Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is correct.

That happened in 70AD

Nope

What does "alive and remain" mean?

I think it means and remain after the great persecution.

But it doesn't matter Paul says they will be caught up together with those who slept to meet the Lord in the clouds.

That accounts for the WHOLE church

whitestone

Back to Dispensationalism 101 for you.

Dispensationalism claims the church will have been raptured away before the two witnesses in Revelation make their appearance.

That's curious for you to say that,when you said to me once that you had spent hundreds of hours studying dispensationism. You seem to lump sum all this together and call it "Darby" because you have an great hatred for J.N. Darby so you take the shotgun approach at any and all dispensationist.

Now you would think you yourself would be curious and look over the www at the different debates/discussions that dispies have among their own selves. And then also look at the different things they held different positions on throughout history.

Now as for me I rather have great respect for my dispensational brothers and sisters Ive both met here on TOL and in other places and I'll tell you why. That is that the thing that they/we admire and respect is that we want to be able to express our own position on certain matters without being ridiculed.

Honesty as you have probably seen here on TOL is often spoken of (expl.) "at least I'm honest about how I feel". So whether one thinks this way about a position in disp. and many others feel differently about it is simply things we will discuss among our own selves. But I feel completely comfortable in the fact that I can be "HONEST" about the way I feel on certain matters whether or not I know they do or do not see it the same.

If Paul had thought there were some sort of Zapping effect that programmed us all into the same exact level of understanding,then he would not have coined the phrases "as milk",,or "then meat' he would have simply zapped us. But I am glad for the comfort of being able to be "a little different" without fear of mine own brothers and sisters.

So I'll give you a few links in this one scroll down to where it states "the vast majority of disp. hold to the pre.trib....,,with small minorities to the mid.,,,post ect.ect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

Here is an interesting article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Wills_Newton about Newton and here are the things he thought http://www.pbministries.org/Eschatology/fromow/fromow01.htm ,,,,,,,,

But not that I claim to be a follower of Newton but rather to help you understand that taking a shotgun approach at dispensationism and to lump sum it all under the heading of "Darbyite"is rather revealing of your lack of understanding of it(not meaning that offensive).

john w

Hall of Fame
Written to the Jews.

Still waiting, for over 2 years, perveter Tellalie:

It is undisputed, that you "invented" this satanic "doctrine:"

-That the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, the law that he never taught,

-People are brought to Christ, in the past, and now, by being taught the law, by the Levites, by Christ rejecting Jews, and not by the LORD God, who,by definition, is the Lord Jesus Christ,

-That the Lord Jesus Christ lost His "flesh and bone" body, upon ascending to heaven, and thus is not a man today, is just some "disembodied spirit," and thus is not the mediator between God and man,

-That there is no redemption of the body,the adoption, promised to members of the boc, thus perverting the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

-That the Roman army in AD 70, was the second coming, "the second time," and that the Roman army was looking for the return of the Saviour, for their salvation, as you assert...

And you cannot provide anyone, on record, that ever taught this satanic "doctrine" of yours, before you did.
Right Craigie pie?

Not a peep.

Show us some documentation, Craigie, re. this "The Roman army in 70 AD" was the second coming. Show us others teaching that, before you. Show us the books, from which you plagiarized that, devil boy.

I thought so. Craigie suffers another "death knell!!!!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Was Cain murdered between the temple and the alter?

It is undisputed, that you "invented" this satanic "doctrine:"

-That the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, the law that he never taught,

-People are brought to Christ, in the past, and now, by being taught the law, by the Levites, by Christ rejecting Jews, and not by the LORD God, who,by definition, is the Lord Jesus Christ,

-That the Lord Jesus Christ lost His "flesh and bone" body, upon ascending to heaven, and thus is not a man today, is just some "disembodied spirit," and thus is not the mediator between God and man,

-That there is no redemption of the body,the adoption, promised to members of the boc, thus perverting the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

-That the Roman army in AD 70, was the second coming, "the second time," and that the Roman army was looking for the return of the Saviour, for their salvation, as you assert...

And you cannot provide anyone, on record, that ever taught this satanic "doctrine" of yours, before you did.
Right Craigie pie?

Not a peep.

Show us some documentation, Craigie, re. this "The Roman army in 70 AD" was the second coming. Show us others teaching that, before you. Show us the books, from which you plagiarized that, devil boy.

Once again, the punk won't take me on, one on one.

You wimp, "scurrying like a cockroach, when the light...", the great saint John W, shines the light on his satanism.

Right, devil boy? Right...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Right Craigie pie?

Not a peep.

Once again, the punk won't take me on, one on one.

You wimp, "scurrying like a cockroach, when the light...", the great saint John W, shines the light on his satanism.

Right, devil boy? Right...

He IS the only one spewing his own little doctrines

john w

Hall of Fame
That's curious for you to say that,when you said to me once that you had spent hundreds of hours studying dispensationism. You seem to lump sum all this together and call it "Darby" because you have an great hatred for J.N. Darby so you take the shotgun approach at any and all dispensationist.

Now you would think you yourself would be curious and look over the www at the different debates/discussions that dispies have among their own selves. And then also look at the different things they held different positions on throughout history.

Now as for me I rather have great respect for my dispensational brothers and sisters Ive both met here on TOL and in other places and I'll tell you why. That is that the thing that they/we admire and respect is that we want to be able to express our own position on certain matters without being ridiculed.

Honesty as you have probably seen here on TOL is often spoken of (expl.) "at least I'm honest about how I feel". So whether one thinks this way about a position in disp. and many others feel differently about it is simply things we will discuss among our own selves. But I feel completely comfortable in the fact that I can be "HONEST" about the way I feel on certain matters whether or not I know they do or do not see it the same.

If Paul had thought there were some sort of Zapping effect that programmed us all into the same exact level of understanding,then he would not have coined the phrases "as milk",,or "then meat' he would have simply zapped us. But I am glad for the comfort of being able to be "a little different" without fear of mine own brothers and sisters.

So I'll give you a few links in this one scroll down to where it states "the vast majority of disp. hold to the pre.trib....,,with small minorities to the mid.,,,post ect.ect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

Here is an interesting article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Wills_Newton about Newton and here are the things he thought http://www.pbministries.org/Eschatology/fromow/fromow01.htm ,,,,,,,,

But not that I claim to be a follower of Newton but rather to help you understand that taking a shotgun approach at dispensationism and to lump sum it all under the heading of "Darbyite"is rather revealing of your lack of understanding of it(not meaning that offensive).

The punk is so obsessed with allegedly disproving dispensationalism, he engages in lies, deceit, sophistry, and hypocrisy, as one of his "arguments" is that "dispies" "follow the teachings of men," namely, "Darby," which is deceitful, as all of us are to learn from other "men," unless, of course, the charlatan is claiming he/we is taught/are to be taught directly by God, as one of the ministries, within the boc, is "teachers....teaching...teach...." And this deceitful punk, has admitted, that he follows the teachings of his AD 70-ism/Preterist teachers(I have his quotes, and plagiarizing), but, in deceit, he denies it.

He is a deceitful, habitual liar, and hypocrite, and this is his rep., on TOL.

Just ask him where he learned this "AD 70-ism," and that the Roman army was the second coming, as you certainly won't find it in the book-someone taught him that. You won't get a peep out of the charlatan. He is a disingenuous fraud, a con artist, engaging in snake oil spreading, and deceit, sophistry.

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

He lies, again:

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

=satanic, also, as no scripture says that the Lord Jesus Chris would lose His "flesh and bone" glorified, resurrected body, with which He ascended to the third heaven, when He returned-NADA. Satanic Preterism, Craigie being a shill, makes this up.

The lie...according to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

You wicked deceiver.

Now for over the 100th time, Craigie, identify this "everyone"that allegedly saw this "Jesus" return in 70 AD, this "Jesus" who returned with no "flesh and bone," but merely a "disembodied spirit."
Gives us names, citations. ___________________

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Vs. Preterist Perverter Craigie Tellalie:

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Shazam, Gomer Tellalie! The Roman army was looking for the Saviour, for their salvation/deliverance, and He appeared to them!!!!!! That is the second coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preterist scam snake oil................

whitestone

yep,if Muslims say "all Christians,ect.",,then each and every Christian denomination is going to defend themselves all at once. The same if he says "all dispy's ect.",,,well then each and every flavor will band together against him.

lol,he doesn't seem to see himself as attacking a multitude of camps when he misuses those words,lol,,,and it seems to be confusing him as to why ones pulling his hair while another is stepping on his foot "it's foggy grey to him",,,

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
He IS the only one spewing his own little doctrines

Be sure of what you think you know for certain.

The Jews lost their city, their temple, fellowship with God and salvation because they did not know who it was walking in those sandals the first time He came.

Is it possible for large groups of believers to miss the obvious?
We know it is - the Creation/Evolution debate proves it, regardless of which side you see it from.

How does the belief that God, in the person of Jesus, orchestrated a devastating judgement upon a dead system of worship and those who rejected and killed Him hinder the Gospel?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Be sure of what you think you know for certain.

The Jews lost their city, their temple, fellowship with God and salvation because they did not know who it was walking in those sandals the first time He came.

Is it possible for large groups of believers to miss the obvious?
We know it is - the Creation/Evolution debate proves it, regardless of which side you see it from.

How does the belief that God, in the person of Jesus, orchestrated a devastating judgement upon a dead system of worship and those who rejected and killed Him hinder the Gospel?

What does this mean?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
What does this mean?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

My personal opinion:

I think it means that Gentiles are not to think that Jews cannot be saved or that the door of faith in Christ is closed to them.

Christ-blindness has happened to some Jews but not all; of whom Paul was the best example. But just as they are not all Israel, which are of Israel, the kingdom of God will be populated not according to ethnicity but by election and therefore all elect Israel shall be saved.

That group of elect Jews and Gentiles will together make up "all Israel", the "people of God", the "bride of Christ".

"And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved."
Romans 9

musterion

To all preterists on this thread, since there seems to be more than one.

Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

Replies containing the words dispensationalism, Darby, Bullinger, desperation or anything else that avoids the question will be taken to mean there was no one.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

I'm not the one quoting stuff out of context

That would be you

Why would you quote something that has nothing to do with a rapture, and claim it pertains to the rapture?

Are you not embarrassed by your post?

Your post was a joke

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeease, tet.

You claim that Satan is still bound after 2,000 years, when God said no such thing.

You think that Jesus Christ is a Roman Army of the 70ADs.

You believe God was not God, until Moses, Pharaoh, etc. knew about it.

You believe MAD didn't exist until the mid 1800's.

You believe "Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."

Talk about a joke.

musterion

I am convinced he was never a dispensationalist; not one that actually understood the basics of the system, anyway. He rails while showing only the most basic, surface understanding of it that can be borrowed anywhere -- that's ignorance. Worse than that, he repeatedly misrepresents what WE tell him we do and do not believe -- that's dishonesty. So he's a liar. Nothing he says is to be believed (imo).