ECT For Those who Think MAD to be False: What is the Gospel?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Go ahead; [MENTION=17235]Interplanner[/MENTION], [MENTION=8957]dodge[/MENTION], [MENTION=7849]tetelestai[/MENTION], [MENTION=12045]jamie[/MENTION], [MENTION=1312]andy[/MENTION] c, etc...

Last edited:

dodge

Go ahead; Interplanner, dodge, tetelestai, jamie, andy c, etc...

The GOSPEL:

1Co 15:1
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Co 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Co 15:4
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Act 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Gospel believed :

Grace saves

through faith

a gift of God

Not of works

NO man can brag on what he has done.

Act 16:28
But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Act 16:30
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Act 16:32
And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Act 16:33
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Last edited:

Danoh

You were fine, dodge...

Til you posted past your quote of 1 Cor. 15:1-4...

Even though your having highlighted the words "according to the scriptures" did show you were already in way over your head...

But that phrase throws off many - even some MADs...

So I guess it is to be expected of you even more so...

dodge

You were fine, dodge...

Til you posted past your quote of 1 Cor. 15:1-4...

Even though your having highlighted the words "according to the scriptures" did show you were already in way over your head...

But that phrase throws off many - even some MADs...

So I guess it is to be expected of you even more so...

What threw you repentance ?

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

or we are saved by grace and that not of ourselves it is a gift of God not of works lest any man should boast ?

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast

Maybe it was being obedient to Jesus and being baptized that threw you off ?

But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

God provided the Gospel through the DBR but make no mistake He requires "repentance" and instructs those that name the name of Jesus to be baptized.

You do understand Paul told the jailer to " believe in Jesus" and the jailer was immediately baptized that same NIGHT.

Now you can stay in what YOU believe or you can obey God. NOT that I believe you will !

News flash it is what God requires NOT what you think or believe.

DAN P

W

hI and since they were all in a PRISON , how were they BAPTIZO / BAPTIZED ?? Verse 35 says that they were still in PRISON so between MIDNIGHT and the next to morning was the baptistry STILL IN PRISON , ALSO ??

So how were they BAPTIZED ?? GRASSHOPPER !!

dan p

dodge

hI and since they were all in a PRISON , how were they BAPTIZO / BAPTIZED ?? Verse 35 says that they were still in PRISON so between MIDNIGHT and the next to morning was the baptistry STILL IN PRISON , ALSO ??

So how were they BAPTIZED ?? GRASSHOPPER !!

dan p

So you believes Paul lied ? He was the one that told them how to be saved and recorded that they were baptized.When folks were baptized in the Spirit the writers recorded that, and the absence of them stating that means it was water baptism.

You have to change the context of scripture to be a Madist.

Kerry

Perhaps there was a river near the prison or a washing pool, Acts 16 does not tell us. But it stands to reason that if Paul baptized the Philippian Jailer and those in his household who believed, then there was a source of water nearby with which Paul baptized them. I am not sure how not including every single detail invalidates what is written in this chapter from Acts.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The GOSPEL:

1Co 15:1
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Co 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Co 15:4
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Gospel believed :

Grace saves

through faith

a gift of God

Not of works

NO man can brag on what he has done.

Is there a reason you didn't provide a single verse showing Jesus or the 12 preaching what Paul did in any of these passages?

Interplanner

What did the 70 know by the time they went out? It was no offer of a Davidic kingdom, that's clear.
1, that Christ was the Lamb of God for the sins of the world
2, that he would save Israel from its sins--except those refusing such help
3, that the Son of Man (of Daniel) had authority on earth to forgive sins
4, that he would be on a cross one day, and that the 'cross' they were to take up was not necessarily the same kind, but was the rejection they would experience in Judaism by teaching what the cross of Christ meant.
5, that the forgiveness of God transforms a person into a forgiving person, as in Lk 7 and the disreputable woman. Those who love little are forgiven little.

Even with that, being human, frail, the apostles had a horrible time accepting that this would actually happen to Christ. Or that this is actually what Is 53 or Dan 9 were about.

The Gospel accounts are not, as MAD says, about Christ offering a Davidic kingdom up to a point, but about the apostles nearly blowing the whole Christian Gospel mission by being tempted into trying to see a Davidic kingdom happen, which is mentioned several times in the accounts.

I haven't trusted D'ists or MAD to properly read anything about the issues of the NT for years.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nope, Jesus and the Apostles taught Jesus' gospel.

In case you have forgotten it is Jesus' gospel NOT pauls.
Then you should be able to post Scripture passages of Jesus preaching it. And also of at least some of the 12. Peter, John, James and Jude wrote epistles; where are the passages of them preaching this contained within those books?

What did the 70 know by the time they went out? It was no offer of a Davidic kingdom, that's clear.
1, that Christ was the Lamb of God for the sins of the world
2, that he would save Israel from its sins--except those refusing such help
3, that the Son of Man (of Daniel) had authority on earth to forgive sins
4, that he would be on a cross one day, and that the 'cross' they were to take up was not necessarily the same kind, but was the rejection they would experience in Judaism by teaching what the cross of Christ meant.
5, that the forgiveness of God transforms a person into a forgiving person, as in Lk 7 and the disreputable woman. Those who love little are forgiven little.

Even with that, being human, frail, the apostles had a horrible time accepting that this would actually happen to Christ. Or that this is actually what Is 53 or Dan 9 were about.

The Gospel accounts are not, as MAD says, about Christ offering a Davidic kingdom up to a point, but about the apostles nearly blowing the whole Christian Gospel mission by being tempted into trying to see a Davidic kingdom happen, which is mentioned several times in the accounts.

I haven't trusted D'ists or MAD to properly read anything about the issues of the NT for years.
And still no examples of any MAD or the Bible making any statements you claim they do.

dodge

Lighthouse;4831487]Then you should be able to post Scripture passages of Jesus preaching it. And also of at least some of the 12. Peter, John, James and Jude wrote epistles; where are the passages of them preaching this contained within those books?

Jesus taught GRACE but you cannot see it ! Remaining blind to TRUTH is YOUR choice, and it is a bad one.

Jhn 6:28
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

If Jesus taught the law and not grace why did in the next verse did Jesus not mention the law but said to work the works of God believe on Him ?

Jhn 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, ]that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 3:16 is another place that the gospel of John taught grace.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

So much for the gospels not teaching GRACE ! It is there YOU just cannot or will not see it.

Interplanner

Jesus taught GRACE but you cannot see it ! Remaining blind to TRUTH is YOUR choice, and it is a bad one.

If Jesus taught the law and not grace why did in the next verse did Jesus not mention the law but said to work the works of God believe on Him ?

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, ]that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

So much for the gospels not teaching GRACE ! It is there YOU just cannot or will not see it.

Good, and John 3 has rather advanced doctrine: God did not send Christ to condemn the world (the law did that). He doesn't use 'justify' but he says that 'saved' is the opposite of condemned so we get the idea, unless we are a literalist, or a D'ist, who can't seem to get the idea these days at all.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I never said Jesus didn't teach grace. I never said the 12 didn't teach grace. I never said grace was not in the gospels. I never said grace was absent from the Law. I have said Jesus taught both. Grace is there, and I see it. I claim it is there. I proclaim it is there. What now, fool?

You are a liar. You are a child of Satan.

dodge

Is there a reason you didn't provide a single verse showing Jesus or the 12 preaching what Paul did in any of these passages?

I never said Jesus didn't teach grace. I never said the 12 didn't teach grace. I never said grace was not in the gospels. I never said grace was absent from the Law. I have said Jesus taught both. Grace is there, and I see it. I claim it is there. I proclaim it is there. What now, fool?

You are a liar. You are a child of Satan.

Hey bozo , you said show you from scripture where Jesus and the 12 taught what Paul taught ! I did . YOU cannot handle the truth.

YOU posted=Is there a reason you didn't provide a single verse showing Jesus or the 12 preaching what Paul did in any of these passages?

They ALL taught GRACE. Jesus ,the 12, Paul, the OT, the Prophets.

Do you always react that way when you are proven WRONG ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hey bozo , you said show you from scripture where Jesus and the 12 taught what Paul taught ! I did . YOU cannot handle the truth.

YOU posted=Is there a reason you didn't provide a single verse showing Jesus or the 12 preaching what Paul did in any of these passages?

They ALL taught GRACE. Jesus ,the 12, Paul, the OT, the Prophets.

Do you always react that way when you are proven WRONG ?
Grace isn't the only thing in those verses, moron. And you still didn't provide any actual verses of Jesus or the 12 preaching anything.

You haven't proven me wrong yet. Just because there are similarities, like grace, doesn't mean the entirety of the messages are the same. While all dachshunds are dogs not all dogs are dachshunds.

turbosixx

The first sermons by Peter Acts 2 and Paul Acts 13 are the same. Of course they aren’t word for word but they are the same.

Addressing Israel
Peter:
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words;
Paul:
16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel,

Christ descended from David
Peter:
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Paul:
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Christ died
Peter:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Paul:
28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

David saw decay
Peter:
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Paul:
36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Christ did not see decay
Peter:
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Paul:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Jesus resurrected
Peter:
32 This Jesus hath God raised up,
Paul:
30 But God raised him from the dead:

People witnessed the resurrection
Peter:
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Paul:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Forgiveness of sins through Jesus
Peter:
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Paul:
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Jesus is Israel’s savior
Peter:
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Paul:
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Last edited:

dodge

Grace isn't the only thing in those verses, moron. And you still didn't provide any actual verses of Jesus or the 12 preaching anything.

You haven't proven me wrong yet. Just because there are similarities, like grace, doesn't mean the entirety of the messages are the same. While all dachshunds are dogs not all dogs are dachshunds.

If it walks like a duck-has a bill-web feet-quacks and swims it is probably a duck.

The whole argument ( FAIL ) of MAD is that Paul revealed the message of GRACE that NO one else had.

You are wrong you just are NOT spiritual enough to know it.

That which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.

Those that worship God must worship God in Spirit and truth.

I provided you verses ignore them at your own peril.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If it walks like a duck-has a bill-web feet-quacks and swims it is probably a duck.

The whole argument ( FAIL ) of MAD is that Paul revealed the message of GRACE that NO one else had.

You are wrong you just are NOT spiritual enough to know it.

That which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.

Those that worship God must worship God in Spirit and truth.

I provided you verses ignore them at your own peril.

:chuckle: