FOR GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS ONLY.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your bringing up the law and being a Jew in a thread about grace is the problem. You're trying to mix oil and water, and wonder why we try to correct you? If you listened, it would be one thing, but you don't. You have a mouth but no ears to hear.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.​

Amen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you're not a grace believer you shouldn't be on this thread.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your bringing up the law and being a Jew in a thread about grace is the problem. You're trying to mix oil and water, and wonder why we try to correct you? If you listened, it would be one thing, but you don't. You have a mouth but no ears to hear.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.​

Shalom.

I accept grace. I also accept the law or God's instruction to and for me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you're not a grace believer you shouldn't be on this thread.

Shalom.

Okay. I understand grace and I am a believer, but I can admit that I did not and do not understand the term grace believer. I believe that I do not understand how people use the term.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom everyone. Thank you for the opportunity to learn. I believe the gospel involves God's grace always. Shalom. Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I accept grace. I also accept the law or God's instruction to and for me.

Shalom.

Jacob

To and for you? Not according to Paul. You're either under the schoolmaster (law) or you're not.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To and for you? Not according to Paul. You're either under the schoolmaster (law) or you're not.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Yeshua was born under the Law. I can say that obeying God's commands found in the Law, or observing God's instruction (Torah), is different from being condemned not having forgiveness for sins you have committed (not yet being forgiven for sin you have committed, meaning where or how you have transgressed God's Law which is called sin). To be under the Law... is that to be under condemnation? Thank you for your perspective. Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom everyone. Thank you for the opportunity to learn. I believe the gospel involves God's grace always. Shalom. Jacob

You understand that if Jesus is not God, you have no Saviour? The sooner you accept that, the sooner it will all make sense to you. Saved by grace....the Saviour.

Titus 2:11KJV For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You understand that if Jesus is not God, you have no Saviour? The sooner you accept that, the sooner it will all make sense to you. Saved by grace....the Saviour.

Titus 2:11KJV For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,​

Shalom. I have read these verses similar to how you are presenting them, before.

God is my Savior. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is my Savior. There is no God and no Savior but the one and only true God, YHVH, the God of Israel, the Creator.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Yeshua was born under the Law. I can say that obeying God's commands found in the Law, or observing God's instruction (Torah), is different from being condemned not having forgiveness for sins you have committed (not yet being forgiven for sin you have committed, meaning where or how you have transgressed God's Law which is called sin). To be under the Law... is that to be under condemnation? Thank you for your perspective. Shalom.

Jacob

Yes, it is, and no man is justified by the law in the sight of God. Here's why.

Gal. 3:10-11 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.​

The law is the schoolmaster which is meant to show men their sin and lead them to Christ.

(The part you wrote in the middle of that paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. You might try rewording it.)

glorydaz

Shalom. I have read these verses similar to how you are presenting them, before.

God is my Savior. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is my Savior. There is no God and no Savior but the one and only true God, YHVH, the God of Israel, the Creator.

Shalom.

Jacob

So you, like Thomas, can say Jesus is your Lord and your God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it is, and no man is justified by the law in the sight of God. Here's why.

Gal. 3:10-11 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.​

The law is the schoolmaster which is meant to show men their sin and lead them to Christ.

(The part you wrote in the middle of that paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. You might try rewording it.)

Shalom. I can attempt to do so. When a person sins they are condemned by the Law and in need of forgiveness. So, if you are forgiven and by God's grace you are not under the Law but under grace, does not being under the Law mean that you are not under condemnation? Is the aspect of the Law being referred to the condemnation that the Law brings? Or, is it inaccurate to reflect or convey that the Law brings condemnation. My perspective is that this is not all that the Law does. The word Torah means instruction. God's Law involves God's commands. Does the Law involve punishment, atonement, and condemnation, or just one or two or none of these things (these three)?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you, like Thomas, can say Jesus is your Lord and your God?

Shalom.

I may be able to do so. I know that this scripture, this verse, Thomas, doubting Thomas who comes to understand, is important to me and my walk. Colossians 2:9 NASB says that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. He is the Son of God.

Two ways I can see to understand this is that Jesus is Lord and YHVH is God, and Jesus is both Lord and God. I do not see other ways to see this besides these two ways.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom. I can attempt to do so. When a person sins they are condemned by the Law and in need of forgiveness. So, if you are forgiven and by God's grace you are not under the Law but under grace, does not being under the Law mean that you are not under condemnation? Is the aspect of the Law being referred to the condemnation that the Law brings? Or, is it inaccurate to reflect or convey that the Law brings condemnation. My perspective is that this is not all that the Law does. The word Torah means instruction. God's Law involves God's commands. Does the Law involve punishment, atonement, and condemnation, or just one or two or none of these things (these three)?

Shalom.

Jacob

I'll tell you what the law does not do, first.
It does not justify man. It does not make man holy or righteous. And it does not give man life.

What is does, and what it has always been meant to do, was show men their sin and declare them guilty. That is the INSTRUCTION. The SCHOOLMASTER. That in turn, when it's work was done, was meant to lead men to Christ for His mercy and grace.

So, when people realize they can never be as good and perfect as the law demands, they fall on their knees and beg God for His mercy and grace. Which, of course, comes in the person of our Great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Titus 3:3-4KJV For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'll tell you what the law does not do, first.
It does not justify man. It does not make man holy or righteous. And it does not give man life.

What is does, and what it has always been meant to do, was show men their sin and declare them guilty. That in turn, when it's work was done, was meant to lead men to Christ for His mercy and grace.

So, when people realize they can never be as good and perfect as the law demands, they fall on their knees and beg God for His mercy and grace. Which, of course, comes in the person of our Great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Titus 3:3-4KJV For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Shalom.

I can follow what you are saying, but if someone knows that the Law makes them guilty as a sinner, whether they are forgiven or not, do they know that the Law is good and that in keeping God's Law a person has life? The commandments are life to me. Even though life is only in God and Yeshua the Messiah. A person can be alive and not have life in God, Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I may be able to do so. I know that this scripture, this verse, Thomas, doubting Thomas who comes to understand, is important to me and my walk. Colossians 2:9 NASB says that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. He is the Son of God.

Two ways I can see to understand this is that Jesus is Lord and YHVH is God, and Jesus is both Lord and God. I do not see other ways to see this besides these two ways.

Shalom.

Jacob

Ah, the GREAT I AM. Our Lord Jesus Christ told us, when He walked the earth that HE is I AM. The Jews were so shocked when He claimed to be God Almighty, the Great I AM, that they fell down upon the ground.

Don't confuse Jesus being called the Son of God with your son or my son. God became flesh (through the incarnation) and dwelt among us. The Lord our God is ONE LORD. He has many names. That is the foundation on which all else must be built.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Jacob

well said brother, amen:)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ah, the GREAT I AM. Our Lord Jesus Christ told us, when He walked the earth that HE is I AM. The Jews were so shocked when He claimed to be God Almighty, the Great I AM, that they fell down upon the ground.

Don't confuse Jesus being called the Son of God with your son or my son. God became flesh (through the incarnation) and dwelt among us. The Lord our God is ONE LORD. He has many names. That is the foundation on which all else must be built.

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 6:4 says Hear oh Israel, YHVH our God YHVH is one.

It is the shema.

Shema means hear. To hear, to listen, to obey.

Shalom.

Jacob