Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(2 Tim 4:3-4) For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers (Darby, O'Hair, Stam, Bullinger, etc) to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths (Dispensationalism)

I wouldn't add words into the word of God. Even to make a point.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You're a Zionist, maybe something from the Jerusalem Talmud will convince you.

Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open”
- Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157

I am a Zionist only as far as the Scriptures are Zionist.

Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is TOL member Chrysostom?

I have a quote from the real Chrysostom:

"For I will ask them, Did He send the prophets and wise men? Did they slay them in their synagogue? Was their house left desolate? Did all the vengeance come upon that generation? It is quite plain that it was so, and no man gainsays it." - Homily LXXIV

john w

Hall of Fame
You're a Zionist, maybe something from the Jerusalem Talmud will convince you.

Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open”
- Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157

You are an "anti Semite," and Christ hater, hating Him, and His chosen for service nation, the nation Israel, just like your father, the devil, and the Roman Catholic Organization.

john w

Hall of Fame
I do both

"TeT, do you try and share the Gospel to others or do you just
preach preterism?"-GM

Another lie:

1."I am not here to teach, advise, or evangelize anyone."-Craigie

2.Pervert-you assert that anyone can "deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough," and yet they are saved. That is your "good news."

"Not to mention, Darby followers deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough. They claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement."-Craigie Tet.

"Dispensationalism is not a salvational issue....MADists are saved...I have never said that dispensationalists are not saved.........."-Craigie

You habitual liar, perverter, devil boy,

john w

Hall of Fame
What's your personal testimony of how you became a Christian?

Yes,Tellalie. Tell us a little about how you testified that you were brought to Christ by the law, and agreed, on record, that the law serves to bring others to Christ today, and yet, the "law was nailed to the cross."

Want to see your own quotes again, devil boy?

No, you don't.

Just watch the habitual liar's obfuscation, spin, dodge ball, emotional rant, re-defining of words,......

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If Tet were to give a reasonable testimony of how he
received the Gospel, maybe he could possibly have
some kind of validity? In such a case, it could be that
he just got a hold of some false doctrine? However,
if he refuses to give his personal testimony, he most
likely isn't a true Christian?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If Tet were to give a reasonable testimony of how he
received the Gospel, maybe he could possibly have
some kind of validity? In such a case, it could be that
he just got a hold of some false doctrine? However,
if he refuses to give his personal testimony, he most
likely isn't a true Christian?

:doh:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's not, it's a prooftext for Preterism.
If it's one way or the other it does seem like it's better for preterism than not. :idunno:

mysteryboy actually claims not every stone was left not standing in 70AD. Therefore, mysteryboy claims Luke 19:44 is going to be fulfilled in the future.

mysteryboy has changed his position on Matt 24:34 three times in just the last few months.

First he claimed there was a secret subjunctive clause, then he claimed some stones were still left standing, now he's claiming that "generation" means all people from Adam to those alive today.

mysteryboy is all over the place, and keeps changing his mind, because he knows he can't fit Matt 24:34 or Luke 19:44 into his Dispensationalism.

:think:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think his testimony has nothing to do with this thread so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up. And he certainly has no obligation to tell us his testimony if he doesn't want to, in this thread or any other thread.

I have a right to ask. Are you in control of this forum? Do
we answer to you big shot? Mind your own business.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
"But our Master...being a prophet by an inborn and every-flowing Spirit, and knowing all things at all times, He confidently set forth, plainly as I said before, sufferings, places, appointed times, manners, limits. Accordingly, therefore, prophesying concerning the temple, He said: "See ye these buildings? Verily I say to you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another which shall not be taken away [Matt. 24:3]; and this generation shall not pass until the destruction begin [Matt. 24:34]..." And in like manner He spoke in plain words the things that were straightway to happen, which we can now see with our eyes, in order that the accomplishment might be among those to whom the word was spoken." Clement of Alexandria

"Accordingly the times must be inquired into of the predicted and future nativity of the Christ, and of His passion, and of the extermination of the city of Jerusalem, that is, its devastation. For Daniel says, that "both the holy city and the holy place are exterminated together with the coming Leader, and that the pinnacle is destroyed unto ruin." And so the times of the coming Christ, the Leader, must be inquired into, which we shall trace in Daniel; and, after computing them, shall prove Him to be come, even on the ground of the times prescribed, and of competent signs and operations of His. Which matters we prove, again, on the ground of the consequences which were ever announced as to follow His advent; in order that we may believe all to have been as well fulfilled as foreseen." Tertullian
"If any one compares the words of our Saviour with the other accounts of the historian (Josephus) concerning the whole war, how can one fail to wonder, and to admit that the foreknowledge and the prophecy of our Saviour were truly divine and marvelously strange." Eusebius
"And when those that believed in Christ had come thither from Jerusalem, then, as if the royal city of the Jews and the whole land of Judea were entirely destitute of holy men, the judgment of God at length overtook those who had committed such outrages against Christ and his apostles, and totally destroyed that generation of impious men." Eusebius Pamphillius

"When did prophet and vision cease from Israel? Was it not when Christ came, the Holy One of holies? It is, in fact, a sign and notable proof of the coming of the Word that Jerusalem no longer stands, neither is prophet raised up nor vision revealed among them. And it is natural that it should be so, for when He that was signified had come, what need was there any longer of any to signify Him? And when the Truth had come, what further need was there of the shadow? On His account only they prophesied continually, until such time as Essential Righteousness has come, Who was made the Ransom for the sins of all. For the same reason Jerusalem stood until the same time, in order that there men might premeditate the types before the Truth was known. So, of course, once the Holy One of holies had come, both vision and prophecy were sealed. And the kingdom of Jerusalem ceased at the same time, because kings were to be anointed among them only until the Holy of holies had been anointed. Moses also prophesies that the kingdom of the Jews shall stand until His time, saying, "A ruler shall not fail from Judah nor a prince from his loins, until the things laid up for him shall come and the Expectation of the nations Himself." And that is why the Savior Himself was always proclaiming "The law and the prophets prophesied until John." So if there is still king or prophet or vision among the Jews, they do well to deny that Christ is come; but if there is neither king nor vision, and since that time all prophecy has been sealed and city and temple taken, how can they be so irreligious, how can they so flaunt the facts, as to deny Christ Who has brought it all about?.. What more is there for their Expected One to do when he comes? To call the heathen? But they are called already. To put an end to prophet and king and vision? But this too has already happened. To expose the Goddenyingness of idols? It is already exposed and condemned. Or to destroy death? It is already destroyed. What then has not come to pass that the Christ must do? What is there left out or unfulfilled that the Jews should disbelieve so light-heartedly? The plain fact is, as I say, that there is no longer any king or prophet nor Jerusalem nor sacrifice nor vision among them; yet the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of God, and the Gentiles, forsaking atheism, are now taking refuge with the God of Abraham through the Word, our Lord Jesus Christ." Athanasius
"Then to show that He Himself also will assail the Jews with them, and war on them, He speaks not of battles only, but also of plagues sent from God, famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, showing that the wars also He Himself permitted to come upon them, and that these things do not happen for no purpose according to what has been before the accustomed course of things amongst men, but proceed from the wrath on high." John Crystostom