Does God Decieve?

dcon

BANNED
Banned
And you can't see any of us in our own environment, can you, Artie?

You are so quick to judge. It's what the Witnesses preach that is wrong, and this forum is for the discussion of theology. We are dealing with those here who are quite set in their beliefs hoping to drag others into their ungodly religions.

We are here to stop them. If that's a problem for you, why are you here?
If we truly represent Jehovah the God of the universe, there is no way you or a hundred million people like you, could ever stop us. But, you go ahead and give it that old college try.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We all know your thoughts about Jehovah's Witnesses, so if you want to deny your hatred for us, you only expose yourself as a liar. You hate us, that's obvious. We are only interested in telling people what the Bible really says. There is nothing more loving that someone could do in this life than try to save the lives of people we've never met. What is the problem you have with that?

i don't hate you, i find you amusing and occasionally annoying

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
We don't even know if the NWT is a translation...or just a re-wording of other translations changed to fit JW doctrine. Translations generally are proud to let known the scholarship of the translators, ...not the JW's.

Many examples how the NWT was changed from real translations such as John 1:1.
Here are 28 actual translations...Compare to the mis-'translation' in the NWT
New International Version
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Living Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

Good News Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NET Bible
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In the origin The Word had been existing and That Word had been existing with God and That Word was himself God.

GOD'S WORD[emoji2400] Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Darby Bible Translation
In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

Why does the NWT differ from all major translations? "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god". The answer is simple...and obvious to most. The NWT is changed to fit a heretical doctrine.
The NWT is NOT and never has been, a rewording of any other translation! Where do you people come up with this garbage?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6days

The NWT is NOT and never has been, a rewording of any other translation! Where do you people come up with this garbage?
How would you know? The so called translators are unknown. You claimed the NWT 'translation' is similar to others, yet you were just shown your churches version contradicts all other major translations on the most vital of all issues... Who is our God.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for that, 6days.

I went to check it on BibleGateway, but hello, it's not on BibleGateway.
There are about 30 English translations there, but not the NWT.
First red flag.
It must be copyrighted. (Who would copyright God's word?)

Any how, good old Google gets me to an "authorized" website with the NWT.
I punched in John 1, and it confirmed what you posted.
"The word" which "was God", is demoted to the status of "a god", in the first verse.

But I kept reading for a bit.
John 1:2 is also changed.
John 1:3 is changed.
John 1:4 verse placement is changed, and the verse is changed.
John 1:5 is changed.

There is a paragraph break there, so I stopped.

That was enough for me already.
Every verse in the first five verses I read has been changed.
And I mean changed.
The changes aren't just a different word with the same meaning.
No, they changed the words and meanings completely.

The word becomes "a god" (small g).
He become "this one" in verse 2.
"without Him" become "apart from Him" in verse 3.
Verse 3 contains the first part of verse 4.
In verse 4 "In Him was life" becomes "what has come into existence by means of Him is life".
And verse five, "the darkness comprehended it not" becomes "the darkness has not overpowered it".

Wow. Putting my eyes back in my head.

Have you seen enough?
I hope so, because I have.
The NWT IS a rewording of the holy Bible.

Thank you for showing me that 6days.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thank you for that, 6days.

I went to check it on BibleGateway, but hello, it's not on BibleGateway.
There are about 30 English translations there, but not the NWT.
First red flag.
It must be copyrighted. (Who would copyright God's word?)

Any how, good old Google gets me to an "authorized" website with the NWT.
I punched in John 1, and it confirmed what you posted.
"The word" which "was God", is demoted to the status of "a god", in the first verse.

But I kept reading for a bit.
John 1:2 is also changed.
John 1:3 is changed.
John 1:4 verse placement is changed, and the verse is changed.
John 1:5 is changed.

There is a paragraph break there, so I stopped.

That was enough for me already.
Every verse in the first five verses I read has been changed.
And I mean changed.
The changes aren't just a different word with the same meaning.
No, they changed the words and meanings completely.

The word becomes "a god" (small g).
He become "this one" in verse 2.
"without Him" become "apart from Him" in verse 3.
Verse 3 contains the first part of verse 4.
In verse 4 "In Him was life" becomes "what has come into existence by means of Him is life".
And verse five, "the darkness comprehended it not" becomes "the darkness has not overpowered it".

Wow. Putting my eyes back in my head.

Have you seen enough?
I hope so, because I have.
The NWT IS a rewording of the holy Bible.

Thank you for showing me that 6days.

Compare it to the Wescott-Hort.

They claim it was used in the translation of the NWT, but it's too different.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
False accusation. Looks more like you are the partner with Satan.

I provided the Biblical quote (the false claim that God puts lying spirits in people)
that YOU asked for, as well as the claim that God works with Satan and you just want to criticize me??? You are not an intellectually honest person.

Right Divider

Body part
I get the idea that you wouldn't know the truth if it suddenly appeared in front of you like a vision.
Your ideas are ridiculous.

Until you can read ancient Greek and Hebrew, you have no idea what the correct translation of the Bible really is.
Nope, I have a proper translation already and don't need the fake NWT.

The scholars who translated the Scriptures from the original writings were experts in those languages.
Yep and they were not involved with the NWT.

Arthur Brain

Thank you for at least admitting that Jehovah's Witnesses can be and are, loving, kind and compassionate people. If we, as an organization, were what people say we are, it would be obvious by now, because lies and liars eventually expose themselves. We care enough about people whom we've never met to expose religion for the lies they tell, just as Jesus, gave his life for people he never met to offer them a way out of false religion's clutches and give them salvation for their sins.

I just see her as a person, regardless of her belief. She exemplifies love, compassion, empathy, patience more than many a person I've known including me.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
How would you know? The so called translators are unknown. You claimed the NWT 'translation' is similar to others, yet you were just shown your churches version contradicts all other major translations on the most vital of all issues... Who is our God.
The translators names are not made public because it's not about them. I'm sure that if you were an accomplished translator, your name would be all over your work. However, as Jehovah's Witnesses, all the credit goes to Jehovah God. The accuracy of the NWT speaks for itself. If you have the common courtesy to investigate the opinions of scholars who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, you'll find many agree to the meticulousness of the translation. How about it? Have you got the guts to find out whether you might be wrong or not?

Right Divider

Body part
The translators names are not made public because it's not about them. I'm sure that if you were an accomplished translator, your name would be all over your work. However, as Jehovah's Witnesses, all the credit goes to Jehovah God. The accuracy of the NWT speaks for itself. If you have the common courtesy to investigate the opinions of scholars who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, you'll find many agree to the meticulousness of the translation. How about it? Have you got the guts to find out whether you might be wrong or not?
You are a hoot!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The following is a quotation from "A CRITICAL LOOK AT THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS BIBLE:
THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION"

by M. Kurt Goedelman

"In addition, former member of the Watchtower's Governing Body, Raymond V. Franz, in his book, Crisis of Conscience, lists the translators' names as Franz, Knorr, Schroeder and Cangas. His list omits Henschel. Franz further acknowledges his uncle Frederick Franz as the "principal translator of the Society's New World Translation" (Crisis, pg. 50).

Yet, Frederick Franz's translation ability is open to serious question.

During a court trial held in Scotland in 1954 (during the same period that the New World Translation was being made) Franz was asked if he had made himself familiar with Hebrew. His reply was "Yes." He also acknowledged under oath that he could read and follow the Bible in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, German and French. The following day, during the same court trial, his linguistic abilities were put to the test.

He was asked to translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew. He failed the test as he was unable to do so. In fact he did not even try, but rather stated "No, I wouldn't attempt to do that." (See, Court of Session, Scotland - Douglas Walsh vs. The Right Honourable James Latham Clyde - November 1954.)

The entire article is here:

http://www.ukapologetics.net/newworld.html

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Thank you for at least admitting that Jehovah's Witnesses can be and are, loving, kind and compassionate people. If we, as an organization, were what people say we are, it would be obvious by now, because lies and liars eventually expose themselves. We care enough about people whom we've never met to expose religion for the lies they tell, just as Jesus, gave his life for people he never met to offer them a way out of false religion's clutches and give them salvation for their sins.

i worked night shift with a pleasant mooslim fellow several years ago - he was fun to talk to when the workload was slow, and a good worker when we were busy - i liked him then and would enjoy meeting him again

but he was as wrong in his religious beliefs as you guys are

dcon

BANNED
Banned
The following is a quotation from "A CRITICAL LOOK AT THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS BIBLE:
THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION"

by M. Kurt Goedelman

The entire article is here:

http://www.ukapologetics.net/newworld.html

I never said they were infallible. I only said they translated from the original languages. You quote from only one source. What are his qualifications? How does anyone know whether his assessment is accurate or not? Does he have the same overall opinion of Jehovah's Witnesses as you do? How many share his opinion of the NWT as opposed to those who don't. The truthful answers to these questions could verify his conclusions or prove him a fraud.

glorydaz

All I can say is you've still got time. You should probably use it to apologize to Jehovah and learn about Him and His Kingdom, instead of making stupid jokes.

There is nothing hidden, except the truth that is hidden from you.

I get the idea that you wouldn't know the truth if it suddenly appeared in front of you like a vision. Until you can read ancient Greek and Hebrew, you have no idea what the correct translation of the Bible really is. The scholars who translated the Scriptures from the original writings were experts in those languages.

If you've got personal proof of what you claim, put it out there. Otherwise, you are simply passing along the lies and misinformation of others of your kind.

This all you got? :rotfl: