Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

OCTOBER23

Lifeisgood,

The Opening statement on the first page includes this verse:

Luke 19:44 (KJV 1900)
44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
-------------------------------------

GROSSNECK said,

I have my own opinions, however, that's all they are. Everybody has them.

The Bible is inspired by God, our personal opinions are not.

-- Now I know why you are SO NEGATIVE BECAUSE You are following your own heart --

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Lifeisgood,

44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

GROSSNECK said,

-- Now I know why you are SO NEGATIVE BECAUSE You are following your own heart --

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Good try, but no cigar. Don't let that stop you though. Any prophesies
for this coming week? I know you like to prophesy even though they
never come to fruition?

OCTOBER23

never come to fruition?
---------------------------------------------------
YES , I PREDICT THAT GROSSNECK IS STILL GOING TO BE

HIS OLD VOCIFEROUS NON-CHRISTIAN SELF

BUT WILL EVENTUALLY STAND BEFORE GOD AND BE ASHAMED OF HIS WORDS.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
never come to fruition?
---------------------------------------------------
YES , I PREDICT THAT GROSSNECK IS STILL GOING TO BE

HIS OLD VOCIFEROUS NON-CHRISTIAN SELF

BUT WILL EVENTUALLY STAND BEFORE GOD AND BE ASHAMED OF HIS WORDS.

You appear to have an anger issue towards GM? Truth hurts at times,
doesn't it? I have called you a false prophet (which you are) because
you've pretended to know the future. Therefore, you're angry. You've
been outed as a false prophet and that angers you. Live with it.

lifeisgood

Lifeisgood,

GROSSNECK said,

Speak English will you!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

Eusebius of Caesarea in his book: "The proof of the Gospel, being the Demonstratio evangelica" said the following:

"When, then, we see what was of old foretold for the nations fulfilled in our own day, and when the lamentation and wailing that was predicted for the Jews, and the burning of the Temple and its utter desolation, can also be seen even now to have occurred according to the prediction, surely we must also agree that the King who was prophesied, the Christ of God, has come, since the signs of His coming have been shewn in each instance I have treated to have been clearly fulfilled."
- Demonstratio Evangelica; Book VIII

As I have told you, the writings of Josephus confirm all the prophecies in Matt 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, Revelation 16, and others.

In his same book, Eusebius of Caesarea said the following:

"If any one compares the words of our Saviour with the other accounts of the historian (Josephus) concerning the whole war, how can one fail to wonder, and to admit that the foreknowledge and the prophecy of our Saviour were truly divine and marvelously strange." - Book III, Ch. VII

Moreover, Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus both wrote about chariots seen in the sky and many other strange phenomena that occurred in Jerusalem in 70AD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More from Eusebius of Caesarea:

"The Holy Scriptures foretell that there will be unmistakable signs of the Coming of Christ. Now there were among the Hebrews three outstanding offices of dignity, which made the nation famous, firstly the kingship, secondly that of prophet, and lastly the high priesthood. The prophecies said that the abolition and complete destruction of all these three together would be the sign of the presence of the Christ. And that the proofs that the times had come, would lie in the ceasing of the Mosaic worship, the desolation of Jerusalem and its Temple, and the subjection of the whole Jewish race to its enemies...The holy oracles foretold that all these changes, which had not been made in the days of the prophets of old, would take place at the coming of the Christ, which I will presently shew to have been fulfilled as never before in accordance with the predictions." - Demonstratio Evangelica VIII

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is Luke 19:44 an Achilles heel for preterism?

It's not, it's a prooftext for Preterism.

mysteryboy actually claims not every stone was left not standing in 70AD. Therefore, mysteryboy claims Luke 19:44 is going to be fulfilled in the future.

mysteryboy has changed his position on Matt 24:34 three times in just the last few months.

First he claimed there was a secret subjunctive clause, then he claimed some stones were still left standing, now he's claiming that "generation" means all people from Adam to those alive today.

mysteryboy is all over the place, and keeps changing his mind, because he knows he can't fit Matt 24:34 or Luke 19:44 into his Dispensationalism.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have then in this prophecy of the Descent of the Lord among men from heaven, many other things foretold at the same time, the rejection of the Jews, the judgment on their impiety, the destruction of their royal city, the abolition of the worship practised by them of old according to the Law of Moses; and on the other hand, promises of good for the nations, the knowledge of God, a new ideal of holiness, a new law and teaching coming forth from the land of the Jews. I leave you to see, how wonderful a fulfilment, how wonderful a completion, the prophecy has reached after the Coming of our Saviour Jesus Christ." - Demonstratio Evangelica; Book VI - Chapter 13

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Matt 24:34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

"And when those that believed in Christ had come thither from Jerusalem, then, as if the royal city of the Jews and the whole land of Judea were entirely destitute of holy men, the judgment of God at length overtook those who had committed such outrages against Christ and his apostles, and totally destroyed that generation of impious men." Book III, Ch. 5