Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

Interplanner

The revolt was only a local revolt i.e. among the Jews, the man of lawlessness was not revealed, the son of perdition, nobody sat in the temple claiming he was God.

This is all mistaken TL. The final leader of the revolt was a horrible person, and Dan 8 had said that there would be a leader of the 'rebellion that desolates.' Both Josephus and Caiaphas understood this was coming. Caiaphas thought he could interpose and save the nation; Jn 12 and 18. Actually, all the final events took place in the temple complex--the final internecine fighting between Gischala and the others.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But the wrath or judgement of God upon unbelieving Israel in that event is not an insane notion. In order for God to execute that, He has to 'come' and do it.

Exactly

Luke 19:44 tells us why He came and did it

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

The Lord came and destroyed Jerusalem because they rejected Christ Jesus.

That was the coming of the Lord.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, he wasn't inspired of God and didn't add to the Bible right?

What Josephus wrote, confirms what is written in the Bible.

For example, the book of Revelation tells us that the city of Jerusalem would be divided into three parts:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Josephus described the city in 66AD:

"And now there were three treacherous factions in the city, the one parted from the other."
- Book V, Chapter I, Section 6

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What Josephus wrote, confirms what is written in the Bible.

For example, the book of Revelation tells us that the city of Jerusalem would be divided into three parts:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Josephus described the city in 66AD:

"And now there were three treacherous factions in the city, the one parted from the other."
- Book V, Chapter I, Section 6

You have a very confused mind. I wouldn't want to visit there.

lifeisgood

re Satan's binding.
Even though I find that the Rev is about the 1st century catastrophe in Judea, ch 20 still says that Satan was loosed for a little while, after that catastrophe and before the NHNE. I believe that is what Tet had in mind. By rumor that he is free or in charge, he accomplishes many disinformed things around the world, though, right?

Tetelestai says what he means and means what he says.

Tet has said to me that Satan is still bound after 2,000 years. My Bible does not say such.

Taken from John w well-documented responses from tetelestai:
"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread
Tet: "Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."
Tet: "The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."
Tet: "Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"
Tet: “And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”

Musterion has requested some info:
Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I place my faith in the Holy Bible alone. Don't need other peoples accounts
of what supposedly happens/happened. TeT, I don't place my faith in
anything you say. If you said there were no clouds in the sky, I'd take
an umbrella outside to check.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Tetelestai says what he means and means what he says.

Tet has said to me that Satan is still bound after 2,000 years. My Bible does not say such.

Taken from John w well-documented responses from tetelestai:
"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread
Tet: "Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."
Tet: "The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."
Tet: "Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"
Tet: “And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”

Musterion has requested some info:
Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

No doubt Satan uses people like TeT to confuse the true meaning
of things written in the Scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TeT blames a guy name Darby (who most of us never heard of) for the belief
in different dispensations. I believe that we're living in the Dispensation of
Grace. I never heard of Darby before coming to TOL. I see the proof of what
Paul talked about in the written word of God. Not from TeT, Josephus, or
anybody else.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Before I open the Bible to read/study I pray that God will
give me wisdom and the ability to understand what I'm
about to read. I let the Holy Spirit help me, not TeT,
Josephus, Darby, etc.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This is all mistaken TL. The final leader of the revolt was a horrible person, and Dan 8 had said that there would be a leader of the 'rebellion that desolates.' Both Josephus and Caiaphas understood this was coming. Caiaphas thought he could interpose and save the nation; Jn 12 and 18. Actually, all the final events took place in the temple complex--the final internecine fighting between Gischala and the others.

The leader of the revolt was not the man of lawlessness who opposes everything called God....he was Jewish and a man of the law.

Nor did he sit in the temple and claim that he himself was God....nor did Christ destroy him with the breath of His mouth.

These things simply did not happen.

lifeisgood

There are several things that could qualify as a coming when seen before the Gospel event:
the resurrection
the teaching for 40 days
the Spirit on the day of Pentecost
the incoming of the nations in faith
the wrath and judgement on Israel in 66+

Not that any of these are the final 2nd coming in judgement on all nations, but I don't see where he claimed that.

That’s because you have never read all of his posts.

Tet has continuously asserted in these our TOL battle grounds that the second coming of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has already happened in the form of the Roman Army in 70AD and everyone saw the event.

Do you have any scrolls or papyri from immediately after 70AD giving the minute details of such an INCREDIBLY AWESOME momentous event transpiring as the second coming of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in clouds of glory? It would be mind boggling to be able to read first hand accounts from MANY, many, many people, even if simple scribbles on pieces of pottery or animal skins or papyri.

The shock of such an event would demand that all who saw it would leave some type of information of what they saw, I'd say.

Can you imagine yourself seeing Jesus Christ glorious second return happening with your own eyes and saying absolutely nothing to no one? Writing nothing anywhere? Having someone else write something if you cannot, for whatever reason? Ever?

Where are all the WRITTEN WITNESSES of such a momentous event immediately after it happened? Don't need ALL the written witnesses, two or three written witnesses would suffice for me as the Bible demands.