Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you embarrass yourself like this?.......Instead of copying and pasting from a Dispensational website, you should really do some research first.....
You should really do some research before you blindly go to a Dispensational website and copy and paste something out of context to support your rapture heresy.

You flaming little devil, and whited wall, as all you do is plagiarize from your Preterist/AD 70 books, websites, stealing from Hannegraaf, Stuart, DeMar, Gentry, Curtis.................

musterion

Was Jesus literally a lamb?

Was Jesus literally a cornerstone?

Were the Apostles literally a foundation of a building?

Was Jesus literally a shepherd?

Did Jesus literally have a herd of sheep?

Was Jesus literally a gate?

Was Israel literally an olive tree?

Is the word of God literally bread?

Is there a literal harvest at the end of the world?

Did literal milk and honey flow in the rivers when Joshua crossed the Jordan?

I could go on and on steko.

Why is that when you say something is figurative it's ok, but when I do, I'm accused of "spiritualizing"?

Yet his whole career on TOL is built upon he alone saying which verses are to be taken literally and which must only be taken figuratively.

john w

Hall of Fame
Still waiting, for over 2 years, perveter Tellalie:

It is undisputed, that you "invented" this satanic "doctrine:"

-That the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, the law that he never taught,

-People are brought to Christ, in the past, and now, by being taught the law, by the Levites, by Christ rejecting Jews, and not by the LORD God, who,by definition, is the Lord Jesus Christ,

-That the Lord Jesus Christ lost His "flesh and bone" body, upon ascending to heaven, and thus is not a man today, is just some "disembodied spirit," and thus is not the mediator between God and man,

-That there is no redemption of the body,the adoption, promised to members of the boc, thus perverting the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

-That the Roman army in AD 70, was the second coming, "the second time," and that the Roman army was looking for the return of the Saviour, for their salvation, as you assert...

And you cannot provide anyone, on record, that ever taught this satanic "doctrine" of yours, before you did.
Right Craigie pie?

Not a peep.

Show us some documentation, Craigie, re. this "The Roman army in 70 AD" was the second coming. Show us others teaching that, before you. Show us the books, from which you plagiarized that, devil boy.

I thought so. Craigie suffers another "death knell!!!!"

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You've gone from a subjunctive mood, to claiming there were three towers still standing in 70AD, to " this generation" meaning all of mankind since Cain.

Vs.

"Spelling was never one of my strong points."-Craigie Tellalie

You fraud-you plagiarized that from other websites, "teacher."

Why do you follow "the inventions of men," Craigie? You taught us that-we learned that from you, Gentry-ite.

john w

Hall of Fame
First off, the quote you give above is from Treatise VII, which is called "On the Mortality". HERE

You should read the opening paragraph, it talks about the diseases and deaths that were taking place at that time.

The quote you gave, when taken in context, is referring to individuals who were getting sick and dying, NOT a rapture of the church.

Here is what the preceding verse of the quote you gave says:

" laying aside the fear of death, let us think on the immortality which follows. By this let us show ourselves to be what we believe, that we do not grieve over the departure of those dear to us (previous deaths), and that when the day of our summons shall arrive (we get deadly infection), we come without delay and without resistance to the Lord when He Himself calls us.”.

Again, the context is about disease, sickness, and dying, NOT a secret rapture of the church.

Also, whatever Dispensational website you got the quote from misquotes Cyprian. Your quote says "early departure", that is not correct, the correct document says "earlier departure", meaning getting sick and dying from disease earlier than planned, NOT a secret rapture of the church.

You should really do some research before you blindly go to a Dispensational website and copy and paste something out of context to support your rapture heresy.

You fraud, hypocrite-you plagiarized that/copynpaste that from another website.

Why do you follow "the inventions of men," Craigie? You taught us that-we learned that from you, Gentry-ite.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
For some reason, you think the return of Christ was supposed to be like the movie Independence Day, when Will Smith walked out his front door and saw a giant spaceship in the sky.
You don't think there are scriptures that describe it in a way that would be very noticeable? What do you do with this?

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm fascinated by preterism. I think it makes sense of some scriptures that you have to twist around if you want it to mean something in the future. However, I think there are other passages that would cause trouble for a preterist view.

The view that might make the most sense is that Jesus did mean his own generation but things didn't come to pass as he and his followers thought. Most people will reject that as a possibility though.

LoneStar

So....these flesh and blood people who were alive at the time the Lord Jesus was speaking were the same people who killed Zacharias, son of Barachias in 2Ch_24:20-22. :loser:

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
To me, the 'you' and 'ye' in the verse is citing the Jewish people. The same people God sent the prophets.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Lines up perfect with what Peter and Paul said:

(Acts 2:23) This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

(1 Thess 2:15) Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

The temple was destroyed in 70AD, with not one stone left standing upon another. Over a million Jews were killed, and the city of Jerusalem was leveled to the ground.

The events of 70AD were prophesied by Jesus, and Jesus makes it clear in Luke 19:44 that the destruction took place because that generation of Jews not only rejected Christ Jesus, they killed Him.

Looks like your fellow posters, not only don't believe you, they don't
like you as well? What a guy. You're not exactly, a man of the people,
are ya?

john w

Hall of Fame
So who was it in AD 70 wrote that the Roman legion was actually the return of a vengeful Christ?

He won't touch that question-I've been asking him that for over 2 years. He even agreed to answer it, in a thread, but bailed on it, as is his MO. He punted 4 threads, of which I started in his "honor," addressing his satanic assertions.

All the punk will "respond" with is "Darby....Figurative...Darby....Don't you believe the bible/"Jesus"/Paul?....Darby...You really think () is literal?.....You are a Darby follower, in denial....Of the flesh....Fulfilled AD 70...Darby....As yet, not one MADist can answer.....Darby....Fullfilled AD 70.....Nope....Er, no....I was a dispensationalist....Invented"......No one taught....before Darby.....Not one MADist can answer....Darby....You follow the teachings of men....Darby....Bullinger ........Darby.....Allegory....Hyperbole...One verse refutes MAD....Darby....."

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like your fellow posters, not only don't believe you, they don't
like you as well? What a guy. You're not exactly, a man of the people,
are ya?

He is a habitual liar, a charlatan, whose "ministry" is lying, hypocrisy, misquoting others, plagiarizing, sophistry, and deceit.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As soon as you set the example!!!!

I'm not the one quoting stuff out of context

That would be you

Why would you quote something that has nothing to do with a rapture, and claim it pertains to the rapture?

Are you not embarrassed by your post?

Your post was a joke

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The whole church wasn't gathered in 70AD

In fact, Jesus made it clear in Luke 21 for the Christians to flee Judea, to flee the city, and for those in the country not to go to the city.

(Luke 21:21) Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

Luke 21:21 is the exact opposite of a gathering

The dead in Christ were resurrected and taken to heaven. No one saw this happen

That's not what Paul says.

Paul says those of us who are alive AND REMAIN....

We are here now, we live in the new covenant, we are supposed to preach the gospel of Christ, and everyday more people enter the Body of Christ.

Why is that a bad thing?

First the dead were raised...you concede that, then those who were alive and remain were caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord...you [have to] concede that

That is everybody, the whole church.

Never happened bud

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
For some reason, you think the return of Christ was supposed to be like the movie Independence Day, when Will Smith walked out his front door and saw a giant spaceship in the sky.

(1 John 2:18) Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Does what John wrote above sound like he is saying an antichrist is going to come 2,000 years in the future?

Behold He comes in the clouds and every eye shall see Him