ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you also disregard all of Paul's words when he is addressing the Jews?

Because he addresses Jews a lot... And if your theory is correct, it is a matter of great concern to know ahead of time just exactly who it is that any part of Scripture is addresses to, so that you can know for sure what Scripture you have to ignore, and what Scripture you must listen to...

Paul himself was clear:

1Co 9:20-2
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

So he would, under your theory, have one Gospel for the Jews, and one for those under the Law, and another for those without Law, and another for the weak, and another for each of all men...

But then he says that there is no such thing as another Gospel...
That in Christ, which Peter and James and John and the rest of the 12 and the 70, Paul affirms that there is neither Jew nor Greek...

Yet you say that the Gospel for each is different...

Orthodoxy affirms One God, One Gospel, One Lord, and One Holy Spirit, and one Faith, the Faith of Jesus Christ, which He gave to His Apostles, and that Faith disciples epentance unto Grace...

I mean, according to your theory, you must IGNORE THE GOSPELS, because they are not written to the Gentiles... You Bible is shrinking drastically... The Old Testament is OUT... You are forbidden from reading it, because it is addressed to the House of Israel...

It is all sounding crazier and crazier...

Arsenios

good job arse ! ! i mean it. you pointed out many things we all know, our mind takes it in when we read The Bible, yet alot of people don't pause to asorb the meaning. in context. "rightly dividing", if you will. and if you won't, that's not my deal. jk. not you. we see this, and know it for a moment, keep reading and forget what we just read. some people. folks can memorize and study, quote and post, and grasp SOME deeper meanings, but can't seem to connect other dots. i could do what you just did, maybe. i'm pretty lazy though, perhaps selfish, in knowing what i know. sometimes i feel that way, however, i suppose i can sense when my posts are falling on deaf ears (eyes). yeh, deaf eyes. blind ears. i guess i would put more effort into correct spiritual interpretation if confronted, or with someone that isn't stubbornly debating. if i have a slightly wrong interpretation, if i learn something, if i understand something better, if i see something worded nicely and informative, if i'm completely wrong, or failed to understand, i admit it. i'm not skerrd of being wrong. i was wrong once, this one time when i thought i was wrong. old. anyway, you did better than i could've, me tink. i heard you're really arsenio hall ? - :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heresy.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Well, first you "Predicted" that, I'd be "beheaded!" What, in your
opinion will happen to me for your, declaration of "Heresy?" Would
you have me, "Burned at the Stake?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I mean, according to your theory, you must IGNORE THE GOSPELS, because they are not written to the Gentiles... You Bible is shrinking drastically... The Old Testament is OUT... You are forbidden from reading it, because it is addressed to the House of Israel...

It is all sounding crazier and crazier...

Arsenios

Your "problem" is, you don't know how to, "Rightly Divide" the word!
Therefore, you see confusion and contradiction! The "Truth" may
sound crazy to you but, to those who are members of the "Body of
Christ," it makes all the sense in the world!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I dont need to read any further, in order to know who his letter is adressed to - because i am not looking to read myself into something that is not adressed to me, i am not part of the 12 tribes of israel and neither are you.

You are switching gears now over your earlier concern which has been adressed.

If you think all scripture is written to you that concerns israel, then you need to get yourself to a temple and take a vow and make sure you keep the feasts and tell no one Jesus is the Christ.

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Delmar, you are OBVIOUSLY UNWORTHY of this lovely person who doubtless in a weak and unconsidered moment consented to become your wife... Marrying her is obviously the ONLY GOOD thing you have EVER done in your ENTIRE LIFE...

So you need to go to her RIGHT NOW, and place your face upon the dirt wherever she is standing, and soak her toes with your tears, begging her forgiveness for having had to breathe the same air as you have breathed for all these years...

And IF you do that, and I highly recommend that you do so, and IF you tell her that I suggested it, she will probably want to know MORE about this Orthodox Faith of Christ...

Jes' sayin'...

We have been empowering women since the Fall of Adam, I say!

And your face on the dirt at her toes can be YOUR Fall of Adam...

'Nuff!

Jes' a little un-Levitical levity, Delmar...

I mean, who else is a gonna tickle y'er hyde?

Arsenios

You need to work on your so called, "Wit!"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, first you "Predicted" that, I'd be "beheaded!" What, in your
opinion will happen to me for your, declaration of "Heresy?" Would
you have me, "Burned at the Stake?"

You are still a gutless coward who trolls the board contrary to the wishes of the management.

Any head cutting will not be done by me but by men like yourself, who you will run into soon enough.

You have no protection.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are still a gutless coward who trolls the board contrary to the wishes of the management.

Any head cutting will not be done by me but by men like yourself, who you will run into soon enough.

You have no protection.

LA

Tomorrow, I'm gonna go out and purchase a, "Turtleneck" sweater with
a collar made out of armor plated steel!

oatmeal

This part is true! Therefore, you are at least agreeing
to whom it was pertaining to! That's a start anyway!

I was taught that. and upon close examination, that is true.

James was written to born again believers who of the twelve tribes who were scattered abroad under the leadership of the apostles. Acts 8:1,4

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Where do you live?

LA

Is this question meant as a "hidden threat" or, did ya just wanna
meet for a friendly game of chess and do lunch? Has to be one
or the other else, why ask? After all, you have been threatening
GM with cutting off his head? Perhaps, I'm just jumping at
conclusions? On the other hand?

Arsenios

Is this question meant as a "hidden threat" or, did ya just wanna
meet for a friendly game of chess and do lunch? Has to be one
or the other else, why ask? After all, you have been threatening
GM with cutting off his head? Perhaps, I'm just jumping at
conclusions? On the other hand?

It is a sad fact that the internet depersonalizes communications in a disturbing way, and here, for most, it is like some rpg encounter, where nobody uses their real name, and uses an avatar to project some demonic image... And having dehumanized one's self, one then dehumanized one's opponent...

Think "Game Face", where one makes a decision to enter combat without regard for the person being combatted... Soldiers do that often, with ptsd as a result... Fighter's stare downs at the beginning of their fight puts on a demonic mask, and dares the other guy to destroy it...

And here on TO, one will almost never find a MAD proponent posting under his or her own name with a home address, and this is for a specific purpose, which has to do with their method of presenting their ideas... Face to face, they are nice folks, but here, where they hide their faces and their identities, they can be terrible people and fully justify themselves and attack the person of their adversaries without fear of having to be confronted face to face...

So worms can flip off elephants, and mice can freely torment men, and all of it justified by the "free exchange of ideas"... Or some such, thinking that, perhaps, the end justifies the means... And simple courtesy becomes a favor done and now owed for... And the board devolves into carnal exchanges... So the only thing I know to do is to go "Beast Mode" (*) and LOVE 'em no matter WHAT!

:)

Arsenios

(*) "Beast Mode" is what the Seattle Seahawks call what happens when their runner gets the ball and heads for would-be tacklers... You can watch it on the Superbowl game this afternoon...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is a sad fact that the internet depersonalizes communications in a disturbing way, and here, for most, it is like some rpg encounter, where nobody uses their real name, and uses an avatar to project some demonic image... And having dehumanized one's self, one then dehumanized one's opponent...

Think "Game Face", where one makes a decision to enter combat without regard for the person being combatted... Soldiers do that often, with ptsd as a result... Fighter's stare downs at the beginning of their fight puts on a demonic mask, and dares the other guy to destroy it...

And here on TO, one will almost never find a MAD proponent posting under his or her own name with a home address, and this is for a specific purpose, which has to do with their method of presenting their ideas... Face to face, they are nice folks, but here, where they hide their faces and their identities, they can be terrible people and fully justify themselves and attack the person of their adversaries without fear of having to be confronted face to face...

So worms can flip off elephants, and mice can freely torment men, and all of it justified by the "free exchange of ideas"... Or some such, thinking that, perhaps, the end justifies the means... And simple courtesy becomes a favor done and now owed for... And the board devolves into carnal exchanges... So the only thing I know to do is to go "Beast Mode" (*) and LOVE 'em no matter WHAT!

:)

Arsenios

(*) "Beast Mode" is what the Seattle Seahawks call what happens when their runner gets the ball and heads for would-be tacklers... You can watch it on the Superbowl game this afternoon...

Huh?