DO YOU SIN

glorydaz

Satan asked for Peter? To sift him as wheat. Based on what we know about Job it would have been the Eternal that said to Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Peter?

Peters sin of denial was orchestrated to save Peter from the sin of pride. The lesser sin dealing with the greater.

Your thoughts and understanding of the Eternal Almighty need to be raised far higher.

God allows such for a purpose....He doesn't orchestrate any of the evil satan brings.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, let's face it....Truster has a lot of stories and they all come from his own perspective. I don't put any confidence in his perspective. ;)
Right.
His words have no authority over us.

But as far as sin being "guilty pleasure", there are stories in scripture where folks did things with good intentions that they thought were genuinely serving the Lord, and it had disastrous results.
For example, David was having the ark transported from one place to another (bringing it home) on a cart drawn by oxen. On the way, the oxen stumbled and Uzza reached out his hand to steady the ark from falling. He was immediately struck down by GOD.
This act from GOD disturbed and scared David so much that it was three months before he had the nerve to try and bring the ark any further.

Sometimes folks think they are serving GOD when they are not.
AS the old saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Truster

The frightening things is this. Only five people admitted being sinners. I hope they are repentant sinners, but repentance wasn't mentioned. The distinction is vital otherwise people think its OK to be a sinner and that everybody sins.
Sin is not a pleasure and the fact that some are left until their sin reaches its full measure without any troubling of mind is awesome. The judgement of spiritual blindness is equally awe inspiring.

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

glorydaz

The frightening things is this. Only five people admitted being sinners. I hope they are repentant sinners, but repentance wasn't mentioned. The distinction is vital otherwise people think its OK to be a sinner and that everybody sins.
Sin is not a pleasure and the fact that some are left until their sin reaches its full measure without any troubling of mind is awesome. The judgement of spiritual blindness is equally awe inspiring.

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

More evidence that Hebrews was not written by Paul.

Romans 6:21-22 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.​

God's Truth

Well, I was doing the same until he started calling nuns and the rest of us older women "old hags".

I'm willing to overlook his youth and inexperience, but I won't overlook his ugliness disguised as zeal.

Well, he called me an old hag many times, but I am not an older woman.

God's Truth

More evidence that Hebrews was not written by Paul.

Romans 6:21-22 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.​

Paul warns us MANY times to not sin.

God's Truth

No one has to admit anything to a lost person such as yourself.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Right, and with the next breath he tells us we have been made free from sin.

Either you misread Paul or you have Paul contradicting himself.

Forensically, we have been (legally) declared forgiven from sin by the work of grace on the cross of Jesus Christ. Romans 4:25-5:2

Ontologically, while remaining in our flesh bodies, our members are still subject to sin (biological death). Romans 7:24

Paul taught Truth and Truth consists of both aspects of the human experience.

God's Truth

Right, and with the next breath he tells us we have been made free from sin.

Either you misread Paul or you have Paul contradicting himself.

Why is Paul giving us commands then?

Here's a major one that rebukes you:

1 Corinthians 15:34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame.

Oh wow that is a good one, completely rebukes you.

glorydaz

Forensically, we have been (legally) declared forgiven from sin by the work of grace on the cross of Jesus Christ. Romans 4:25-5:2

Ontologically, while remaining in our flesh bodies, our members are still subject to sin (biological death). Romans 7:24

Paul taught Truth and Truth consists of both aspects of the human experience.

Paul was not speaking of a man with the indwelling Spirit in chapter 7. He was speaking as one "sold under sin" ..."wretched". So, you have Paul contradicting himself in the preceding chapter and the one that follows chapter 7.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

glorydaz

Why is Paul giving us commands then?

Here's a major one that rebukes you:

1 Corinthians 15:34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame.

Oh wow that is a good one, completely rebukes you.

Just who is it that does not have knowledge of God...who is ignorant of God? :chuckle:

I swear, God's UNtruth, I can't be spending every minute of my day explaining what Paul is talking about. If you listened, I might, but you don't listen. Watch.....

Paul is talking about those who don't know God. He is preaching the Gospel and all about the resurrection from the dead. Try reading verses in context. Heck, try reading the entire chapter for a change.

1 Cor. 15:34-36 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:​

God's Truth

Just who is it that does not have knowledge of God...who is ignorant of God? :chuckle:

I swear, God's UNtruth, I can't be spending every minute of my day explaining what Paul is talking about. If you listened, I might, but you don't listen. Watch.....

Paul is talking about those who don't know God. He is preaching the Gospel and all about the resurrection from the dead. Try reading verses in context. Heck, try reading the entire chapter for a change.

1 Cor. 15:34-36 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:​

I knew you would say that.

I can post many scriptures where Paul gives us instructions.

Before I do that, just tell me why the people fell dead when they ate and drank in an unworthy manner?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul was not speaking of a man with the indwelling Spirit in chapter 7.

Specifically where, in Romans Chapter 7?

He was speaking as one "sold under sin" ..."wretched".

Which is the natural state of all the sons of Adam. Even persons eventually saved by the grace and power of God, remain creatures of dust and retain sin in their "members."

So, you have Paul contradicting himself in the preceding chapter and the one that follows chapter 7.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

No contradiction. You are confusing legalities with pardoning grace, and the sanctifying powers thereof.
Many are legally pardoned from their condemnation, and spiritually set free by the Law satisfied and met by Jesus Christ.

But even these pardoned criminals, retain the stigma and scars from their crimes.

They are legally set free from punishment, but still have need of an Advocate and Paraclete, to guide and keep them spiritually on a holy course and obedient walk in this life.