ECT For Those who Think MAD to be False: What is the Gospel?

dodge

You are a fool if you think 1 Corinthians 1 is all there is to Paul's statement about baptism.

But...I did ask you for a history of water baptism...using only...Scripture.

You refused...and JohnW proved your incompetence with just one passage from the OT...

Danoh, if you cannot address me without the childish and immature name calling I will place you where John w is in limbo. Not a threat a promise.

DAN P

Can't you explain in keeping with context. It's a simple request.

Hi and since there are no Spritual blessing in Water Baptism , for ONLY Paul says how we are PLACED/BAPTIZED into the Body of Christ , Sealed forever , given a new Body , given the Power of the Holy Spirit , OSAS , have a Heavenly home and are Justified , and Reconcile to God , be " in Christ , now that is just a sample of what BAPTISM IN UNDER Pauline truth !!

Water Baptism under Jesus was it get Israel to CONFESS their SINS and Cleanse them self by a CEREMONIAL CLEANSING of Water and most of Israel did not !!

dan p

Danoh

Danoh, if you cannot address me without the childish and immature name calling I will place you where John w is in limbo. Not a threat a promise.

Feel free to do so "O foolish Galatian" Gal. 3:1.

It's not l like you have proven yourself worthy of continuing to attempt to reason with.

Besides, you always have fake Marine, MAD fraud GM to endlessly go around with and on just about the same level of ignorance :chuckle:

turbosixx

If Paul did WATER BAPTIZE than Paul's ministry was of NONE EFFECT in verse 17 !!

dan p

Are you saying this isn't water baptism?

1 Cor. 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas

Are you saying Paul spiritually baptized these people?

turbosixx

So where is the Greek word for WATER in verse 17?
Where is the Greek word for spiritual in any of these verses mentioning baptism?

Notice that there is no WATER in Rom 6:3 or in Rom 6:4 nor is there WATER in Acts 19:1--7 and see what Paul did to these 12 disciples !!
dan p

Please explain how you can make this claim. In Rom. 6 and Acts 19 it’s the same Greek word(G907) used here.
Acts 8:38 And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him.
Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"
Clearly these are water baptisms. Just because water isn’t mentioned doesn’t mean it isn’t water baptism. Is John’s baptism mentioned in Acts 19 without water? There's no Greek word for water there.

Is this water baptism or not?
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I thought the mad claim was that based on this verse baptism isn’t part of the gospel. Is that correct?
That and other verses show that baptism is not necessary for salvation, but it isn't prohibited either.

This is taken out of context. Please explain what Paul meant by this statement keeping it in context.
How is it taken out of context? No one is saying that Paul meant he wasn't allowed to baptize, or that he was supposed to not baptize. Only that Christ did not send him to baptize in the way He sent the 12 to do so.

turbosixx

How is it taken out of context?

I don’t think you’re really taking a good look at the context because you haven’t even mentioned it and also its clear that Paul was instructed to baptize believers based on the fact he did baptize believers and also based on what he says here in verse 13…..Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? You see that, he laid out the basics of the gospel. Jesus was crucified for us and we are baptized into his name. If you look at all conversions, that have any detail, the believers were baptized, even Paul's conversions.

Paul says we are baptized “into Christ”. Gal. 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. When he say “all of you who” he is leaving everyone else out.

Baptized in the name of Jesus, that’s the only thing the people in Acts 19 were lacking. They had received John’s baptism but that didn’t put them into Christ. They needed to be baptized in his name. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Can you answer for yourself why would Paul ask them about their baptism when he learns they hadn’t received the Holy Spirit when they believed if that isn’t what puts us into Christ.

turbosixx

No one is saying that Paul meant he wasn't allowed to baptize, or that he was supposed to not baptize. Only that Christ did not send him to baptize in the way He sent the 12 to do so.

This argument doesn’t make any sense to me. If he wasn’t instructed to, do you have a single reason why he would add something completely unnecessary to the gospel?

He wasn’t sent to circumcise either but do we see him circumcising believers? If fact we see him standing his ground against it for the truth of the gospel.
Gal. 2:3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised….. 5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you.

He did perform one circumcision on Timothy but we are told why he did it.
Acts 16:3 Paul wanted this man to go with him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are a fool if you think 1 Corinthians 1 is all there is to Paul's statement about baptism.

But...I did ask you for a history of water baptism...using only...Scripture.

You refused...and JohnW proved your incompetence with just one passage from the OT...

Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Feel free to do so "O foolish Galatian" Gal. 3:1.

It's not l like you have proven yourself worthy of continuing to attempt to reason with.

Besides, you always have fake Marine, MAD fraud GM to endlessly go around with and on just about the same level of ignorance :chuckle:

Danoh, I told you before, I fought alongside Duke Wayne in "The Sands of Iwo Jima." That makes me an honorary Marine. Now, stick with the program or you'll be thrown out of the Corp.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don’t think you’re really taking a good look at the context because you haven’t even mentioned it and also its clear that Paul was instructed to baptize believers based on the fact he did baptize believers and also based on what he says here in verse 13…..Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? You see that, he laid out the basics of the gospel. Jesus was crucified for us and we are baptized into his name. If you look at all conversions, that have any detail, the believers were baptized, even Paul's conversions.
Yes, he baptized some people. Because he was not forbidden to do so. Baptism is a way to express the change in life that results from a decision to follow Christ. That doesn't make it necessary for salvation. And that doesn't make it prohibited.

And the bottom line is that the 12 were expressly sent to baptize, and here we have Paul stating that he was sent to preach the gospel, but not sent to baptize. Which means the Great Commission did not apply to him. That's the point.

Paul says we are baptized “into Christ”. Gal. 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. When he say “all of you who” he is leaving everyone else out.
You're assuming water baptism when elsewhere Paul says we are baptized in His death. And John the Baptist said that Jesus doesn't baptize with water. So if there is only one baptism, as Paul wrote, then I'm pretty sure it's Jesus' baptism with the Spirit and fire, and not water like John's.

Baptized in the name of Jesus, that’s the only thing the people in Acts 19 were lacking. They had received John’s baptism but that didn’t put them into Christ. They needed to be baptized in his name. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Can you answer for yourself why would Paul ask them about their baptism when he learns they hadn’t received the Holy Spirit when they believed if that isn’t what puts us into Christ.
See above.

This argument doesn’t make any sense to me. If he wasn’t instructed to, do you have a single reason why he would add something completely unnecessary to the gospel?
He didn't add it to the gospel.

He wasn’t sent to circumcise either but do we see him circumcising believers? If fact we see him standing his ground against it for the truth of the gospel.
Gal. 2:3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised….. 5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you.
Baptism wasn't Law, circumcision was.

He did perform one circumcision on Timothy but we are told why he did it.
Acts 16:3 Paul wanted this man to go with him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.
I think you may have just defeated your own argument.

Interplanner

Yes, he baptized some people. Because he was not forbidden to do so. Baptism is a way to express the change in life that results from a decision to follow Christ. That doesn't make it necessary for salvation. And that doesn't make it prohibited.

And the bottom line is that the 12 were expressly sent to baptize, and here we have Paul stating that he was sent to preach the gospel, but not sent to baptize. Which means the Great Commission did not apply to him. That's the point.

You're assuming water baptism when elsewhere Paul says we are baptized in His death. And John the Baptist said that Jesus doesn't baptize with water. So if there is only one baptism, as Paul wrote, then I'm pretty sure it's Jesus' baptism with the Spirit and fire, and not water like John's.

See above.

He didn't add it to the gospel.

Baptism wasn't Law, circumcision was.

I think you may have just defeated your own argument.

Look closer: the Gal 2 passage meant nothing needed to be changed doctrinally. The late Acts passage was a way to get in to see the high priest and upper-level Roman admins.

turbosixx

I can tell you really haven’t studied Holy Spirit baptism. In scriptures it only happened twice and each time it was for a special purpose and we are told out right what it was.
1) The apostles
Acts 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
2) Cornelius
Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God.
In chapter 11 Peter is describing what happened and if you will notice he says the HS fell on them just as it did the apostles “at the beginning
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'
So we have two special situations where the bible tells us people were baptized by the Holy Spirit and each time it was directly from God and evident by speaking in tongues.

Yes there is one baptism and it's water. You’re using 1 Cor. 12:13 and trying to make baptism Holy Spirit baptism. We don’t even have to leave I Cor. to see that doesn’t work. In chapter 1 when Paul says 1:16, now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; it’s clear this is water baptism performed by Paul. I can’t imagine someone claiming Paul performs Holy Spirit baptism.
Still in 1 Cor. if we look at chapter 10 we see Paul describing the baptism of Moses.
10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
Twice he says “under the cloud and in the sea”. He is clearly talking about water baptisms.
Then in chapter 12 when Paul says baptism it’s not water but Holy Spirit? What Paul means is that when we are water baptized “in the name of Jesus” the Holy Spirit adds us to the body. For example, in Acts 2: 41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
They were baptized then the Spirit added them.

If you would consider 2 Kings 5 where Naaman was cleansed of his leprosy. When he dipped 7 times as told, did the water cleanse his leprosy or God?

Lastly, if you believe we are baptized by the Holy Spirit upon belief, could you please explain why Paul would ask, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"
If the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the body upon belief, why would Paul ask "Into what then were you baptized?"

DAN P

I can tell you really haven’t studied Holy Spirit baptism. In scriptures it only happened twice and each time it was for a special purpose and we are told out right what it was.
1) The apostles
Acts 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
2) Cornelius
Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God.
In chapter 11 Peter is describing what happened and if you will notice he says the HS fell on them just as it did the apostles “at the beginning
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'
So we have two special situations where the bible tells us people were baptized by the Holy Spirit and each time it was directly from God and evident by speaking in tongues.

Yes there is one baptism and it's water. You’re using 1 Cor. 12:13 and trying to make baptism Holy Spirit baptism. We don’t even have to leave I Cor. to see that doesn’t work. In chapter 1 when Paul says 1:16, now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; it’s clear this is water baptism performed by Paul. I can’t imagine someone claiming Paul performs Holy Spirit baptism.
Still in 1 Cor. if we look at chapter 10 we see Paul describing the baptism of Moses.
10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
Twice he says “under the cloud and in the sea”. He is clearly talking about water baptisms.
Then in chapter 12 when Paul says baptism it’s not water but Holy Spirit? What Paul means is that when we are water baptized “in the name of Jesus” the Holy Spirit adds us to the body. For example, in Acts 2: 41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
They were baptized then the Spirit added them.

If you would consider 2 Kings 5 where Naaman was cleansed of his leprosy. When he dipped 7 times as told, did the water cleanse his leprosy or God?

Lastly, if you believe we are baptized by the Holy Spirit upon belief, could you please explain why Paul would ask, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"
If the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the body upon belief, why would Paul ask "Into what then were you baptized?"

Hi and in Acts 2:41 , the Greek WERE ADDED is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSES and that means Jesus STOPPED to that EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY because Israel was to be set aside and Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 is the proof !!

Only God ADDS to the ASSEMBLY and Paul says that ONE PLANTS and ONE WATER the seed BUT God gives the increase , AND that means you are WRONG !!

dan p