agreement on the interchangability of the words in question.

peace sister

Status
Not open for further replies.