False ‘Message Bible’ Creator Changes Mind on Homosexuality, Says He Would Officiate

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm with the Jesus part. Was probably a nice chap.

21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I'm wondering if you think he is being a nice chap here. And what is your take on what is happening and why?

Zeke

False ‘Message Bible’ Creator Changes Mind on Homosexuality, Says He Would Officiate ‘Gay Wedding’

Agree or disagree, and is the measure of whats ok with God, now how spiritual someone seems?

Ever consider the effects of chemicals introduced into the body might be a factor in behavior? All these gender confused people are being altared just like a drinker will do things they normally wouldnt, fits with Romans seven where it states we do things against are inner will through infliences that take control over our will not to. We live in the hegelian dialectic problem, reaction, solution hamster wheel.

Stuu

21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I'm wondering if you think he is being a nice chap here. And what is your take on what is happening and why?
Indeed. But I don't think that mythology is relevant to the historical Jesus. As I wrote, this is all about ancient Jews trying to make it seem like their prophecies had been fulfilled, for political reasons. That's why the gospel writers owe the real Jesus an apology, for putting such nasty words in his mouth.

It's pretty obvious that they had a real person to model the stories on, for example the reason given for being born in Bethlehem is bogus: they incorrectly aligned the Census of Quirinius with the reign of Herod, then invented a rule about returning to the lands of their ancestors. If Jesus was fictional there would have been no need for all that historical fiction.

So, what you have posted above is historical fiction, and indeed most of the NT comes into that category of literature. There are fictional characters and dramas placed in the context of real history. For it to be anything more than that it would have to involve magic. I guess you believe it is magical, or supernatural, or inspired, or something else that is somehow beyond criticism.

Stuart

Stuu

I was continually being given short "time off" and then they banned me for life. Then the site was closed down.
I'd be interested to know from ToL contributors their experience of posting on 'atheist' forums, to find out which worldview is more likely to 'hand out bans'. I would have thought non-believers might be more tolerant of the expression of a wide range of views, but I suppose not necessarily.

Stuart

Stuu

Read my signature.
Yes, it says Messianist. I guess that's not incompatible with the 'Name' people. Do you treat Jesus as a prophet, from an ancient Hebrew point of view? I've found it difficult to get to the bottom of it!

Stuart

Truster

Yes, it says Messianist. I guess that's not incompatible with the 'Name' people. Do you treat Jesus as a prophet, from an ancient Hebrew point of view? I've found it difficult to get to the bottom of it!

Stuart

I was atheist until 10:30am on July 17th 1999. I was converted at that moment. I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was, I am and I will be saved in the last day.

Truster

I'd be interested to know from ToL contributors their experience of posting on 'atheist' forums, to find out which worldview is more likely to 'hand out bans'. I would have thought non-believers might be more tolerant of the expression of a wide range of views, but I suppose not necessarily.

Stuart

I spent some time on US atheist forums and was amazed to discover that many of the members had been brought up in Christian homes, been to Bible Colleges and even worked as pastors.
The fact that they had been brought up in all the outward forms of religion without the inner work was obvious to me, but obviously not to them.

Truster

You never sought God before that moment?

"There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after Elohim".

Any form of religion is without understanding and is an outer work that satisfies mankind. Salvation bestows understanding, life and a means of communication between the regenerate sinner and his Saviour.

Stuu

I spent some time on US atheist forums and was amazed to discover that many of the members had been brought up in Christian homes, been to Bible Colleges and even worked as pastors.
The fact that they had been brought up in all the outward forms of religion without the inner work was obvious to me, but obviously not to them.
That's your point of difference with them, and I guess with me, that you believe the 'inner work' is anything more than the inventive imagination of the human brain, known as it is for it susceptibility to seeing things that aren't really there, and a poor native understanding of probability. They will have told you that on those forums no doubt.

Stuart

Stuu

I was atheist until 10:30am on July 17th 1999. I was converted at that moment. I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was, I am and I will be saved in the last day.
And what is Jesus to you, exactly?

Stuart

Stuu

From Abraham to Isaac, to David, to the Apostles- who all explicitly died for Christ

What you have to say here is frankly nonsense, Stuu. You don't have much in the way of your argument.
Before you claim victory, perhaps you could give a counter-argument or two. People dying for a cause doesn't really constitute an argument for the reality of the cause.

Stuart

Stuu

Abraham led his people by his own faith in God, who followed Isaac all the way to David- they won every single war they fought because God willed it. From David came Solomon, and eventually Christ- who fulfilled every single prophesy of him., including persecuted saints like Isaiah who foretold him- and then, all of Christ's apostles gave their lives.

Christianity takes Rome..

This is not a testimony of God through a few decades, but several thousand years. As I stated, you have a lot more to contend with then you think you do, you can't just come up to Christianity and suggest it is false.

Not here :nono:
Not sure what you are trying to say. Do you think Abraham is an historical person whose actions have been documented? Afraid not. Same goes for any Jewish patriarch such as Isaac. David could have been a real person, but who was he actually? We don't know. Same with Solomon. If they were leaders in the places and times stated in the Jewish bible, you can't call them much more than tribal leaders because there weren't large numbers of people living in and around Jerusalem in the 9th or 10th Centuries BCE. So the biblical account just isn't literally true. It's more like historical fiction.

It's difficult enough to establish that Jesus was a real historical person. There is some circumstantial evidence for that.

I recommend reading as much as you can about what historians think about the historical claims of christianity. Without answers to their various conclusions I don't think you can make any truth claims about your beliefs. Not here or anywhere if we are being honest.

Stuart

Truster

That's your point of difference with them, and I guess with me, that you believe the 'inner work' is anything more than the inventive imagination of the human brain, known as it is for it susceptibility to seeing things that aren't really there, and a poor native understanding of probability. They will have told you that on those forums no doubt.

Stuart

My point of reference with atheism is the fact I was and atheist and now I am not. I have been where yopu are and you couldn't possibly imagine what it is like where I am.

Charity

hi stuu, long time no sea.. :) Abraham the man that migrated from his birth country to JerUesluem...HE SAT DOWN IN ISRAEL AND WATCHED A ASTROID CROSS THE SKY AT NIGHT, THERE HE MADE A COVENANT, WITH HIS GODAND HIS CHILDREN THAT HAD NOT BEEN BORN, THAT THEY WOULD OWN THE LAND HE WAS SITTING ON RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT.. THE DNA ARMY THAT WOULD RISE UP AND TAKE THE THRONE OF ISREAL. so Abraham sent home to araba.. his birth land for a wife for his son isacc.. who then had sons.. who were then sent back to the grandfathers birth land for wives.. Jacob stayed this mothers brothers house.. were we wanted to marry his cousin ( some how god had not learned that interbreeding was dangerous to producing strong healthy vessels.. So Jacob saw his second eldest cousin an wanted her.. his uncle laban said..you spoilt brat... you don't even know our laws, the eldest must marry first,your g grand father ran away two generations ago.. yet you keep sending home for wives and excepting yourselves from the birth land laws... in the end the children of abraham were exiled to Egypt, till the DNA som Mose's was born.. and he said.. come onslaves.. let us go back and claim the promise of father Abraham... Israel is ours.. above those who have paid tax and built the city for their DNA.. our god said it is ours.. so we will compass it 40 years until we are enough to conquer and take it over..even if we came form far off arab nation.. we can still arrive under banner, convincing of the new Israelites...

Stuu

My point of reference with atheism is the fact I was and atheist and now I am not. I have been where yopu are and you couldn't possibly imagine what it is like where I am.
Why can't I possibly imagine what it is like where you are?

Stuart