ECT Does Jesus speak to you?

oatmeal

God has spoken to his people throughout time

Anyone who has read scripture with any comprehension will see that.

God has communicated to His people by revelation which would include words or concepts/visions/impressions or by angels, etc.

Genesis 21:12

Exodus 4:27

Leviticus 20:1

Joshua 1:1

etc.....

God makes himself know to His people. He makes himself known by direct revelation to people, by the words and actions of men and women of God, like Moses and Jesus Christ and Paul, etc..

by scripture.

People who are willing to take God seriously enough to learn and do His written word will find themselves in situations that scripture is not specific enough to handle. God may choose to help out. Those who are believing for those answers from God may receive God's specific guidance by word of knowledge, word of wisdom or discerning of spirits, I Corinthians 12:7-11 or from someone who does walk with God or by other means that God uses to communicate His will.

If LA has receieved revelation, that is entirely possible.

However, for her to assume that it was Jesus Christ is guesswork.

Looking at the records in scripture, it is rare that Jesus Christ is directly involved in the process.

God is the prime mover, Jesus Christ does the will of the Father.

God worked with people before Jesus Christ was conceived and born, and that has worked well for thousands of years before Christ. See scripture references above.

Could Jesus Christ be involved? Of course, he is the head of the body and the body takes direction from the head. But from where does the head take direction from? He who made formed and created the body. God the Father of our lord Jesus Christ.

Any revelation that God gives will never contradict His written word.

Scripture alone is the benchmark for truth

Cross Reference

God has spoken to his people throughout time

Anyone who has read scripture with any comprehension will see that.

God has communicated to His people by revelation which would include words or concepts/visions/impressions or by angels, etc.

Genesis 21:12

Exodus 4:27

Leviticus 20:1

Joshua 1:1

etc.....

God makes himself know to His people. He makes himself known by direct revelation to people, by the words and actions of men and women of God, like Moses and Jesus Christ and Paul, etc..

by scripture.

People who are willing to take God seriously enough to learn and do His written word will find themselves in situations that scripture is not specific enough to handle. God may choose to help out. Those who are believing for those answers from God may receive God's specific guidance by word of knowledge, word of wisdom or discerning of spirits, I Corinthians 12:7-11 or from someone who does walk with God or by other means that God uses to communicate His will.

If LA has receieved revelation, that is entirely possible.

However, for her to assume that it was Jesus Christ is guesswork.

Looking at the records in scripture, it is rare that Jesus Christ is directly involved in the process.

God is the prime mover, Jesus Christ does the will of the Father.

God worked with people before Jesus Christ was conceived and born, and that has worked well for thousands of years before Christ. See scripture references above.

Could Jesus Christ be involved? Of course, he is the head of the body and the body takes direction from the head. But from where does the head take direction from? He who made formed and created the body. God the Father of our lord Jesus Christ.

Any revelation that God gives will never contradict His written word.

Scripture alone is the benchmark for truth

And it surely doesn't contradict His written word. Everyone in Him/born of Him knows that to be the truth. Even Jesus, the man, spoke of the scriptures of the OT pointing to Him as being the "Everlasting Father".
Perhaps in your persuasion, there is time yet to come, a time when He will become so. If that is correct, why not speak of that future time you believe will come for Him to elevated to such an "Everlasting" Title instead of continuing in your attempts to minimize Him who was and remains God's perfect representation of Himself in human flesh?

Cross Reference

Technically speaking I agree with this concept.

For a clarification of points I point out that Jesus said the comforter whom His Father would send in His name will be the one to teach us and bring us to perfection God willing.......

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
\

Heb.6:1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

These are the necessary doctrines that knowing the truth of is required of all Christians who have any hope to ever move beyond Pentecost and in to the blessings associated with Tabernacles. If you are not hearing a voice from above you cannot learn the truth of these doctrines as God leads you through His Holy Word. If you are not hearing His Voice it is because you have already departed the presence of the Lord !!!

However, hearing a voice does not mean you are hearing from God

The things the Holy Ghost is to teach us are the basic foundational doctrines of Christ so that what we think is Christ speaking to us is the "real Christ," and not an impostor (as in most small "c" christians) confusing the Christian into thinking they are hearing from Christ when the truth is it is satan who is controlling their thoughts and the doctrines taught from the pulpits of said denominations

Basically speaking, if the truth of the foundational doctrines of Christ that make up the above seven doctrines are not in us, the voice heard is not coming from Christ but from an impostor transformed to appear and sound like Christ to the unsuspecting Christian.

Unfortunately having read the beliefs of the "MAD" and most other followers of Christ here on TOL, I believe it is not the Holy Ghost but an impostor who is leading them in the wrong direction they have gone in

Only those who are given witness through miracles that require the presence and blessings of God today, and not in yesterday such as the Pentecost and different Charismatic Christian sects claim, have the witness of God that He is still among them and not departed them as He has the Jews and most Christian denominations

Unfortunately the verses below descibes 99% of the current Christian denominational fractions.

2Cor.11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Your 'skepticism', birthed in unbelief, would relegate every righteous worker in Christ to a position inferior to yourself and those as you who are steeped in a legalized approach to understanding the ways of God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[Y]ou are claiming God speaks to you[?]
God speaks to lots of people. By
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
god they usually mean themselves (Phil 3:19). :devil:

I knew a man whose god told him to "f**king divorce" his wife (Mal 2:16).

"I realized I was my own god which left me with a fool for a deity." ~ Tim Gresham

As a reminder, Lazy Afternoon is number 11 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Last edited:

oatmeal

And it surely doesn't contradict His written word. Everyone in Him/born of Him knows that to be the truth. Even Jesus, the man, spoke of the scriptures of the OT pointing to Him as being the "Everlasting Father".
Perhaps in your persuasion, there is time yet to come, a time when He will become so. If that is correct, why not speak of that future time you believe will come for Him to elevated to such an "Everlasting" Title instead of continuing in your attempts to minimize Him who was and remains God's perfect representation of Himself in human flesh?

Is Jesus the Father or the son?

For that matter how did any get a name like Johnson?

Could it be because someone was John's son?

How does anyone get a name like Smith?

Could it because someone was a smith and was called by the profession he was involved in?

Is he that profession or is he called by his profession?

Why are you called "Cross Reference"? Is there some significance to that username?

Is Jesus the Father or the son?

Is Jesus his own Father? that does not sound like a godly arrangement. That is something you got capital punishment for in the OT

Everlasting refers to a point in time from which something ever lasts.

Eternal refers to something that did not have a beginning

Father is not only used of biological fathers, but it also refers to the person who originated something or is a superior

Genesis 4:20-22

Cross Reference

If when God speaks to anyone, it does away with the need for faith, it would be rare __ which only points up the need for having a personal relationship with Him.

Livelystone

Your 'skepticism', birthed in unbelief, would relegate every righteous worker in Christ to a position inferior to yourself and those as you who are steeped in a legalized approach to understanding the ways of God.

The word to everyone else is the same as it is to me.......... "come up hither and partake of the heavenly gifts reserved for the sons and daughters of our everlasting Father'.

That fact that you choose to remain earthly is not anyone else's problem but is yours alone

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The biblical Canon was formally defined in the 4th century A.D. Before that, there simply was no "Bible" as we have it today. So again:
What did Christians do for the centuries before there was a book?​

I guess you are looking for word of mouth but they still had the apostles parchments,