FOR GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS ONLY.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your comments are mainstream. So you cannot help anyone, :loser:

You are the mainstreamer which is in the wide gate.

You see Jesus says narrow is the road that leads to life and only a few find it.

You ought to take heed of Jesus' warnings.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Odd, you thought you agreed with that earlier.

Why did Thomas call Jesus, "My Lord and my God" if he didn't relate it to the Shema?

Shalom.

It does not say that it does, or that it does not, relate to the shema. The shema is not discussed, mentioned, or alluded to.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rats, just like before. When I thought you were hearing, you weren't. Your own righteousness isn't good enough. If you can't read the scripture I've given you, you are blinded to the truth and have no life in you. :sigh:

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

Shalom.

I already understand these scriptures.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

It does not say that it does, or that it does not, relate to the shema. The shema is not discussed, mentioned, or alluded to.

Shalom.

Jacob

It says EXACTLY what the Shema says. The Lord our God is one Lord, and Thomas acknowledges Jesus is that Lord and God. When Thomas saw Christ had risen from the dead, He knew. And what did Jesus say?

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​

You've been shown over and over again, and you still don't believe. All your silly "Shalom"ing will get you nowhere if you can't see something so simple.

You've done this before, under a different name, but you remain stuck in unbelief. You're still on the wrong side of the cross, and you're correct the law is your life, but that life is MORTAL. And your life will be mortal until the veil is pulled away from your eyes.

glorydaz

Shalom.

I already understand these scriptures.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, you don't. You are looking to your own righteousness to save you instead of HIS MERCY.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It says EXACTLY what the Shema says. The Lord our God is one Lord, and Thomas acknowledges Jesus is that Lord and God. When Thomas saw Christ had risen from the dead, He knew. And what did Jesus say?

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​

You've been shown over and over again, and you still don't believe. All your silly "Shalom"ing will get you nowhere if you can't see something so simple.

You've done this before, under a different name, but you remain stuck in unbelief. You're still on the wrong side of the cross, and you're correct the law is your life, but that life is MORTAL. And your life will be mortal until the veil is pulled away from your eyes.

Shalom.

The word shalom means peace. I do not know what you mean by shaloming.

Devarim 6:4 comes from the Torah, before the Prophets and the Writings, and before the New Testament Scriptures that begin with the Gospels. The verse in question does not say what Deuteronomy 6:4 says.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you don't. You are looking to your own righteousness to save you instead of HIS MERCY.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;​

Shalom.

You are incorrect. I memorized Ephesians 2:8-9 and Titus 3:5 with the Navigators (Scripture Memory) before I came to observe Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

The word shalom means peace. I do not know what you mean by shaloming.

Devarim 6:4 comes from the Torah, before the Prophets and the Writings, and before the New Testament Scriptures that begin with the Gospels. The verse in question does not say what Deuteronomy 6:4 says.

Shalom.

Jacob

I'll tell you what I meant. You can dress like a Jew and talk like a Jew, but you aren't a Jew. You are still Untell, and you are still mixed up refusing to obey the Gospel and be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'll tell you what I meant. You can dress like a Jew and talk like a Jew, but you aren't a Jew. You are still Untell, and you are still mixed up refusing to obey the Gospel and be saved.
Shalom.

My name is Jacob. It is not Untellectual. I am a Jew. I used to use the name Untellectual on Theology Online. This is something I did in the past.

I do obey the gospel and I am saved.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Memorizing verses doesn't mean anything. You remain blind to the meaning, as you prove over and over again.
Shalom.

When you memorize and meditate upon scripture, or accept its plain meaning, there is nothing more that needs to be done. If you would like to discuss these scriptures we can do so as time permits. For now I do not know where you live and I would be preparing for the Sabbath soon even if I lived East of here.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

My name is Jacob. It is not Untellectual. I am a Jew. I used to use the name Untellectual on Theology Online. This is something I did in the past.

I do obey the gospel and I am saved.

Shalom.

Jacob

Your words tell me otherwise, since you deny Jesus is God come in the flesh.

If you're a Jew that obeyed the Gospel, you would see WHO Christ is.

glorydaz

Shalom.

When you memorize and meditate upon scripture, or accept its plain meaning, there is nothing more that needs to be done. If you would like to discuss these scriptures we can do so as time permits. For now I do not know where you live and I would be preparing for the Sabbath soon even if I lived East of here.

Shalom.

Jacob

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your words tell me otherwise, since you deny Jesus is God come in the flesh.

If you're a Jew that obeyed the Gospel, you would see WHO Christ is.

Shalom. Here is the scripture I can share with you.

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Shalom. Amen.

A principle of hermeneutics is that when the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense. Or, accept the plain meaning of the text.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Shalom. Amen.

A principle of hermeneutics is that when the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense. Or, accept the plain meaning of the text.

Shalom.

Jacob

A thought...

An even greater principle is that there is often a difference between what only appears to be the plain meaning of a text, and what it is actually talking about.

This also often happens in words between people.

The result being that one of them later ends up having to say "that's not what I'd meant" as the other ends up saying "I'm sorry; I'd thought you'd meant..."

And that kind of thing is the greater principle, the violation of which, say, the following; is talking about...

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Case in point: the intended sense of "comparing spritual things with spiritual" is not in the sense of comparing Scripture with Scripture.

That only appears to be its "plain meaning."

The Apostle Paul was not even talking about that kind of thing, when he then said what he said there, at the end of 1 Cor. 2 and into 1 Cor. 3.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A thought...

An even greater principle is that there is often a difference between what only appears to be the plain meaning of a text, and what it is actually talking about.

This also often happens in words between people.

The result being that one of them later ends up having to say "that's not what I'd meant" as the other ends up saying "I'm sorry; I'd thought you'd meant..."

And that kind of thing is the greater principle, the violation of which, say, the following; is talking about...

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Case in point: the intended sense of "comparing spritual things with spiritual" is not in the sense of comparing Scripture with Scripture.

That only appears to be its "plain meaning."

The Apostle Paul was not even talking about that kind of thing, when he then said what he said there, at the end of 1 Cor. 2 and into 1 Cor. 3.

Shalom. The simple or plain meaning is the meaning intended by the author in God. Meaning, if God had someone write something it is the meaning that they intended that should be accepted as the plain meaning. Simply, do not read into the text something that is not there. Often there is a simple or plain meaning and there is meaning or interpretation beyond what someone initially sees. God can help us with where we are at in reading a text, to understand it better. To understand it more fully. To understand it as He intended it to be understood. So we have that there is the meaning and interpretation according to what was meant to be conveyed, and there are interpretations that deviate from this which we should not have. If there is too much work to understand something, we can accept what we do understand from what we read. Accept what is simple to understand. And keep reading or trying to understand until you do, however much later this happens to be.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom. Amen.

Shalom.

Jacob

I prefer to make sure each text agrees with other verses of scripture. There is always support for the truth to be found in the written word of God.