ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

Right Divider

Body part
The instruction from the Lord to His disciples to take care of themselves was/is for the time when the Lord was taken from them, but such was/ is not the case when sent in their ministry, then or now.

LA
Indeed, the point that I was making is that the Lord Jesus Christ gave Paul NEW instructions and revelations just like Paul claims. And that there is NOTHING in scripture that prohibits the Lord from doing so.

These NEW instructions do NOT INVALIDATE what the Lord taught the TWELVE regarding Israel's prophecies BUT they are NOT the same.

Paul says that the Lord "made of the twain ONE NEW MAN". That is NOT a continuation of everything that went before.... even thought it is the SAME GOD that planned it ALL!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There are either "explicit contradictions" in Scripture, or there are not. In any case, I already addressed the context of his statement in Post #174 above.

Is it contradictory that you are saved by the law and temple sacrifice, and that you are saved by faith in Christ alone as sacrifice?

Do i really need to teach you what context is?

You can claim he said something he did not say because of out of context citations, do you wish to win something or be truthful?

Right Divider

Body part
Your statement in Post #163 is that "Some of Gods Word is explicitly contradictory." It's this comment to which I replied, and which I reject, for the reasons already outlined.
So you pervert my comment about a few verses into that lie of your that I said "that the Bible is FULL of contradictions"?

You'd better go straight to confession!

Cruciform

Is it contradictory that you are saved by the law and temple sacrifice, and that you are saved by faith in Christ alone as sacrifice?
There is no genuine contradiction between the two, since justification by faith in Christ is merely the fulfillment and symbolic continuation of Jewish Temple religion. They are not mutually exclusive, but the latter builds upon and completes the former.

Do i really need to teach you what context is?
Given the above, apparently not.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Right Divider

Body part
You are outright lying, he isnt saying they are contradictory, but that certain things when not divided rightly appear to be.
Indeed that I what I was getting at, but Cruciform wants to appear so far above us all to make his religion look good to the undiscerning.

He is just like the people that Paul speaks about in Romans 10:2.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is no genuine contradiction between the two, since justification by faith in Christ is merely the fulfillment and symbolic continuation of Jewish Temple religion. They are not mutually exclusive, but the latter builds upon and completes the former.

Given the above, apparently not.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

yes, one appears to contradict the other, because they are completely different actions for the same thing, but rightly dividing the truth shows one replaced the other, so there is no actual but only appeared contradiction.

Its clear what is being said, unless one is dishonest.

Cruciform

yes, one appears to contradict the other, because they are completely different actions for the same thing, but rightly dividing the truth shows one replaced the other, so there is no actual but only appeared contradiction.
This is only because you lack an adequate understanding of what a "contradiction" actually is. I address this error in Post #174 above.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Indeed that I what I was getting at, but Cruciform wants to appear so far above us all to make his religion look good to the undiscerning.

He is just like the people that Paul speaks about in Romans 10:2.

I agree, he blatently pretended no one could read the context of your posts and tried to make it appear you were saying something way other than what you were talking about.

Thank goodness he apologized after others saw what he was doing.

I already clarified your statement in Post #179 above. I apologize for not quoting you accurately in one post.

Cruciform

I agree, he blatently pretended no one could read the context of your posts and tried to make it appear you were saying something way other than what you were talking about.
Nonsense. My critique of his statement stands exactly as posted. The Bible decidedly does not contain "explicit contradictions."

Your glaring Ad Hominem and Straw Man Fallacies here, however, are noted.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Indeed, the point that I was making is that the Lord Jesus Christ gave Paul NEW instructions and revelations just like Paul claims. And that there is NOTHING in scripture that prohibits the Lord from doing so.

These NEW instructions do NOT INVALIDATE what the Lord taught the TWELVE regarding Israel's prophecies BUT they are NOT the same.

Paul says that the Lord "made of the twain ONE NEW MAN". That is NOT a continuation of everything that went before.... even thought it is the SAME GOD that planned it ALL!

No.

Paul was continuing what the first Apostles had learnt.

It just proves that every believer has to have personal revelation of the truth from the Lord Himself as Paul did, who obeyed the same gospel as all others before him to be saved.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Right Divider

Body part
No.

Paul was continuing what the first Apostles had learnt.

It just proves that every believer has to have personal revelation of the truth from the Lord Himself as Paul did, who obeyed the same gospel as all others before him to be saved.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
What is the ONE NEW MAN?

You are completely clueless, but that's par for the course of a Christ denier.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the ONE NEW MAN?

You are completely clueless, but that's par for the course of a Christ denier.

That one new man includes the apostles and prophets of the day of Pentecost and the 3000 and 5000 thereafter who were the first members of the Body of Christ the Bride, the Church of Christ.

I do not deny Christ.

You learnt that from demon John W.

Try listening to the Lord for a change instead of to your religion.

LA