Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said preterism aligns perfectly with Scripture.

Because disp'ism does not, you say disp'ism can be only a man-made system. Okay, fair enough, for argument's sake.

By the same token, preterism - being perfect - cannot be merely a man-made system. It is also infallible insofar as it aligns perfectly with Scripture.

Correct?

PS You hate ALL of disp'ism, not only the parts that touch on eschatology. You find NOTHING at all correct or redeeming in any distinctive of disp'ism. Isn't that also true?

Tets all messed up now. He don't know which way is up. He's
disoriented and headed for the mat, then, the count.

musterion

"You twist what I say!"

Death cry of the weasel who has simply been quoted and had his own logic followed further than he's bothered to take it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes, when the thousand years are over, unbelievers are resurrected and stand before God the Father.
And what happens to anyone who is still alive?

I have no idea, all I know is that it will only be for unbelievers.
What scriptures?

I believe the first resurrection (believers only) happened in 70AD.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a rapture. I believe what Paul described was that every believer post-70AD who dies is instantly "caught up" to be with the Lord.
So you think this....

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Happens each time that a believer dies?

Paul isn't the only person to talk about being caught up though. Jesus talked about people suddenly being gone as well.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said preterism aligns perfectly with Scripture.

I said it aligns perfectly with Matt 24:34 and other passages.

Because disp'ism does not, you say disp'ism can be only a man-made system. Okay, fair enough, for argument's sake.

Yes, I believe Dispensationalism is a false man made system invented by John Nelson Darby, that does not line up with scripture, is contrary to scripture, and can very easily be proven wrong with scripture.

By the same token, preterism - being perfect - cannot be merely a man-made system.

I never said preterism was perfect.

And, I made it clear preterism isn't a "system" like Dispensationalism is.
It is also infallible insofar as it aligns perfectly with Scripture.

I said anything that aligns perfectly with scripture is not man made, it's a validation of the scripture.

PS You hate ALL of disp'ism, not only the parts that touch on eschatology. You find NOTHING at all correct or redeeming in any distinctive of disp'ism. Isn't that also true?

No, there are some valid things Dispensationalism teaches that are true.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I believe Dispensationalism is a false man made system invented by John Nelson Darby, that does not line up with scripture, is contrary to scripture, and can very easily be proven wrong with scripture.

And, I made it clear preterism isn't a "system" like Dispensationalism is.

I said anything that aligns perfectly with scripture is not man made, it's a validation of the scripture.

Luis De Alcazar would beg to defer with you.

musterion

I said it aligns perfectly with Matt 24:34 and other passages.

Which as an eschatological system makes it perfect and infallible, given your eschatological bent.

I never said preterism was perfect.
As an eschatological system, yes you did. Just did, in fact. Again.

:think:

If it's not Scripture...but aligns perfectly with and validates Scripture...but it's not man-made...what is it? Stuff like this is why you're creepy.

Yes, I believe Dispensationalism... does not line up with scripture, is contrary to scripture, and can very easily be proven wrong with scripture.
No, there are some valid things Dispensationalism teaches that are true.
Square that circle sometime.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what happens to anyone who is still alive?

I don't know.

What scriptures?

(Rev 20:5) (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

So you think this....

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Happens each time that a believer dies?

Yes, which is why Paul said "alive and remain".

Paul isn't the only person to talk about being caught up though. Jesus talked about people suddenly being gone as well.

Jesus spoke of the wicked being removed before the righteous. (the tares are gathered first and burned before the wheat is gathered)

Paul spoke of the dead in Christ rising first.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Which makes its eschatological system perfect and infallible.

:think:

If it's not Scripture, but aligns perfectly with Scripture, but it's not man-made, what is it? Stuff like this is why you're creepy.

Square that circle sometime.

Tet is plagued by "Twilight Zone" reasoning.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which as an eschatological system makes it perfect and infallible, given your eschatological bent.

I never said that.

No I didn't.

I couldn't even answer Kmo's question about what happens to the people on earth after the thousand years is over.

If it's not Scripture, but aligns perfectly with and validates Scripture, but it's not man-made, what is it? Stuff like this is why you're creepy.

The only thing creepy is your obsession of trying and catch me in a "gotcha".

This all comes down to the fact that you are embarrassed that most of your belief system was invented by John Nelson Darby.

It drives you crazy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I never said that.

No I didn't.

I couldn't even answer Kmo's question about what happens to the people on earth after the thousand years is over.

The only thing creepy is your obsession of trying and catch me in a "gotcha".

This all comes down to the fact that you are embarrassed that most of your belief system was invented by John Nelson Darby.

It drives you crazy.

And, yours by Luis De Alcazar a Catholic priest.