Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know.
(Rev 20:5) (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

That says the people in the first resurrection will reign with Christ. You said they'd be raised to stand before God?

Yes, which is why Paul said "alive and remain".
Alive and remain "unto the coming of the Lord". And then it describes the coming of the Lord.

Jesus spoke of the wicked being removed before the righteous. (the tares are gathered first and burned before the wheat is gathered)

Paul spoke of the dead in Christ rising first.
When do you thin that tare/wheat sifting will happen?

musterion

The only thing creepy is your obsession of trying and catch me in a "gotcha".

This all comes down to the fact that you are embarrassed that most of your belief system was invented by John Nelson Darby.

It drives you crazy.

Not playing gotcha, just trying to understand what you're saying. You said,

anything that aligns perfectly with scripture is not man made, it's a validation of the scripture.
What is something that (a) perfectly aligns and validates Scripture, (b) without being Scripture nor (c) being man-made?

What IS this thing you speak of? From the sound of it, at the very least it HAS to be inspired by God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

That says the people in the first resurrection will reign with Christ. You said they'd be raised to stand before God?

I believe the first resurrection happened in 70AD. At that resurrection, all believers from Adam to the last believer who died right before the resurrection were resurrected and went to Heaven with Christ Jesus and are in the kingdom with Him right now. Either some of the Saints, or all of them, are reigning with Him right now.

When the second resurrection happens (when the thousand years is over), the unbelievers will be resurrected and stand before God.

All believers who have died since the resurrection in 70AD have instantly gone to the kingdom with the Saints who have been reigning with Him.

Alive and remain "unto the coming of the Lord". And then it describes the coming of the Lord.

(1 Thess 4:17) After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

When do you thin that tare/wheat sifting will happen?

I believe it was a prophecy just for the Jews.

I believe it happened 66AD - 70AD. Over a million Jews were killed in Jerusalem and Judaea during this great tribulation.

Then when the "tares" were removed, the "wheat" were gathered and taken to the barn (the resurrection)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe the first resurrection happened in 70AD. At that resurrection, all believers from Adam to the last believer who died right before the resurrection were resurrected and went to Heaven with Christ Jesus and are in the kingdom with Him right now. Either some of the Saints, or all of them, are reigning with Him right now.

When the second resurrection happens (when the thousand years is over), the unbelievers will be resurrected and stand before God.

All believers who have died since the resurrection in 70AD have instantly gone to the kingdom with the Saints who have been reigning with Him.

(1 Thess 4:17) After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

I believe it was a prophecy just for the Jews.

I believe it happened 66AD - 70AD. Over a million Jews were killed in Jerusalem and Judaea during this great tribulation.

Then when the "tares" were removed, the "wheat" were gathered and taken to the barn (the resurrection)

You got your beliefs from the deceased Catholic priest Luis De Alcazar, correct?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is something that (a) perfectly aligns and validates Scripture, (b) without being Scripture nor (c) being man-made?

I don't think there is such a thing.

What IS this thing you speak of? From the sound of it, at the very least it HAS to be inspired by God.

I think you're reading way too much into this.

Maybe Mormonism is a better example.

I believe what Joseph Smith wrote (Book of Mormon) is a false man made teaching that is contrary to scripture.

The Bible tells us that we are to preach the word of God, and to rebuke false teachings.

(2 Tim 4:2) Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

musterion

I don't think there is such a thing.

You said there is.

anything that aligns perfectly with scripture is not man made, it's a validation of the scripture.
1. Aligns perfectly with and validates Scripture.
2. Is not Scripture.
3. Is not man-made.

You said it, not me.

So quit playing dumb. What is it? The received doctrine of preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said there is.

1. Aligns perfectly with and validates Scripture.
2. Is not Scripture.
3. Is not man-made.

You said it, not me.

So quit playing dumb. What is it? The received doctrine of preterism?

It's this:

(2 Tim 2:42) Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

musterion

If somebody preaches truth that confirms scripture would you call it "man made"?

No, because Scripture confirms itself, for "Thy Word is truth." Another unintended peek into your low view of God's Word there. :wazzup:

No...you're talking about something on the level of Scripture that is neither man-made nor Scripture. That implies extrabiblical inspiration.

musterion

It's this:

(2 Tim 2:42) Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

That's Scripture. You were talking about something else that only aligns with Scripture but isn't man-made.

Or do you mean preterism = the Word?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That implies extrabiblical inspiration.

Nope.

I have never even hinted at extrabiblical inspiration.

Just use Luke 19:44 as the example.

I believe it was fulfilled in 70AD. I believe the million plus Jews who were killed were killed because they rejected their Messiah that God sent to them.

You claim Luke 19:44 didn't happen yet.

Either you're right, or I'm right. We both can't be right. It was either fulfilled or it wasn't.

One of us is validating the verse, and one of us is teaching a falsehood that is contrary to scripture.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope.

I have never even hinted at extrabiblical inspiration.

Just use Luke 19:44 as the example.

I believe it was fulfilled in 70AD. I believe the million plus Jews who were killed were killed because they rejected their Messiah that God sent to them.

You claim Luke 19:44 didn't happen yet.

Either you're right, or I'm right. We both can't be right. It was either fulfilled or it wasn't.

One of us is validating the verse, and one of us is teaching a falsehood that is contrary to scripture.

Be honest, you learned this stuff from Luis De Alcazar.