Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Prodigies had occurred, but their expiation by the offering of victims or solemn vows is held to be unlawful by a nation which is the slave of superstition and the enemy of true beliefs. In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash from the clouds lit up the Temple. The doors of the holy place abruptly opened, a superhuman voice was heard to declare that the gods were leaving it, and in the same instant came the rushing tumult of their departure." - Tacitus (A.D. 115),Histories, Book 5, v. 13

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From the Epistle of Barnabas circa 75AD

"Moreover I will tell you likewise concerning the temple, how these wretched men being led astray set their hope on the building, and not on their God that made them, as being a house of God. . . . So it cometh to pass; for because they went to war it was pulled down by their enemies. . . . Again, it was revealed how the city and the temple and the people of Israel should be betrayed. For the scripture saith; and it shall be in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction. And it so happened as the Lord had spoken. " - "Moreover I will tell you likewise concerning the temple, how these wretched men being led astray set their hope on the building, and not on their God that made them, as being a house of God. . . . So it cometh to pass; for because they went to war it was pulled down by their enemies. . . . Again, it was revealed how the city and the temple and the people of Israel should be betrayed. For the scripture saith; and it shall be in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction. And it so happened as the Lord had spoken. " - Barnabas 16:3-4

musterion

From the Epistle of Barnabas circa 75AD

"Moreover I will tell you likewise concerning the temple, how these wretched men being led astray set their hope on the building, and not on their God that made them, as being a house of God. . . . So it cometh to pass; for because they went to war it was pulled down by their enemies. . . . Again, it was revealed how the city and the temple and the people of Israel should be betrayed. For the scripture saith; and it shall be in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction. And it so happened as the Lord had spoken. " - "Moreover I will tell you likewise concerning the temple, how these wretched men being led astray set their hope on the building, and not on their God that made them, as being a house of God. . . . So it cometh to pass; for because they went to war it was pulled down by their enemies. . . . Again, it was revealed how the city and the temple and the people of Israel should be betrayed. For the scripture saith; and it shall be in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction. And it so happened as the Lord had spoken. " - Barnabas 16:3-4

You already quoted Eusebius favorably so...

Eusebius (263-339) considered it unworthy of the canon: “Among spurious books must be placed…the alleged Epistle of Barnabas…” (Eccclesiastical History, 3.25)
http://blogforthelordjesusreferenceshelf.com/2015/02/08/letter-of-barnabas/

Sloppy. Flailing. You're desperate to prove what can't be proved because it didn't happen. Stop embarrassing yourself.

musterion

Incidentally, where does the Bible even say this?

"And it shall be in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction"
"Barnabas" (whoever that was) said Scripture says the above. You cite "Barney" as an authority. I want you to tell us where in the Bible your authority "Barney" got that quote. Chapter and verse, please.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I asked you for a contemporary to the event saying it was the return of Christ per the NT.

Why is it that you take a quote from Josephus in your attempt to prove Luke 19:44 wasn't fulfilled, but you don't believe everything else Josephus wrote?

musterion

Here's a visual representation of Tet's best, bottom dollar, hole card, bottom of the 9th, last ditch, Hail Mary sources in response to our question.

rocky4dead.JPG

john w

Hall of Fame
I never said the Roman army "is" Jesus Christ.

Nor did I say Christ Jesus came in the "form" of the Roman army.
I have often used Isaiah 19:1 to show what I meant, but that hasn't stopped the Darby Followers from misrepresenting me.

(Isaiah 19:1) See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt....

As for the chariots horses hoofs, Josephus wrote the following about what happened in 70AD:

"I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. " - (Jewish Wars, VI-V-3)

The Preterist punk lies so much, due to his obsession, he cannot keep track of all of his lies.

"Nor did I say Christ Jesus came in the "form" of the Roman army."-Tellalie

Like you never said, in your denial to STP, when he asserted that you said, " The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army."

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

He lies, again:

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

=satanic, also, as no scripture says that the Lord Jesus Chris would lose His "flesh and bone" glorified, resurrected body, with which He ascended to the third heaven, when He returned-NADA. Satanic Preterism, Craigie being a shill, makes this up.

The lie...according to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

You wicked deceiver.

Now for over the 100th time, Craigie, identify this "everyone"that allegedly saw this "Jesus" return in 70 AD, this "Jesus" who returned with no "flesh and bone," but merely a "disembodied spirit."
Gives us names, citations. ___________________

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Vs. Preterist Perverter Craigie Tellalie:

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Shazam, Gomer Tellalie! The Roman army was looking for the Saviour, for their salvation/deliverance, and He appeared to them!!!!!! That is the second coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preterist scam snake oil................

Tellalie: Signs are invisible....Darby....Everyone saw Him, as that everyone was Josephus, Wikipedia.....you see, uh, urr, well.............

musterion

Why is it that you take a quote from Josephus in your attempt to prove Luke 19:44 wasn't fulfilled, but you don't believe everything else Josephus wrote?

Why is it you can't find a contemporary to the event that claimed it was the return of Christ per the NT?

Look...if you'd just be honest enough for once to admit that no such source exists, we all can go on from here on some new ground instead of the same old. Wouldn't that be nice?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is it you can't find a contemporary to the event that claimed it was the return of Christ per the NT?

I don't have to.

The events that took place confirm it.

Even if I showed you something, you would still deny it. I have showed you document after document that shows not one stone was left standing in Jerusalem in 70AD, and you still claim Luke 19:44 is unfulfilled.

You are not interested in learning truth, you are only interested in defending your Dispensationalism.

john w

Hall of Fame
And Tet will say you're lying or crazy, because it's impossible that anyone could come to the view we have without somehow getting it from Darby.

And the deceiving punk, in hypocrisy, claims that he learned of this "70 AD-ism" jazz, and "Roman army second coming" "invention," from just reading the bible, nobody having taught him it-lies. He gets it directly from his AD 70-sm/Preterist "teachers," such as J. Stuart Russell, DeMar, Gentry, Dennis, Curtis, Sprouls, Hannegraaf..................................and, then, the whited wall wines, pines, cries about MADist/dispies learning from other men, such as Darby, as directed by the scriptures, while he does the same thing.

Tellalie Craigie-the habitual, two faced actress, liar of TOL.

Which side of that soft, pudgy cheek do you want slapped, Craigie?

musterion

I don't have to.

Yes you do. If you don't, you're left with a doctrine that wasn't taught back in the day but was developed many years later by men far removed from the initial event.

Just like what you dismiss disp'ism as being. :banana:

Luke 19:44.

Even if I showed you something, you would still deny it.
Well NOW I would because you just took your best shot, and failed.

I have showed you document after document that shows not one stone was left standing in Jerusalem in 70AD, and you still claim Luke 19:44 is unfulfilled.
Josephus -- YOUR source, not mine -- refutes you, not me.

You are not interested in learning truth, you are only interested in defending your Dispensationalism.
You are not interested in learning truth, you are only interested in defending your Preterism.

Know how I know that? The best you can do is quote an authorless, spurious, rejected epistle, an unbelieving cosmopolitan Jew, and a heathen Roman as YOUR BEST WITNESSES for preterism.

You're a sad, sad man.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes you do. If you don't, you're left with a doctrine that wasn't taught back in the day but was developed many years later by men far removed from the initial event.

First off, hardly any writings remain from that part of the world during that time period.

In fact, the writings of Josephus are the only eye-witness writings of the destruction of Jerusalem that exist to this day.

Just like what you dismiss disp'ism as being.

Not even close.

I can show all kinds of preterism from the early church fathers, whereas Darby's secret rapture is nowhere to be found.

Josephus refutes you, not me.

I gave you the Josephus quote that proves you wrong.

Again, you are not interested in truth, you are all about winning and defending your Dispensationalism.
You are not interested in learning truth, you are only interested in defending your Preterism.

Until somebody can give me an explanation for Matt 24:34 and many other verses in the Bible that support Preterism, I see no other explanation that makes sense.

You have flip flopped three times in just the last few months. That's because you know you can't explain it.

Know how I know that? The best you can do is quote an authorless, spurious, rejected epistle, an unbelieving cosmopolitan Jew, and a heathen Roman as YOUR BEST WITNESSES for preterism.

You're a sad, sad man.

I can defend Preterism solely with the Bible.

I don't have to change the meanings of "this", "near", "end times", "soon", "these last days", and many other words in the Bible like you have to in order to make your Dispensationalism work.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't have to.

Even if I showed you something, you would still deny it. I have showed you document after document that shows not one stone was left standing in Jerusalem in 70AD, and you still claim Luke 19:44 is unfulfilled.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Got it, you deceiving charlatan.

The deceiving punk lies so much, he is caught in a string of yarn, and neurons, and ropes, and cobwebs.............

Identify this "everyone" that saw this "un physical" Saviour return in 70 AD, which was the Roman army, Craigie.

Do be a dear. And also tell us about how signs can be invisible.