Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said disp'ism does not align with infallible Scripture and is therefore man-made.

I said anything that does not align with scripture is man made.

It is my opinion that Dispensationalism does not align with scripture, and therefore man made.

It's also very easy to see that Dispensationlaism was invented by one man, which is why it's not surprising that it doesn't align with scripture.
You said, in contrast, preterism aligns perfectly with infallible Scripture.

It's my opinion that Preterism aligns perfectly with Matt 24:34, and other passages in the Bible.

If it aligns perfectly, then by your measure that proves it cannot be man-made.

If I say "Jesus died on a cross".

Is that man made because I said it?

Or, am I validating the scriptures?

Either way, I'm a fallible person no matter what.

You and Little Johnny W are obsessed with the word "infallible"

Therefore preterism must be infallible and all who teach it, logically, are also infallible.

I have never even hinted at such a ridiculous statement.

Again, you keep twisting everything I say because you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

It is my opinion that Dispensationalism does not align with scripture, and therefore man made.

It's also very easy to see that Dispensationlaism was invented by one man, which is why it's not surprising that it doesn't align with scripture.

It's my opinion that Preterism aligns perfectly with Matt 24:34, and other passages in the Bible.

If I say "Jesus died on a cross".

Is that man made because I said it?

Or, am I validating the scriptures?

I have never even hinted at such a ridiculous statement.

Again, you keep twisting everything I say because you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread.

Like you're obsessed with the name Darby? And, now, Luis De Alcazar"

musterion

We heard that the first ten thousand times.

That too. Stop repeating yourself.

Boring.

We know that. So if it aligns perfectly, and any system that aligns IMperfeclty can only be man-made, then preterism - being perfect in alignment - is not man-made but is infallible, if not inspired. Much like what Catholics believe about Roman doctrine... :think:

We know that too.

You're the one who said you follow infallible men. That now makes sense, since you think preterism is perfect and infallible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We heard that the first ten thousand times.

That too. Stop repeating yourself.

Boring.

We know that. So if it aligns perfectly, and any system that aligns IMperfeclty can only be man-made, then preterism - being perfect in alignment - is not man-made but is infallible, if not inspired. Much like what Catholics believe about Roman doctrine... :think:

We know that too.

You're the one who said you follow infallible men. That now makes sense, since you think preterism is perfect and infallible.

Don't forget the Priest Luis De Alcazar.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So in your timeline, we're in the 1000 years that's mentioned in Revelation.

Correct.

"thousand years" being hyperbole of course, since it's been almost 2,000 years so far.
Eventually Satan will be loosed.

Correct, but just for "a little while".

The problem is, no one knows how long "a little while" is.

Then once that's done it goes straight into the 2nd Resurrection and final judgment?

Yes, when the thousand years are over, unbelievers are resurrected and stand before God the Father.

What will the 2nd resurrection look like?

I have no idea, all I know is that it will only be for unbelievers.

Do you think the 'rapture' passages in 1 Thess already happened?

I believe the first resurrection (believers only) happened in 70AD.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a rapture. I believe what Paul described was that every believer post-70AD who dies is instantly "caught up" to be with the Lord.

Most Dispies can't explain what happens to believers who die today. They either have to claim soul sleep or just body-less spirit going to heaven or Paradise.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Correct.

"thousand years" being hyperbole of course, since it's been almost 2,000 years so far.

Correct, but just for "a little while".

The problem is, no one knows how long "a little while" is.

Yes, when the thousand years are over, unbelievers are resurrected and stand before God the Father.

I have no idea, all I know is that it will only be for unbelievers.

I believe the first resurrection (believers only) happened in 70AD.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a rapture. I believe what Paul described was that every believer post-70AD who dies is instantly "caught up" to be with the Lord.

Most Dispies can't explain what happens to believers who die today. They either have to claim soul sleep or just body-less spirit going to heaven or Paradise.

You got this stuff from Luis De Alcazar. (The Jesuit Priest and inventor
of preterism)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So if it aligns perfectly, and any system that aligns IMperfeclty can only be man-made, then preterism - being perfect in alignment - is not man-made but is infallible, if not inspired. Much like what Catholics believe about Roman doctrine... :think:

First off, Preterism isn't a systematic theology like Dispensationalism is.

Secondly, I never said Preterism was perfect.

You're the one who said you follow infallible men.

Not true.

I have NEVER said that.

That now makes sense, since you think preterism is perfect and infallible.

Nope, not what I think, and never said that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First off, Preterism isn't a systematic theology like Dispensationalism is.

Not true.

I have NEVER said that.

Nope, not what I think, and never said that.

Now you're trying to worm your way out of this mess you've created.
With the help of the inventor of Preterism Luis De Alcazar

musterion

You said preterism aligns perfectly with Scripture.

Because disp'ism does not, you say disp'ism can be only a man-made system. Okay, fair enough, for argument's sake.

By the same token, preterism - being perfect in its alignment to Scripture - cannot be merely a man-made system. It is, in fact, infallible insofar as it aligns perfectly with Scripture.

Correct?

PS You hate ALL of disp'ism, not only the parts that touch on eschatology. You find NOTHING at all correct or redeeming in any distinctive of disp'ism. Isn't that also true?