Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tudorturtl

You're 100% right.

Christ Jesus specifically spoke of "this generation", which was the generation of His contemporaries.

Dispensationalists can't handle this truth because it's a Death Knell to their belief system.

I did misquote back there by inserting the word this and claiming that it might be the key word. I thank God that I said maybe, and I ask all readers to forgive me for not checking before I make such statements. having said that it does seem to be implied by the fact that it is a particular group of people he is talking to. definitely present tense. yet the word as I read it's definition means offspring, and while I do esteem the word of God to be eternal, I must conclude that he is preaching to the living, and not the dead. (at least in the physical sense)

musterion

Spanky,

All disps from Acts 2 to Acts 28 will agree that neither Darby, Bullinger or anyone else since the inspired apostle Paul was infallible, or anything close to it.

So two questions, please:

1. The men who taught preterism before you...are they infallible? I mean the followers of systematized preterism of the last century or so, whose doctrines you follow? Are they infallible? A yes or no will suffice.

2. If they are infallible, how did they come to be infallible?

Thank you.

[I predict his response, if there is one, will again attack dispensationalism despite what I just posted in bold]

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Spanky,

All disps from Acts 2 to Acts 28 will agree that neither Darby, Bullinger or anyone else since the inspired apostle Paul was infallible, or anything close to it.

So: the men who taught preterism before you...are they infallible? I mean the actual followers of preterist system of the last century or so, whose doctrines you follow? Are they infallible?

A yes or no will suffice.

Thank you.

[I predict his response, if there is one, will again attack dispensationalism despite what I just posted in bold]

That's not the point.

The point is that Dispensationalism didn't exist for almost 1,800 years until Darby invented it.

Preterism can't be traced to one man like Dispensationalism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. can. Just in this thread alone you have been given numerous quotes from different men who preached Preterism over 1,500 years ago.

As for fallible and infallible, there has only been one man to ever walk planet earth who was infallible, and that was Christ Jesus.

musterion

That's not the point.

The point is that Dispensationalism didn't exist for almost 1,800 years until Darby invented it.

Preterism can't be traced to one man like Dispensationalism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. can. Just in this thread alone you have been given numerous quotes from different men who preached Preterism over 1,500 years ago.

As for fallible and infallible, there has only been one man to ever walk planet earth who was infallible, and that was Christ Jesus.

Are the teachers of the preterist system infallible? Yes or no.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are the teachers of the preterist system infallible? Yes or no.

Are you not smart enough to figure it out?

I told you there has only been one infallible man to ever walk planet earth, Christ Jesus.

Again, the point isn't fallible vs. infallible.

It's the fact that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism, and what he invented was taught by no one for 1,800 years before he invented it.

It's why you guys are called "Darby Followers", "Darbyites", etc.

Preterism can't be traced to one man like Dispensationalism can.

musterion

Are you not smart enough to figure it out?

I told you there has only been one infallible man to ever walk planet earth, Christ Jesus.

Again, the point isn't fallible vs. infallible.

It's the fact that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism, and what he invented was taught by no one for 1,800 years before he invented it.

It's why you guys are called "Darby Followers", "Darbyites", etc.

Preterism can't be traced to one man like Dispensationalism can.

Just say yes or no, please.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just say yes or no, please.

The only man to ever walk planet earth who was infallible was Christ Jesus.

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus), who said not one stone would be left standing upon another. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus) who said some would not taste death until they saw Him coming in His kingdom. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus) who said the generation of His contemporaries would not all pass away before the prophecies He gave would be fulfilled. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Spanish Jesuit (Catholic) Luis De Alcazar (1554–1613) From now on
when you mention Darby, I'll throw Spanish Jesuit (Catholic) Luis De
Alcazar
(1554–1613) in your face.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The only man to ever walk planet earth who was infallible was Christ Jesus.

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus), who said not one stone would be left standing upon another. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus) who said some would not taste death until they saw Him coming in His kingdom. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD

It was that infallible man (Christ Jesus) who said the generation of His contemporaries would not all pass away before the prophecies He gave would be fulfilled. That prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

Were you there TeT?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Spanish Jesuit (Catholic) Luis De Alcazar (1554–1613) invented it. He is YOUR Darby.

Go back and read all the quotes I provided from Eusebius of Caesarea.

Eusebius of Caesarea lived almost 1,300 years before Alcazar was born.

Back to the drawing board GM.

Also, when did you start following Peter's gospel?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luis De Alcazar is the creator of TeTs faith. He was a Jesuit priest
for the Catholic church. Your secret is out TeT. You're a closet
Catholic. Oh! oh!